Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is your favorite tool/the one you find the most useful in DF Diagnosipack?

DF Duplisearch
- 1 (25%)
DF Creatureclasser
- 2 (50%)
DF CVunpack
- 0 (0%)
DF Creaturescale
- 0 (0%)
DF Biomeviewer
- 1 (25%)
DF Rawminer
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DF Diagnosipack 1.3 (a collection of modding tools)  (Read 27485 times)

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.2 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2021, 01:25:18 pm »

I am downloading and checking out biomeviewer now! Very excited for this tool. Should be great for modders and players alike.

Edit: I LOVE IT. SO USEFUL.
I particularly like the way you coded the two function sets, multiple vs single.
In multiple, I can easily compare the frequencies for different creatures and see if anything is too low.
In single, my favorite feature is the fact that all the unaligned creatures are listed first, so if I then click GOOD or EVIL or SAVAGE, the additions to the list of creatures are added below the last unaligned creature for that biome. This makes it really easy to see additions.

I'm already using this to browse my own work and have found some changes I would have otherwise missed. Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:15:16 pm by kiiranaux »
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.2.1 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2021, 03:06:24 am »

Version 1.2.1 is up, the "big" thing being a horizontal scrollbar in Biomeviewer (and also a column for UBIQUITOUS).

(I wrestled a lot with getting the initial vertical scroll to work, but it turns out adding a horizontal one to that was near trivial. Thanks goes to the person on stackoverflow (?) I borrowed the code from.)

Also, I should put this explanation of "niche" here: "Niches" in Biomeviewer are the categories of creature (i.e. species using '"LARGE_ROAMING"), vermin, shrub, tree, and grass. Species that fit none of these categories will be marked as having no niche. This can indicate an error in the raws, but also that the species is e.g. a megabeast, a civilized creature, or otherwise is not supposed to appear naturally in any biome.

TheGoomba98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2021, 12:19:07 pm »

Why is it that, whenever I try to run any of the tools in this thing, I always get this error?
Code: [Select]
Error using DF Biomeviewer 2021-11-17 12:08 :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "df_diagnosipack.py", line 207, in biomeviewer_button_command
  File "df_biomeviewer.py", line 724, in biomeviewer_main
  File "df_biomeviewer.py", line 267, in get_populated_biomes_from_raws
  File "df_diagnosipack_base.py", line 1279, in read_and_load_all_raw_files
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'C:\\Users\\(my name here)\\Desktop\\sprites n stuff\\Dwarf Fortress tools\\DF_Diagnosipack_exe_1.2.1/raw/objects'
It's really weird, because I do properly specify the path with forward slashes, yet the program interprets all but two of them as double backslashes. I even tried surrounding the paths with quotes and it gave me the same error.

EDIT: Never mind, I had to click the "Update settings" button before I was able to run the tools. Still, it's weird that the tools don't read from what you put in the boxes but rather what's in the options file.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 12:57:54 pm by TheGoomba98 »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2021, 09:58:46 am »

I agree that’s weird. I don’t know when I’ll be able to implement it, but a better way to handle settings is on the checklist.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: DF Diagnosipack 1.3 (a collection of modding tools)
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2022, 01:06:58 pm »

Version 1.3 is up. The settings work in a sensible way now, and also the "new" tool DF Rawminer was added.

"new" is in quotation marks because Rawminer is technically something I made in 2020, before even the first version of Diagnosipack, and the functionality of extracting procedurally generated raws from save files isn't too original either. Still, having its kind in there should make it more available, and easier to use/remix with the rest of the tools.
Pages: 1 2 [3]