Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: When stars are right  (Read 3213 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: When stars are right
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 07:46:08 pm »

Flim's eyes bug out as he freezes upon seeing the scene before him.
Then, with a truly admirable sense of self-preservation, he backs right out of the door with a surprising amount of grace.

Back outta there real quick. Consider if I have a gun on my person.       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 03:13:00 am »

I've made my god happy without even trying, quick look for any books related to my god and grab them!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 04:08:01 pm »

Turn 2 Monster in darkness

Awl
Favour spent - roll 3 dice and pick highest 3 3 5  = 5

As you get close to police station and start loudly chanting name of your god, disgusting jet black shoggoth climbs out of sewers and breaks into police department smashing all on its way , you hear screams and gunshots, random destruction pleased your patron.
Favour = 0+1
sanity = 9 ( witnessing eldritch abomination )

Flim ( 5)

You manage to back off without attracting attention of mobsters, and you seem to have your trusty m 1911 in holster

Joe (5)

You take ancient rock covered in strange hieroglyphs from its shelf and cover it with glitter, you feel something watch you : divine  favour +1

Gertrude (6)

You go around asking locals and subtly observing conversations in cafes, people seem to talk about  sightings of fish people and mysterious dissapearings of children in neighbouring small town close to ocean shore. Also there are rumours of theatre trouppe playing king in yellow theatrical play, which makes people go insane.
Aswell, you meet in cafe your childhood friend, who rose in ranks of FBI quite a bit.
Contacts +1 FBI

Bubba (3)
You grab some random esoteric books, though you are not sure they are about your god.
Though god is pleased with dedication ( +1 favour)

I would really appreciate players putting their ingame names and favour, hp, sanity , contacts in posts with actions

Also thats damn lot of 5 rolls

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 09:38:39 pm »

Search police station for debris and remains of ritual significance.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 10:38:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go to the small town near the ocean and investigate the fish people and attempt to find the missing children

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 12:47:53 am »

Name : Joe
Backstory: Joe is a cultist who wants money. So, trying to summon an elder god so he can get money seems to be a good idea at the time.
hp : 10
sanity : 10
Cultist
Favour of the god = 1
Deity name Zaogruh
Start dancing for my god.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 06:31:45 am »

Leave the library the way I got in, then look through the books and see how I can bring my god into this plane of existence so he can do what ever it is that elder gods do.

Name: Bubba
Backstory: Crazy homeless man that lives in a box.
HP: 10
Sanity: 10
Cultist
Favor: 2
Deity name: Burguly
Inventory:
 Some random esoteric books
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 07:22:49 pm »

Flim "Slim" McGoloch fingers the grip of his handgun for a moment, then grimaces and thinks better of it.

You know what? I'm not going back in there. Instead, let's run off in search of the nearest place with a phone.
Pick up, wait for the operator and then demand police attendance at the bakery.   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2020, 05:16:16 pm »

Turn 3 Gunshots and sirens

Awl (2)

You walk the hallways of police station, many lights are flickering and there are really many gunshot sounds.
All policemen corpses are halfmelted by shoggoth acidic body and are not something selfrespecting god would accept as offer.
You  dont find any debris of ritual significance on the first floor, ladder leading to second floor is barricaded
Someone screams from another side :
BACK OFF, CIVILIAN

Many sirens can be heard in the distance.

Gertrude (6)

You manage to hitch a ride on a truck going to this small fishing town called Arkhem.
Your intuition leads you to abandoned church with quite disturbing signs engraved on it ,  as you investigate it, you hear children weeping from behind door leading  to altar room . Some strange animal wet growl can be heard aswell.

Joe (2)

As you start dancing for your god you slip on banana peel and feel absolutely embarrased.

Bubba (6)

You leave library and get into the safety of your cardboard box home, one book turns out to be Cultes de Burguly perfectly translated to modern english,

And when stars are right true believer of Burguly clad in robe of flayed skin and his  6 followers shall gather on top of pyramid and sacrifice three times three sentient beings by glittering blades of gold, this way the Burguly comes to world 
You feel energized in strange way +1divine  favour

Flim Slim (4)

You decide not to seek trouble with mobsters personally and get to phone booth.

Operator is quick to respond and three patrol cars are  on the way, as you hear distant  sirens, armed  mobsters run out of bakery, one screams  TONY, I TOLD YOU, THAT SOME BASTARD FROM SOPRANOS GONNA SNITCH US and curses in italian

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 10:59:27 pm »

Call my FBI contact and tell him what’s going on and where I’m at, then Slowly open the door and enter as quietly as possible. If the children are restrained, break the restraints and get them out, if they are not restrained, lead them out. If the growling creature notices us, focus on getting as many out as possible while getting out myself too
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 08:46:43 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2020, 05:40:49 am »

Go around the homeless camp and see if any other hobos want to join me in summoning an elder god, and see if the book has a specific pyramid in mind or if any pyramid will do.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 02:29:45 pm »

Oof just two turns submitted turn 4

Awl random action as no turn (4)

You head out of the building, you are met by emergency medical service, firefighters and lots of cops

Gertrude 1 6 6 ( three dice because favour is spent )

You go to the phone booth and contact your childhood friend, he sends his agents to the church.
You then proceed on your own :
you subtly pick the lock, slip in without waking up sleeping fishman and release children by cutting their ropes with swiss knife, you all manage to leave without waking up shambling monstrosity.
As you leave church you can see three black cars moving in church direction.

Bubba ( 3)
You attempt to spread word of your god
Ok, ok, its cool to preach about god and divine, but why would we bother? Its not like you can provide us food or shelter
They dont seem impressed so far .

Book mentions, that specific pyramid is supposed to be located between Atlantis and city of Rlyeh.
Joe (5)( random action)

You repeat your ritual dance and recieve divine  favour (+1)

Flim Slim (2) (random action)

As you wait in telephone booth firefight erupts between arriving cops and mobsters, and your location is between their lines of fire.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2020, 03:38:23 pm »

((the first roll was a 1, where is the critical fail? Where are the gone horribly rights for the 6s?))

Might be the FBI, might be whoever runs this place, I’d better figure out who these are before I proceed
quietly exit building and observe the cars and the people who get out of them
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 07:34:35 am by Naturegirl1999 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2020, 03:23:16 am »

Get some chalk and draw star and try to summon my god, try not to summon satan

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2020, 05:44:00 am »

Tell the hobos that my god will provide food and shelter when he is summoned, then spend one favor to ask my god to let us use a different pyramid to summon it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3