Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03 Released  (Read 73274 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03 Released
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 02:50:20 am »

Quote from: ZM5
Mmm, I'm still getting worldgen crashes with a rather inconsistent year range. I'm gonna take apart my objects folder and put it back together to double check if its not an issue on my end - I'm not getting anything in the errorlog so obvious issues are out. Any way to log crash causes?

Rejections are intended, so they are way easier to log.  There isn't additional info for crashes, as they generally happen at some location where there's a typo etc., or because of a typo way upstream that randomly craps out later.  I did a bunch of 3000 year gens in smaller worlds, so hopefully vanilla is more stable at least.  What OS are you on?

Quote from: Shonai_Dweller
So if ex-spies are no longer turning up with their secret identities, this bug can be marked as fixed, right? Or is there something remaining?
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10490

(Initial description is a bit confusing as it covered the already fixed #0010452 too, but remaining buggy behaviour was all about ex-spies from your civ turning up with fake identities).

Yeah, I went ahead and marked that one off, as it seems covered.  There could still be some unusual edge case, but I tried to capture every place where migrants/visitors/etc. might come with their id still on unnecessarily, and old saves should log a patch.

-

Regarding bugs, I'm not sure what's being asked for - the version of the first report?  That's not always available, as some of the bug fixes don't come off the tracker, and for those from the bug tracker, it's not always clear even then (e.g. I fix a related bug that has extra effects, reported against various versions, as with the loyalty cascade/spy bit above), but I don't have strong objections to doing whatever.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 04:09:33 am »

Rejections are intended, so they are way easier to log.  There isn't additional info for crashes, as they generally happen at some location where there's a typo etc., or because of a typo way upstream that randomly craps out later.  I did a bunch of 3000 year gens in smaller worlds, so hopefully vanilla is more stable at least.  What OS are you on?
Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 04:15:58 am »

Incidentally, are necromancers and lieutenants still coming to visit fortresses? And are visiting lieutenants actually a bug, or are they meant to be hanging out admiring my artifacts (way too closely)?

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2020, 04:17:03 am »

Incidentally, are necromancers and lieutenants still coming to visit fortresses? And are visiting lieutenants actually a bug, or are they meant to be hanging out admiring my artifacts (way too closely)?

Necromancers are still visiting my fort in .03 so that bug is waiting for the next patch. Experiments (and lieutenants?) are probably intended since they "re-integrate" into society.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 04:21:29 am »

Necromancers are still visiting my fort in .03 so that bug is waiting for the next patch. Experiments (and lieutenants?) are probably intended since they "re-integrate" into society.
Experiments I understand. Lieutenants...not so sure about. Are they supposed to reintegrate too?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2020, 06:22:52 am »

regarding the bugs, what I think people are looking for is this page: https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php That lists the fixed bugs for a given version if these were reported and marked as fixed on the tracker.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2020, 07:50:15 am »

I am not sure re-integration is the reason here. I have been interrogating every undead for a while now and so far, I think every single one of them has been there to steal something on behalf of a necromancer. I assume it's sort of intended behaviour and not a real bug, but I'd say something should probably be done about that at a later point because at the moment, it's a bit of a give-away when they arrive.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2020, 08:09:53 am »

I am not sure re-integration is the reason here. I have been interrogating every undead for a while now and so far, I think every single one of them has been there to steal something on behalf of a necromancer. I assume it's sort of intended behaviour and not a real bug, but I'd say something should probably be done about that at a later point because at the moment, it's a bit of a give-away when they arrive.

It would be nice if the necromancer polymorphed or re-experimented them into believable looking adventurers rather that a fake moustache approach (letting them live a normal life until people become suspicious or somehow unmasked) is my two cents half-suggestion.

Other civs without magical capacity already take some care to send spies tailored to be not too suspicious.

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2020, 08:36:42 am »

It would be nice if the necromancer polymorphed or re-experimented them into believable looking adventurers rather that a fake moustache approach (letting them live a normal life until people become suspicious or somehow unmasked) is my two cents half-suggestion.

Other civs without magical capacity already take some care to send spies tailored to be not too suspicious.

Either that, or simply require that necromancers send actual living agents to player forts to make it less obvious. That could also help bring the number of thefts down a bit (I think the are a bit over the top currently), since necromancers might not have any.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2020, 08:54:50 am »

nevermind

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2020, 09:59:10 am »

Yay, bugfixes! Thanks Toady! No raws changes, just two lines in interface.txt.

*restores natural_skill tags*
*rolls 550 years medium world, worldgen crashes on first try*
*rolls 30 years world, and the pressing-embark-crashes is verily fixed!*
*rolls 900 years "smal betatest" world, worldgen doesn't crash*
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 10:02:01 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

virus_found

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2020, 10:42:54 am »

Are worlds and saves from 0.47.02 compatible with 0.47.03?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2020, 11:08:17 am »

Are worlds and saves from 0.47.02 compatible with 0.47.03?

yes, very compatible

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 11:18:43 am »

(*) Cleaned up equipment tracking issue for returning fort-mode raiders

I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Tarn!

alex-wev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 11:23:26 am »

Large worlds still crash during history simulation literally always, in most cases somewhere between 300 and 600 years.
I did 6 tries with fully vanilla 0.47.03 game and all-default worldgen settings to create large region, and it crashed all six times around 400+ year.
I thought about posting seeds, but since some are already posted above, and that crashes occur literally ALWAYS...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10