Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vaguerace | Core | Batrep 2 Out  (Read 1865 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Vaguerace | Core
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 01:17:36 pm »

v a g u e r a c e: Batrep 1.5

Surprise Combat! The side mentioned first has used their Air Phase to initiate a surprise strike. Exciting!

The side mentioned first makes a surprise move! They send their very cool space fighters into the place above the air to claim it. The enemy is surprised! The have no presence in that area. The pilots on the mission are also surprised. Double surprise! The spaceships launch. Their engines are screaming. Their pilots are screaming. They are going to the place above the air. They do not want to go there. They do not want to be so far from all their cool things.

The pilots were stars once. Inorganic dust. Fused and fused again. Uncountable aeons of chance brought them to this point. Unfathomable twists of chance made them organic and alive. Their spaceships are super cool. They are not very good. The pilots are still organic. Some not very good parts of their ships made them not alive any more. They were once dead stars. Now they are dead again with the stars as witness. Great work! Very great surprise! Their orbit is unstable. For some number of rounds ships will fall out of orbit. Most of them will bombard the enemy territory. They will inflict about as much damage as you expect. Some will land in territory of the side mentioned first.

The side mentioned first has gained nominal control over the space above the air. This control will end when the bombardment stops.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Vaguerace | Core | Batrep 1.5 Out
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 06:42:08 pm »

Question: Are people allowed to peek at the other thread? Usually arms race games don't allow that, but its sort of... Vague... In this one.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 06:53:29 pm »

Why ruin the surprise?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 10:36:15 pm »

Question: Are people allowed to peek at the other thread? Usually arms race games don't allow that, but its sort of... Vague... In this one.

I mean, the GM didn't go complete apeshit over me going into the side 2 thread without reading any posts just to say "FUCK YOU SIDE 2 WE'RE COOLER AND YOU'RE NOT HAHAHAHAHAHA", so I guess it won't cause you to get punished that badly.
it's over

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 10:42:21 pm »

That is what the core thread is for.

People going into the other sides thread is just generally shitty behavior, I don't care how joke the game is.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2020, 11:10:07 pm »

Yeah, It's expected to stay in your own threads.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 11:18:47 pm »

specificrace when
it's over

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2020, 07:53:07 pm »

v a g u e r a c e: Batrep 2

The side mentioned first
The side mentioned first had a design. They used it to make many things. They used it to enhance concepts. They used it to enhance people. All their people are some degree of cool. The rulers are super cool. They rule because they are cool. 

The side mentioned first had an air phase. They used it to launch a surprise attack on the side mentioned second. Surprise! All of the attackers died because they attacked space. Their dead bodies are falling out of space and hitting the side mentioned first. Big Surprise!

The side mentioned first revised stuff. They revised stuff to help them not die so fast in space. It is cool. They also made it so that the dead attackers served as tragic backstory for their children. It retroactively made the parents being dead ultra cool. Very good job for tragically dead parents!

The side mentioned second
The side mentioned second did not skip their design phase. They used it to give themselves a payraise. Very unexpected! The designers on the side mentioned second are now super well paid. It is good to be a designer. This had effects on their society.

The side mentioned second used their air phase to encourage citizens to air their grievances at the enemy. Some citizens were concerned about airing their grievances due to the pogrom that literally just happened. The government assured them it was fine. Such reassurance!

The side mentioned second also did a big revision! They build a wall. They revised their borders to be closed. They revised their internet to be closed. They revised their trade to be closed. They are now completely isolated so the enemy does not leech off their strength. Wow! What a revision! Their society changed how you expect as a result.

Overall
Your designs help my self-actualization. I am self-actualized. I did not know I was not actual until I saw your designs. So much revelation!

Battle Phase

The side mentioned first chooses to Battle over Space!

The side mentioned first goes to space!

The enemy isn't in space. Easy victory! The somewhat improved cool space ships are able to keep air on the inside this time. Usually. The pilots are very relieved. Equally usually. Some still scream from time to time. They screams do not end as quickly as they did last time. Good sustain!

Tax collectors are sad. The enemy being uncool to the max means that its difficult to get cool from taking their stuff. No tax collectors go to space. They feel very left out from space.

The enemy does not appear to care that the side mentioned first is in space. They don't take your calls anymore. It is sad. You can't brag about being in space to them. And your people in space are too far away for them to see and be jealous. Except for the dead ones who keep falling out of space. They see those pilots for a little while. Wish upon a star!

The side mentioned first advances strongly on the space front. They now have a tenuous control over space.

The side mentioned second chooses to assault their home territory, everyone who doesn't grievance in their home territory, and the enemy votebox
They split up their forces to attack. This changes their attack power like you think it would.

When attacking their home territory the have a lot of support. The enemy is occasionally here. The enemy falls from space and smashes into the ground at high velocity. Some people die. It isn't effective at preventing the side mentioned second from attacking the side mentioned second's home territory.

Some people are rounded up. These people are examples. They are not designers. Many are fish. They are attacked by the government. Why? Because the government can. The enemy is on the other side of the wall. Nothing you need is on the other side of the wall. All of the enemies you need are right here. Most people are very unhappy to find that the enemy was within them the whole time. It is like a very bad and shitty magic feather! The government then specifically targets the people who don't have grievances. They drag them from their homes. People who do not grievance are stagnant. If you do not grievance then you must not want your government to grow. That makes them the enemy. They give some a reason to grievance. They make it so others don't need to grievance. Some who don't grievance are forced to beat and execute others who don't grievance. Double productivity! Such efficient execution(s)! Everyone is made to grievance! Great work!

The grievance power of the enemy is overwhelming!

Special forces attack the enemy votebox. The split forces attacking the votebox are inferior to the forces defending the enemy votebox.  The enemy votebox defenders are super distracted by the weaponized aired grievances of the side mentioned second. This lets the side mentioned second steal some letters and a number from the enemy votebox.

The side mentioned second has performed another pogrom. They also performed a targeted grievance enhancement campaign. Their ideological purity resource and unity resource have increased like you expect! Their discontent has risen enormously! They also attacked the enemy votebox, stealing some letters and a number!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Vaguerace | Core | Batrep 2 Out
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 10:43:52 am »

The first side has two pages the second mentioned has three pages so I will join the higher number or the least pages which goes as well as expected
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 [2]