Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Placings civs crash. Modded.  (Read 669 times)

Tiara

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Placings civs crash. Modded.
« on: January 24, 2021, 12:01:16 pm »

Hi,

I recently merged Adventurecraft into my personal merger of mods and though it has a lot of duplicate HUMANOID_JOINTS and NECK errors and still needs most of the BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS changed to BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:NORMAL_STANDARD_MATERIALS, it was working fine until today. And the last time I made a backup was before I added Adventurecraft. I have changed a lot since then and hope I won't have to start over. Today it started crashing placing civs at world_gen. I don't know what causes the crash though I suspect it is in a file edited today (1/24/2021) or yesterday (1/23/2021). I have tried looking through the files but haven't seen anything wrong.

The files I am editing currently are in the mod folders for WorldLanguages_MultiAuthor (adding DWARF, ELF, GOBLIN, and HUMAN endings from language overhaul 0.4 to existing language files); and Lands of Duality - Raws Only & [47.04] Fishing Expanded v1.1 (removing duplicate HUMANOID_JOINTS and NECK & changing BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS to BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:NORMAL_STANDARD_MATERIALS). So I suspect the error is somewhere in those mods' files.

I am playing with PeridexisErrants Starter Pack. I have not yet installed the mods: Primal modular, The Aeramore Expansion Mod [47.04] V5.5, and ZM5's Modpack 2.9.0 - Lite. So the error can't be in one of those.

I zipped the folder, but can't figure out how to attach it here.

EDIT: Is there a way to easily find out if there are missing brackets? I am using Notepad++. I suspect it may be a missing bracket since I managed to start a fort and the grass was all flashing different colors/symbols and when I looked at it it was flashing different names for the grass/ground too. I also have it narrowed down to WorldLanguages_MultiAuthor as the problem mod.

EDIT: Nevermind, I am as lost as ever.

EDIT: The grass thing seems to be because I accidently restored all the files from the trash. I found a duplicate ARABIC_ELF translation in the WorldLanguages mod, but no other problems. And I removed all the CHAT_WORTHYs from my dark fortress civs. Still crashes during world gem most of the time.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 08:17:21 pm by Tiara »

Tiara

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Placings civs crash. Modded.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 02:40:05 am »

Fixed it. Apparently I can't have nobles in dark fortress civ sites, so I removed the nobles and made the dark fortress civs not SITE_CONTROLLABLE.