Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03 Released  (Read 73293 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03 Released
« on: February 16, 2020, 06:04:37 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Here's another bug-fix release, ranging into some older issues as well.  There's been some work on the raid crash/corruption problem, though I suspect that is ongoing - hopefully the frequency is lessened.  I've also done a few quick changes to socializing and stress, but that's a longer project as well.  Dwarves clump now in zones and taverns, which should help with the friendship rate, and I've made the most stressable dwarves a little more fixable.  One of the major causes of loyalty spirals/civil wars has been handled, and I did some work with hospital rest and diagnosis problems.

Reminder:  We'll start coding on the graphical version in a few weeks.  We'll still have these bug-fix releases periodically, though there will be an initial gap of some time while I get the core framework done to the point where the artists can use it.  But there should be at least one more bug-fix release around the change of the month before that work begins.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Cleaned up equipment tracking issue for returning fort-mode raiders
   (*) Made historical spies drop possibly divisive cover identities when arriving as regular fort citizens
   (*) Stopped patients that have been in traction for a week from requiring diagnosis repeatedly
   (*) Made dwarves inside hospitals return to rest if rest is cancelled
   (*) Supported doctor's guildhall to fix broken petitions
   (*) Fixed freeze related to forbidding doors/hatches
   (*) Fixed crash related to starting modded fort mode critters with natural skills
   (*) Stopped crash related to artifacts/books placed on adv pack animals
   (*) Fixed crash related to deleting zones in adv mode site planning
   (*) Fixed unretirement crash in adv mode
   (*) Fixed bug causing you to become a different historical figure when unretiring
   (*) Fixed w.g. crash related to imprisonment by civilizations that have lost their capitals

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Allowed placement of altars in fort mode (they have no specific function yet)
   (*) Added person-seeking behavior to socialize activity and to jobless milling about in zones
   (*) Changed stress calculation for high vulnerability personalities
   (*) Made mummies control tombs more fully so allies couldn't call on zombies to fight themselves
   (*) Stopped mercenaries from being hired to attack their own forts
   (*) Fixed problem causing w.g. people to falsely befriend themselves for information
   (*) Fixed xml log for entities acquiring buildings
   (*) Fixed xml log for entities breaching the underworld
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03 Released
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 06:20:11 pm »

Thanks for the crash fixes, Toady!

Looking forward to this person seeking activity.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 06:35:40 pm »

Same, many thanks.  :D

Immediately out of the gate i've heard rumors that its working, but not in a typical sense, there was apparently a mass poly-amorous blob of dwarves in one person's fortress all in lover relationships with each other every such-way. Dwarven lovelives should hopefully be entertaining, even though that's just a unconfirmed rumor.

Id also been looking forward to the altars, carrying a value is pretty much a 'use' as good as any as a nice aesthetic alternative to a statue.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 07:10:40 pm »

Mmm, I'm still getting worldgen crashes with a rather inconsistent year range. I'm gonna take apart my objects folder and put it back together to double check if its not an issue on my end - I'm not getting anything in the errorlog so obvious issues are out. Any way to log crash causes? I noticed there was an option to log worldgen rejection causes, so wondering if there's one for crashes as well.Current rawset I'm using - crash seeds I've gotten were this (medium world, short history, default civs, high sites, high or very high everything else)
CREATE WORLD NOW = 4245555
 Seed: LfAa9kYoeevzJdvp9OHu
 History Seed: BuGzS410srbA5SzobVrs
 Name Seed: dJGr1i3R9erayfzN73Dg
 Creature Seed: uN0EyqO6uW6z2BqE8Z7M

CREATE WORLD NOW = 4245555
 Seed: sskkEUkCOIesGSMQseY2
 History Seed: 6IA0oYs0wai44cie48g0
 Name Seed: O4WUm0GWQGOUUKgOCAko
 Creature Seed: wo0CmSC0wAeGsyGICoUw

CREATE WORLD NOW = 4244555
 Seed: pbae3WsA4GPD7DL5VALs
 History Seed: nU4ta8LYqtbIBcvAvLZY
 Name Seed: rletXK7zXuN0Czt1dpdK
 Creature Seed: mjaIuOoiuGwDmDqq6lj2
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:18:03 pm by ZM5 »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 07:14:45 pm »

So if ex-spies are no longer turning up with their secret identities, this bug can be marked as fixed, right? Or is there something remaining?
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10490

(Initial description is a bit confusing as it covered the already fixed #0010452 too, but remaining buggy behaviour was all about ex-spies from your civ turning up with fake identities).

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 07:33:04 pm »

Thanks for the update Toady. It would be nice to clearly identify which of those fixed bugs were long-time issues, or just bugs introduced since 0.47.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 09:45:17 pm »

It would be nice to clearly identify which of those fixed bugs were long-time issues, or just bugs introduced since 0.47.

That information isn't particularly useful, but it is already available on the bugtracker, for the curious.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 09:53:16 pm »

Hey FantasticDorf that was 47.02 and I was using modded dwarves. And I havent encountered anything like it since!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 12:41:02 am »

Awesome patch, finally some important old bugs fixed. Thanks toadyyy
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 12:46:56 am »

It would be nice to clearly identify which of those fixed bugs were long-time issues, or just bugs introduced since 0.47.

That information isn't particularly useful, but it is already available on the bugtracker, for the curious.
If I'm asking for it, it's because I find it useful. The bugtracker is hard to parse compared to a changelog.

And the use I find for this information is for deciding whether it's worth jumping into 0.47 right away, or play 0.44 instead with all the quality of life and bugfixes/workarounds that have accumulated from dfhack and other tools. My experience is that it takes months for the tools to get back into a state where they have all their features and are mostly bug-free.

That's why I'm mostly interested in old bugs being fixed, as they are the ones shifting the balance towards playing the new version. That is, if the new bugs aren't even worse than the old ones. I wonder what will be this version's "raid corruption".

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 01:04:44 am »

If I'm asking for it, it's because I find it useful. The bugtracker is hard to parse compared to a changelog.

And the use I find for this information is for deciding whether it's worth jumping into 0.47 right away, or play 0.44 instead with all the quality of life and bugfixes/workarounds that have accumulated from dfhack and other tools. My experience is that it takes months for the tools to get back into a state where they have all their features and are mostly bug-free.

That's why I'm mostly interested in old bugs being fixed, as they are the ones shifting the balance towards playing the new version. That is, if the new bugs aren't even worse than the old ones. I wonder what will be this version's "raid corruption".
It's kind of a waste of time to force Toady to separate it all out. Look at the tracker. Most recent cleared bugs are at the top. See when they were posted. What does it matter how long it's been since a bug was posted? Fixed bug is fixed bug. If it was bothering you, now it's not. If you never noticed it, probably wasn't important to the way you play the game so it doesn't really matter.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 01:51:19 am »

Time to think of a 0.47.04 and .05 wishlist!
-Fixing Marksdwarves (dodging through fortifications, ammunition issues, trying to melee instead of firing, etc) https://i.redd.it/j54a677nbyg41.jpg
-Continued fixes to loyalty cascades and double-assigning equipment bugs
-Tweaking the Needs system (like favourite meals, seeing friends and family)
-Reducing the amount of fort mode agents/villains and visiting necromancers/experiments, and less dwarf corruption overall (and could make failed corruption attempts be reported to CotG)
-Refining the Justice system to be more automatic and less clunky/time consuming
-Combat fixes, like making bruised brain not be an instant kill (concussions should be a thing), balancing weapons like whips, etc.
-Much slower cloth rot (I think the current rot is too fast because of a bug?)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 02:03:04 am by Orkel »
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 01:56:31 am »

The bugtracker *includes* a changelog. And you can literally create the exact list you are asking for with less than a dozen clicks.

And the use I find for this information is for deciding whether it's worth jumping into 0.47 right away, or play 0.44 instead with all the quality of life and bugfixes/workarounds that have accumulated from dfhack and other tools.

So you're saying that if Toady spends his time duplicating information that is already available elsewhere there's a chance that you might purchase his free game? Yep, not particularly useful.

Do your own legwork instead of expecting other forum users or, worse, Toady, to cater to your peculiar needs. If compiling your information isn't worth your time, then it sure isn't worth ours.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 02:20:30 am »

It's kind of a waste of time to force Toady to separate it all out. Look at the tracker. Most recent cleared bugs are at the top. See when they were posted. What does it matter how long it's been since a bug was posted? Fixed bug is fixed bug. If it was bothering you, now it's not. If you never noticed it, probably wasn't important to the way you play the game so it doesn't really matter.
I'm not forcing Toady, I'm asking him nicely and getting dismissive or arrogant answers from people I didn't ask anything from. He knows this information by heart already, so it's not much of an extra effort to add it, if he wants to. By your own logic he shouldn't even bother having a changelog up there, since everyone can just go look at the tracker.

So you're saying that if Toady spends his time duplicating information that is already available elsewhere there's a chance that you might purchase his free game? Yep, not particularly useful.

Do your own legwork instead of expecting other forum users or, worse, Toady, to cater to your peculiar needs. If compiling your information isn't worth your time, then it sure isn't worth ours.
I've been around Toady for a long time, and I'm pretty sure he can make his own decisions and doesn't need over-enthusiastic self-important watchdogs and white knights to "defend" him from oh-so-threatening polite requests.

risusinf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 02:25:07 am »

I don't expect it to become crucially better any time soon, so i guess now is a good moment to jump in and play a little.

Fixing Marksdwarves (dodging through fortifications, ammunition issues, trying to melee instead of firing, etc)

Made me remember bolts glitching through surface being very annoying.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10