Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 49700 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue
« on: February 18, 2020, 04:23:13 am »

Fire Emblem on Forums: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin
~~Game Theme~~
~~~~RULES~~~~
1. All non-IC stuff is to be posted at the OOC thread. Violators will be whapped thrown to the Boss' mercy.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
Colored normal text for PC speech!
Colored italized text for PC thinking.
*Colored small text or between asterisks for PC whispering*
Normal text for generic descriptive text.
Bolded text for PC actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Players' actions -> GM resolves -> Player's actions -> GM resolves ... until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts Enemy/Ally Phase and new turn map -> Start again
If you need an action resolved before making another ask in the OOC thread.

4. Don't post until your character is properly introduced!

5. Be active if you can! I don't care if you don't want to RP, but try to post your action within a reasonable time. If you have to be warned several times your character may be automoved or put in the away list. If you can't post for personal reasons, try to warn the rest in the OOC thread. Delegating actions to other people is also allowed.
Definitely not ripped off from Solymr's posts, nope.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 06:51:52 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 1: Hard Day's Night
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 04:23:36 am »

Chapter 1: A Hard Day's Night
(12:30 AM)

In the real estate explosion around twenty years ago in Ishim City, a lot of eccentric noblemen paid top dollar to have their mansions in the newly incorporated Agreste District. Mansion after mansion after mansion took up land in northern Agreste, and all sorts of architectural firms snapped up the jobs like hotcakes. Not all of them were particularly amazing; the proper word for most of these firms would be 'hacks' or 'two-bit failed art prospects who flunked out of Drawing 101 and decided to swindle some dumb rich idiot into letting them design their new house'. Indeed, most of the resulting buildings could charitably be considered an eyesore on the city skyline. Most of them, predictably, were sold off for cheap to whoever would take them; even the stupidest of the stupid wanted nothing to do with that mess.

Valiere House, of course, is not one of those cheap heaps of concrete, brick and sweet, sweet Midgardian rhea. One of the old mansions from the time when Agreste was a town of its own, Valiere House sticks out by actually looking like an actual mansion actual people might want to live in, looking like the kind of place you'd expect that kindly old gentleman who gives money to both kids selling matches and pregnant women to look like. Indeed, grand old Georges de Valiere was exactly that kind of gentleman, back when he lived up in Agreste. Of course, he got a little old for Ishim's glitziness, and decided to move out to the sunny beaches of northern Penultia. Being a shrewd old man, he kept his place back in Ishim, and rented the place out for parties and occasions. In theory, if you had the money, you could, for a night, live out in one of the finest mansions of Ishim.

The first thing you experience, waking up, is that pounding headache associated with drinking far, far too much alcohol. The room around you is a blur of red velvet couches, strewn-about cans of unidentifiable drinks, tables of abandoned plates with scarcely any leftovers and clothes of all sorts left abandoned on the burnished marble floor. Not exactly the lap of luxury at this point, but you're sure there was a crazy party.

Which is funny, because the first thing you remember is that there weren't supposed to be alcoholic drinks at this party. It was the only reason the Boss let Nico even come out here to begin with; they made Nico check, once, twice and even thrice. That's why you're here; to make sure the Boss' sister doesn't get into too much trouble. Don't get it wrong, Nico was easily capable of handling herself in a fight; after all, she'd been up right at the front lines in Penultia, she'd run her fair share of missions with the Warriors- the Aviane Job dealing with that crazy bastard lich was one of the biggest ones she'd helped run- and she was retiring to become a cop; not exactly some easy plush job in the biggest city in Generia. The Boss, however, was really protective of their younger sibling; they'd insisted on getting only the best Warriors to protect their dear little Nico. So, on you went.

Which leads you to the realisation that the last four hours of your memory are a blank. You don't remember what happened right after getting to Valiere House, you don't remember where your weapons are, you don't remember if the drinks were spiked and worst of all...

...you don't remember where Nico is. And she definitely isn't in this room.

While this doesn't rate as the worst start to the night the Warriors have ever had, it's definitely in their top ten.
//Everyone may post!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 04:31:34 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 04:46:18 am »

One of the first to rise was also the one who had to travel the most distance to stand upright. After all, onis like him are immediately reckognizable by both their facial marking and their sheer size. The irony of them being naturally shy while sporting such outrageously reckognizable traits has not been lost to some of the raunchier bards in Generia.

And with that, Largo Dynlydan makes his first action of the night.

"Oh lordy... Last time I had such a headache, I needed to pass through the crowd of a Kaisei band concert to deliver something..."

To wake himself up, he begins slapping his own cheeks. Just hard enough to make an audible sound loud enough to wake up people with a light sleep.

"Eh... Whatever happened, it could be worse, really. I mean, as long as that flying horse and the other six are sleeping..."
"... Six? Wait. Lemme check. One and a two and a three..."

A few seconds pass while he was counting.

"OH MY DRAGOOOOOOONS! NIIIIICOOOOOO!"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 05:25:09 am by SirAston »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 05:29:30 am »

As soon as the young rainbow cloaked man woke up to the large mans shouts, he realized something was wrong.

For one, he was tipped upside down over a couch, with his cloak over his face. And he was the squarest person in all of Ishim city and had aspirations to challenge the rest of the countries squares in being straight forward, honest, boring, and uptight. He never passed out like this. Not on the job. Which means he had to have been drugged by some unscrupulous rogues. Or more likely, Evie. This generally fit her style of humor.

He heard the dreadful swooping of Cav-Bat-Knok-Bak scored with the mocking laughter of Huehueteotl as he righted himself.

"...Lady Nico?" He said, though in his mind he spoke little Nico. He had never had a younger sister before, but had come to care for her just as if he did. It wasn't the sort of thing he ever expected to be reciprocated though.

A head check showed everyone else was here, and Largo was the only one fully conscious.

"Brother Largo. We've been poisoned. Nico is gone. Is this one of Aoibheanns tricks...?"

He reached for his weapons only to find out they had been stolen. She was really going far this time. Then he noticed she was passed out as well. While he could believe the fairy would gladly poison them all for a laugh...there was no selflessness in her heart that would allow her to poison herself to sell a con. She was also terrified of the boss-Nico was usually off limits.

"...No. This is serious. We should wake the others." He fought down his creeping apprehension. It didn't matter...the pounding in his head, the fear of failure, of loss, of being alone...none of it mattered...

He heard the voice of dogma in his head, old and loved catechisms, the strength of faith.

Mans fate
Written into the twine of his life
The day he was born.
Two threads tied
A knot at both ends
One his birth
One his death
Fear benefits a man nothing.
One can live a life afraid
And you will not live one day longer

"On your feet Warriors! Rouse yourselves! The Gods command us to do battle!" He shouted with a drill sergeants cadence (a tone designed to send pain through a drunken head), then trying to wake his closest friends Lucy and Lastelle. Lastelle was in particular, fairly cute when asleep. Xerxe waved away those annoying and dishonorable thoughts.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:38:07 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 05:41:24 am »

An exclamation which immediately earned the overzealous technicolored turncloak a pillow to the face and, upon its fall, a red-eyed glare from the young feline beastkin who had, until now, been lying facedown on the nearby couch trying to sleep through the agonizing pounding in her brain.  Easier said than done; it felt almost as if her brain had been replaced by a massive dwarven steam-powered mineworks staffed by the entirety of the Trans-Midgardian Gnomish Percussive Orchestra.  Even now, she barely had enough strength to turn her head and fix her gaze upon Xerxe.

"Can you stop?  I have a test tomorrow.  I'm trying to... to..."

Lagata paused, furrowing her brow.  What WAS she doing?  Beneath the nigh-blinding agony, the previous hours were all a blur.  She knew there was some sort of party.  That much was obvious from her surroundings.  Presumably, she'd been trying to ignore it all and get through another of the necessary texts--de Nymphis, probably--when she'd eventually gotten frustrated and someone convinced her to have a drink, insisting it wasn't alcoholic.

If that was the case, whether it was drugged or not--and lightweight that she was, she wasn't sure it mattered--that definitely turned out to be a lie.  And everything during and after was a huge blur to the point of nothingness.  Frankly, she wasn't sure of any of it, beyond the pain.  But before...

Lagata frowned.  Before that, there was something.  She'd definitely had a headache then, too.  So, something she was reluctant to do, with everything going on, but something she was still willing to do.  Something the Boss had ordered.

Ah, right.  She was supposed to be sticking with Nico, tonight.  That was alright, then.  Boss's paranoia aside, Nico didn't always realize when it was necessary to stop bothering with idiots and just light 'em up, and Lagata enjoyed hanging out with her even with the stress of an imminent exam.  So she was more than fine with staying around and keeping Nico safe.  Except...

...Except...

Lagata bolted upright, and had to keep herself from throwing up in the process.  After a moment of staring around wildly, she staggered to her feet.

"Largo?  Xerxe?  Where the HECK did you put Nico?"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 05:49:01 am by Lucus Casius »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 06:43:14 am »

One of the few remaining sleepers slowly sat up at the commotion. He didn't know what was going on entirely, partly because of the hangover starting to take over his head already. The existence of said hangover probably would tip off one of the smarter guards, but Tomo, or Knuckles if you were going by his self imposed nickname, was not one of the smarter guards. The feminine man looked around himself before grabbing a cup made of some green and probably enchanted metal, looked at the contents in the way one would look at some foreign delicacy before silently downing the drink. With a satisfied sigh he finally speaks.
"What a party. I think I blacked out at some point in there..."

This is around where Tomo puts down his cup and looks around good and hard at the room for the first time. He sighs as he tucks his cup away on his belt before getting up with a slight wobble.

"Ah. That's what the yelling was about."

The man slaps himself on the cheeks a few times before jumping in place as he psyches himself up. With that done, Tomo finally opens his eyes, ready to rise and grind as some would say.

"So, who do we gotta kill?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 08:30:02 am »

It was not hard to guess who among the seven might have left their clothes all over the floor, and it normally wouldn't have been a priority to get them back except there seemed to be an emergency and people yelling so Lucy got dressed quickly despite the pounding headache before responding.

"Normally when I wake up with this kind of headache and seven other people I'm not the only one na... Six people?"

She decided to let that drop as she looked around and noticed a pointed lack of a pink-haired imouto. This didn't seem the situation for joking around.

"Do you think maybe she's in another room? She might've had the sense to find a bed."

Doubtful, but Lucidan was an optimist, and as far as she knew only the Warriors got blackout drunk regularly enough that they would just pass out wherever they felt like it.

"Who smuggled in the beers, anyway? It wasn't me. I can't hide anything in this outfit."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 01:35:18 pm »

Lastelle, who had been using Bowler's wing as a pillow, hated the noise and the commotion. However, she also hated the feather in her mouth, so she couldn't continue pretending to sleep.

"P-TOOIE! Alright, alright, I'm awake. What's going on?"

She took a moment to register what the others had said.

"Nico's missing?"

"This is going to be one of those nights, isn't it?"

"Well, fine. Let's go find her. But please, stop shouting. Panicking never helps."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 11:17:18 pm »

The last of them to awake was, actually, the four-foot fairy who had initially been suspected by at least one person of causing the whole mess. One eye blinked open groggily, and then the other, and then they swiveled around to thee slow account of the room despite the incredible headache pounding behind them. The eyes took in a few things:

There were drinks and plates and clothes everywhere.

There weren't supposed to be alcoholic drinks here.

And also, Nico was missing.

Closing her eyes for a moment and then nodding as she understood her situation, the fairy --one Aoibheann Ó Deoráin, called Evie by almost everybody except for Xerxes on account of the name's profoundly confusing Bastapan spelling-- actually broke out into a bright grin, laced with her typical smug demeanor even though this time she was the one on the receiving end of hijinks.

:"Oh, man."
:"This is a good one. I definitely have to give props to whoever put this all together, because hoddamn. They even got me!"

Evie laughed, a light tinkling laugh that fit her personality very, very little.
:"Ahhhh, wow. This is really thorough, too. We're gonna have to find Nico before the Boss, uh, kills all of us, huh?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 02:19:09 am »

"Who smuggled in the beers, anyway? It wasn't me. I can't hide anything in this outfit."

"I think it was more than beer. It's difficult to knock out an entire room of people in place all at once..."

An exclamation which immediately earned the overzealous technicolored turncloak a pillow to the face and, upon its fall, a red-eyed glare from the young feline beastkin who had, until now, been lying facedown on the nearby couch trying to sleep through the agonizing pounding in her brain.

Xerxe took the pillow with a martyrs air. He didn't trust that dodging in his current state wouldn't send him tumbling to the ground.

"She's somewhere, but not here. I suspect we were all drugged and she was absconded with by blackguards most foul."

"Well, fine. Let's go find her. But please, stop shouting. Panicking never helps."

"...But where to start? A thorough search of the mansion for clues...we must begin quickly. There is little time for debate."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 03:29:22 am »

"You're right, L. Stay cool, stay cool... Breathe..."

Largo began to calm down just enough to allow his logical thinking to coexist with his headache.

"Suggestion, we split up in three teams and search within the mansion for Nico. Knuckles with me, Gata with L, the rest in a team of three. Should cover the most ground quickly."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 03:59:11 am »

Tomo shrugs as he heads for the door.
"Sounds good to me. Let's hurry up and go before something happens."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 04:15:27 am »

:"Bahhh, putting me with those two and I can't even mess with them, huh? Ah, well, got to do what I've got to do. I'm gonna go innnnn..." she pointed towards a wing of the mansion more or less at random, "this direction to search! Try to keep up~"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 04:24:27 am »

".....ugh....where is everyone?"
Before Tomomi can get to the door, the door swings open to reveal the missing Boss' sister. Nico doesn't look in great shape herself.
"Is that you guys? Sorry....I'm keeping my eyes closed. Lights still hurt to look at...""

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 05:06:51 am »

Lastelle sighs in relief.

"Thank the dragons you're okay. That was a short mystery. It doesn't explain where the booze came from, but at least it probably wasn't a malicious plot. Guess we just lost control at some point, huh?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60