Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invisible giant cave spider killed me  (Read 1898 times)

mountainmover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Invisible giant cave spider killed me
« on: February 21, 2020, 06:29:57 pm »

Hey everyone. I'm new to adventurer mode (and this forum). I've played fortress mode 3 times before and each time I managed to keep my dwavres going for several years. I decided to sit down and try to figure out adventurer mode. I was exploring the fortress I started off in and went down stairs. I saw some giant cave spider webs and knowing how dangerous one of those arachnids can be, proceeded with caution. I figured if I see it I'll run. However, I was attacked without seeing it and panicked. I tried pressing A to attack in case it was on my tile and nothing happened. Looking all around, I did not see it. I was poisoned and quickly died.
Is this a bug or do I just have no clue how adventurer mode works?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible giant cave spider killed me
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 03:53:13 pm »

Theres currently a frustrating bug with creatures that hide. (sneaking). Which cause them to become unattackable physically. I assume, breath attacks, item throwing, ect. can still hit them tho.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

madpathmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible giant cave spider killed me
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 09:10:18 am »

Also the new "intelligent" undead that can turn invisible.  They are basically impossible to fight unless you get a lucky throw with an edged weapon/item and somehow kill them.