Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 49871 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 4: Tramspotting
« Reply #585 on: November 03, 2020, 04:08:16 pm »

"My apologies, Warriors, for hunting you down like this. You must understand. If it had been your Boss that had been killed, I would wager you would the same to us. Cassius was my sworn brother, but really, it might as well have been been a blood relationship. He's been my brother since we were kids."
The man sighs.
  "Of course, there's many questions. For one, I'm not entirely sure he's actually dead."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 04:10:50 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 03, 2020, 05:01:59 pm »

Largo raises an eyebrow, confused.

"... Didn't you chase us precisely you believed that we killed your man? Outrunning a tram doesn't really happen when you're not completely sure about it."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 03, 2020, 05:08:58 pm »

"I wanted answers for my blood brother's death. If those answers came from me beating you senseless, so be it. All that I'm sure of is that the Hood Avenue Runners are claiming you killed him. But as the night's gone on, I've been less and less sure. For one, the Runners refuse to tell us if they saw a corpse."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 03, 2020, 05:39:09 pm »

"That sounds suspicious. You got any people, ah, paying them a visit?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 3: Money, Money, Money
« Reply #589 on: November 03, 2020, 05:49:36 pm »

"...Not that that means much.  Take it from me; it's pretty easy to make sure there's nothing left of a body."

Lagata opened one of her eyes, peering with some measure of annoyance at the Chief.  Apparently, all this talk was keeping her awake.  So, grumbling, she uncurled herself and sat up in her seat.

"But given we didn't kill whoever-it-is, that's a moot point.  Maybe you should go beat the crap out of those Runners and see why they're spreading crap like that around."

"Dunno what we did to them to make them make that up.  But if they're the reason idiots keep trying to jump us, then I'm going to give them a reason."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 03, 2020, 05:55:43 pm »

"Well, most of the Chiefs are in an uproar over Cassius. You're lucky you ran into us instead, the others might not have stopped to listen to you. And....yes, I concede there's pretty easy ways to make sure a body disappears, but none I know of that work that quickly. My suspicions are that they wanted to kill him and frame you for it, but I couldn't tell you what their motives are, nor if they succeeded. Cassius and myself are ex-adventurers ourselves, you see. He's survived worse. Until I see a body, I'm not believing he's dead."
"What I do know is that I intend to beat the everloving hell out of their leader when I next see him."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 03, 2020, 07:04:21 pm »

Xerxe grumpily rose from his nap, though his visage remained as impassive as ever. It was more of an ambient grumpiness.

His voice was meditative and mostly calm, betraying only a slowly smoldering anger. It made him somewhat poetic.

"Hmm...another one seeking justice. It's an honorable goal, though the seeker oft lead astray, he must persist to the bitter end...you are right at least, had it be our boss, perhaps we would not be so patient asking questions.

I'll add for my part of this mystery that Owyn Pendergast-the blue fellow over there-can testify he and possibly his fellow footsyballers were compulsed by Dark Magic to attack us tonight. It was no drunken brawl. He was a man coming out of an evil trance.

And I'm still wondering, in a city where everyone has good reason to judge us guilty and assault on sight to reap the glory, why would you hide your hand and send mind controlled pawns to fight us? If it was strategic in nature, why not follow up with an immediate attack? I believe the benefit gained was from the fight itself. I suspect several groups may have been influenced in the same manner for the same reason, though only enough to keep us busy. Every fight we must defend ourselves further adds to the assumption of our guilt by the rest of the city...every fight slows us down. And why would they slow us down?

Because we're the one group in the city that is a threat to their plans, by the virtue of being able to undo their treachery."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 07:06:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 04, 2020, 09:46:37 am »

"Eh, valid theory. But I'll stick with the theory of 'those bastards needing a scapegoat that is outside of gang politics and we won the lavatory lottery'."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 04, 2020, 03:30:33 pm »

"Dark magic? Yeah, this is looking more and more like a Runner scam."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 04, 2020, 08:24:04 pm »

"We'd like to help you get some payback on them..."

"...but we have a duty to get home safe tonight. You know how it is."

"But hey, fuck them up real good, bring some proof by our place, and, ah... you and me can drop the 'up' part."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 05, 2020, 09:34:49 am »

"This man is dealing with some heavy stuff, elf. Save the flirting for after we reached a happy end."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 05, 2020, 04:38:35 pm »

"I don't think the Runners are the mastermind, based on what you've told me. This whole thing is too intricate for them not to have an answer ready about the body. More likely someone else bribed or maybe coerced them to lie to you. Definitely beat them up, but don't stop there, I'd say."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 05, 2020, 04:44:27 pm »

"How so?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 05, 2020, 05:14:22 pm »

"We had a fight with the Asher Street Rogues earlier. Don't worry, we didn't kill anyone. I questioned one of them, and even when I walked him through to realizing the whole thing is fishy, he kept insisting we did it simply because he didn't want to doubt his gang leader. It was plain to see that they had been manipulated into it.

"The way you said the Runners wouldn't explain themselves to you, sounds to me a lot like what happened with us and the Rogues. It's a big logical leap to make, but think about the alternative of them being the ones who framed us: they would go through all this trouble of manipulating and mind-controlling several gangs to come after us, but wouldn't have a lie to tell you when you ask about the body? They would know that you'd want to know about your blood-brother, so they'd have some excuse why you couldn't see it, rather than tell you nothing. A mere minion wouldn't have anything to give you.

"At least, if I were planning a murder and frame-up at this scale, I'd prepare contingencies like that. Them being minions doesn't change the fact that the Runners deserve a kick to the shin, of course."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 05, 2020, 05:44:59 pm »

"I doubt there's much going on here more than gang warfare, is my problem with that statement."
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60