Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03 Released  (Read 73280 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03 Released
« Reply #135 on: February 29, 2020, 05:18:59 pm »

Good proof that you don't need a tavern keeper to die of alcohol poisoning.

Except, you know, for the part where you had a tavernkeeper both times. If you want to prove that, try disabling all your tavernkeepers and see how many of your dwarves drink themselves to oblivion. I'm around 0/200 so far, so your 2/200? is either extremely poor luck or proof of the exact opposite.
Tavern keepers started serving themselves in 47.x?
Interesting. Not sure I ever saw that in 44.x.

I assumed he managed it because his job was to be in the tavern and he was a prone-to-overindulgence dwarf.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 05:23:04 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 29, 2020, 05:37:28 pm »

Except, you know, for the part where you had a tavernkeeper both times. If you want to prove that, try disabling all your tavernkeepers and see how many of your dwarves drink themselves to oblivion. I'm around 0/200 so far, so your 2/200? is either extremely poor luck or proof of the exact opposite.

I assumed he managed it because his job was to be in the tavern and he was a prone-to-overindulgence dwarf.

I posted a issue report comment for a little ex-dwarf in the tavern with a attitude of fast living surrounded by the luxury of his favorite dwarven ale & cave lobsters (a dwarf of plain but respectable tastes) choking on his own vomit so it is not completely isolated, even amongst regular fortress dwarves.

Successful execution of the feature in a sort of unfortunate but expected parameter.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 29, 2020, 06:17:42 pm »

I posted a issue report comment for a little ex-dwarf in the tavern with a attitude of fast living surrounded by the luxury of his favorite dwarven ale & cave lobsters (a dwarf of plain but respectable tastes) choking on his own vomit so it is not completely isolated, even amongst regular fortress dwarves.

Successful execution of the feature in a sort of unfortunate but expected parameter.
Well, you had a tavern keeper there assigned there too, and in that dwarves case he was using a mug which is the preferred way for tavern keepers to serve.

I'm going to give the dorfs a few months off and sack the over-indulgent tavern keeper. See if he can kill himself without a job title.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 29, 2020, 08:43:40 pm »

Has anyone managed a successful prisoner rescue in 47.x yet? Seems to be a fair few reports of people complaining that it seems to be impossible (report is only ever "searched the site, found nothing"). I've managed prisoner rescues in 44.12, but didn't try again until after the raid crash fix in 47.03 so not sure if that might be the cause somehow.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]