Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Priests, Lords, and Propaganda  (Read 647 times)

J4SNT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Priests, Lords, and Propaganda
« on: February 22, 2020, 06:49:21 am »

Priests should seek to avoid persecution at sites by cozying up to lords by preaching the site holder's values, speaking highly of them, and poorly of their enemies.

Opposing lords should seek to convince/coerce/force priests in the claimed site (Or a rival religious group that wants in the site, convinced by promising to persecute the current religious group) to preach the claimant's values, speak highly of the claimant, and speak poorly of the site holder.

This would serve to make insurrections more interesting and less predictable, as well as providing an opportunity for the player to affect the political situations of civilizations on a far grander scale than currently possible. Not to mention this would connect two fairly separate systems in what I think could be a very interesting way.

And while I'm demonstrably a moron, I feel like most of the pieces of this puzzle are already in place, and it wouldn't be entirely too difficult to implement this.

But again, demonstrably a moron.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Priests, Lords, and Propaganda
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 08:58:33 am »

While a good idea, I think priests have to be somewhat more careful than in the real world regarding the virtues they preach, due to the fact that their real lord is likely to curse them to roam the world as a weregopher if they feel the message is going in the wrong direction.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Priests, Lords, and Propaganda
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 07:58:01 pm »

Valid Point for worlds where the gods are Achtung agents.