Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is your favorite tool/the one you find the most useful in DF Diagnosipack?

DF Duplisearch
- 1 (25%)
DF Creatureclasser
- 2 (50%)
DF CVunpack
- 0 (0%)
DF Creaturescale
- 0 (0%)
DF Biomeviewer
- 1 (25%)
DF Rawminer
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DF Diagnosipack 1.3 (a collection of modding tools)  (Read 27720 times)

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.0 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2021, 11:32:25 pm »

I uploaded the raws, I thought it best to just give it all to avoid any possible complications (lacking materials, missing BPs, etc). The raws should load without a DF errorlog popping up.

DFFD link: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15605

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.1 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2021, 08:36:52 am »

Version 1.1 is up, with improved creature variation handling, which should now be accurate to how the game does it, including support for the conditional "_CTAG" tokens.

Thanks Hetsin, for providing the raws which made this possible. :)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2021, 04:10:38 am »

Version 1.1.1 is up, bugfixes for the improved creature variation handling.

As you can see, I will only use ones and zeroes for all upcoming versions. /s

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 04:49:38 am »

Voliol, you are a wizard! CVunpack is ridiculously amazing and with it's results on my ... elaborate ... RAWs, to my mind, provides significant evidence as to the issues I'm having. Also cuts my load time to arena from ~30s to ~12s. I really appreciate all the work you've done on these tools, especially given the timeframe.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.1.1 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2021, 06:27:11 am »

Thanks for your kind words, Hetsin. :)

If you want to cut time even further, it is possible to run all of the tools on their own, bypassing the Diagnosipack gui. Download the Python version, and run any of the tool-name .py scripts. They can be run from anywhere (detached from diagnosipack) as long as diagnosipack_base.py is in the same folder and you have Python 3.8 installed. Also, their settings (when running separately), most notably the input folder, are set at the bottom of the file. Change them using IDLE or any text editor really.

Edit: Hmm, on further thought it might not be any timesave, as you don’t have to open up Diagnosipack anew each time you run a tool. Well, it’s a possibility either way.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.1.2 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2021, 06:43:42 pm »

Version 1.1.2 is up, as it turned out GO_TO_END went to the end-1 instead of the actual end (so I fixed that). I also added an (un)license - DF Diagnosipack is now public domain.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.1.3 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2021, 04:56:58 am »

Version 1.1.3 is up. I had missed one token using creature classes. That has now been remedied.

Also, there's a github repo now: https://github.com/voliol/DF-Diagnosipack

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.1.4 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2021, 02:45:35 pm »

Version 1.1.4 is up. This old devpost hinted at some lesser-known use for CVCT_MASTER. DF Diagnosipack can now handle that use.

(CVCT_MASTER can target arguments in addition to the token name, and it does so by checking the first arguments. So [BODY:HUMANOID_SIMPLE:3_EYES] would be targeted by CVCT_MASTER:HUMANOID_SIMPLE, but not by CVCT_MASTER:3_EYES. However, it does check for whole arguments, not for a string (unlike CVCT_TARGET), so CVCT_MASTER:HUMANOID would not target the former.)

Thanks Mr_Crabman, for directing me to that devpost. :)

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 09:30:58 am »

Bump! I am using Diagnosipack CLASSER to do some work with creature classes and SYN_IMMUNE. As a modpack author, I can't stress enough how valuable this tool is.

There's also a lot i can do with DUPLI, too.

Thank you Voli!

Question/Request: Evaluating based on the things the program already does... one thing that would be extremely useful for keeping track of biome populaces would be a tool that exports lists of the ~30 biomes and all creatures that can spawn in them, Normal, Savage, Evil, and Good. This would let me review at a glance and make sure everybody is set to spawn roughly where I intended. Also useful for mod players who want to look at, say, Zm5's Lands of Duality or a total conversion like Aeromore and just understand what's going on there.
Is that something you'd find worthwhile to work on?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 02:12:13 pm by kiiranaux »
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2021, 02:53:09 pm »

I’m happy to hear the tools have reached their intended audience of modpack authors. May I ask how you found them, for the intel? :)

I did once attempt to make a biome-viewing tool, before the rewriting/core-making that became Diagnosipack. The resulting biome-viewer was pretty hacky so it never went up on the forum. For one, there isn’t just ~30 biomes, there are about ~180 once you count the evil/good and savage variations. There’s also the issue of frequency numbers combined with in-game regions not always having populations of all species defined for a biome. A proper implementation would need both a nifty gui and some research.
Making it anew is on my things-I-wish-to-do list though, and has been for a while. There are some other things that currently have precedence there, but I’ll bump it up by a step now that I know there is a demand for it.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 03:58:21 pm »

I was looking for tools that help modders with inter-mod compatibility, or even just seeing what you're looking at when you open a new mod with lots of creatures, reactions, creature classes, and so on... and I saw that Diagnosipack offered a lot of what I was looking for already!

I don't use DFHack in my playing or modding, and have now moved away from Lazy Newb Pack too, so tools like this that run independently of everything are very useful.

Regarding the biomes, it's true that there are actually 30*9 = about 270 biomes, but remember that the tags [GOOD]and [EVIL] are not only exclusive with each other but also with [SAVAGE]. This is not well known! (I can't recall which is dominant). That means, from a practical perspective, when it comes to generating creatures, only 120 biomes count - the mundane version, the good, the evil, and the savage. So your list could offer 30 blocks of 4, with all creatures that have at minimum a frequency for that biome.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 04:01:35 pm by kiiranaux »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2021, 02:03:23 am »

GOOD/EVIL/SAVAGE are mutually exclusive on creatures, but joyous wilds and terrifying regions take both good/evil creatures and savage ones. The low-savagery just have fewer predators (?) so they can be ignored for now. There are 48 base biomes of this kind, all except the underground ones. SUBTERRANEAN_WATER and SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM instead have 3 depths as functional biome variants, by using UNDERGROUND_DEPTH. UNDERGROUND_LAVA (the magma sea) has no variants. Finally, the HFS can be considered a biome, only available by using UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:x:5.

In total 48*6 + 2*3 + 1 + 1 = 296 different biomes, counting all variants which can have their own pool of creatures to draw from.

I’m sorry for possibly being pedantic, I got into the numbers and couldn’t stop myself. :/

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2021, 10:33:29 pm »

joyous wilds and terrifying regions take both good/evil creatures and savage ones

Did not realize this but in retrospect it makes perfect sense. Uff - seems it would be a big project. Thanks for the numbers!
In the meantime, I'll keep mapping it out with pen and paper and .txt file, haha

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.2 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2021, 05:35:58 pm »

Version 1.2 is up, introducing a new tool: DF Biomeviewer. A proper description is due tomorrow some time.

DF Biomeviewer allows you to view what creatures/vermin/plants can appear in each of the nearly 300 biomes (counting GOOD/EVIL/SAVAGE alignment, and cavern layers). With two viewmodes and the ability to print out the tables using Mediawiki formatting, it should be useful to both modders and mod users. Admittedly a bit laggy.
Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3