Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 24637 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2020, 10:57:33 am »

Elana looks at the positions of the shadows in the room.

"Now is an auspicious hour for action. I advise we do not tarry. Send for victuals from the kitchen by all means, but let us make haste."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2020, 10:58:49 am »

@Baruk:

"Those involved in the ritual that shall bring you back are well-versed in combat magic."

"And, alongside me and my colleague, a part of the Royal Guard shall also await your return. If something, or someone, traverses with you, we will be ready."

"The more I listen, the less I'm inclined to go. But, I will do what must be done." The Prince put on the bracelet and hid the mirror inside his coat. "The sooner we go, the sooner we come back. Have someone from the kitchens bring us some food and a sip of drink before we go." The Royal Priest bowed and then dismissed the two Shari-Valian mages to do the errand.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2020, 11:11:26 am »

"Very well then."

Gaspar produces a relatively small magical tome from an inner pocket of his coat and steps into the ten-foot radius of the bracelet's magic.

"Best we be ready for immediate combat, as we are going in blind. And I suppose if we run out supplies, we can simply return for more."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2020, 11:16:39 am »

Alexis was quiet during the discussion of the magic and traveling to other worlds. This wouldn't be conducive to her ends at all, but she couldn't deny being a bit excited. Not many people could claim to be of another world. It also posed some interesting questions about the Cult, as had already been mentioned. . . and speaking of, there was another thing that needed to be addressed.
"To continue the earlier conversation, yes, Baruk, something did happen. I can tell you more about it later." I'm sorry for not even saying goodbye. "It's good to see you're still well, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2020, 04:10:23 pm »

"I can't help looking forward to the possibilities as well," Irina says with a nod to both Kostya and Cal. "What kind of worlds there are, what kind of people live there, and how the Twelve Orbs would have reached them in the first place."  She steps forward as well, one hand on her own tome.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2020, 05:44:44 pm »

"Ah, an aficionada of the arcane arts, Miss Irina? A worthy pursuit. I must admit I am very curious about the magics of these other worlds and how they might interact with ours. Even though this venture will hopefully only be an 'in-and-out bag-and-tag', as they sometimes call them, the opportunities for future research are immeasurable."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2020, 06:12:37 pm »

"Another student of the scholarly arts?"  Irina seems amused.  "While my areas of research were closer to the ancient cataclysms and the Twelve Orbs themselves, that is another good question."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2020, 06:38:32 pm »

"Indeed, miss. How our artifacts ended up in their worlds will be an interesting question to consider."

"Truth told I'm happy there's so many fellow scholars. Soldiers are well and good but they might serve the wrong impression; this is a mission of discovery, not of conquest."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2020, 05:01:33 am »

Had things not taken a rather sudden turn, Giuseppina would likely have had more comments, or at least visible reactions to her name -- despite the fact that the Prince seemed little interested in her leviathan of a name, the fact that he was at least bothering to say her first name fully buoyed her a little. On the flip-side, Elana using a nickname caused a quiet little flash of irritation in Giuseppina; honestly, she hated nicknames, but she usually wasn't confident enough to say so unless asked, meaning that most people around her used them -- especially someone like Elana who she'd naturally seen a few times during voyages but who hadn't exactly learned Giuseppina's personality inside and out.

Of course, things DID take a sudden turn, and as the conversation went on she grew paler and paler and her eyes widened more and more. Other worlds (WHY WAS THIS A BIG DEAL TO NOBODY ELSE), established counter to the religion of the Creator, magical world-traveling bracelets and rituals and-- well-- this was all quite a bit to take in, especially for somebody as jumpy and superstitious as was Giuseppina. The end result of this was that Giuseppina was dead silent, looking kind of like she'd seen a ghost, her whole cosmological viewpoint being upended, and she sort of just stood, trembling lightly and clutching some of her jewelry.

:". . ."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2020, 12:39:06 pm »

The Shari-Valians returned with a pitcher of wine, a set of mugs, and a platter of still warm, unleavened bread slices.

"Ah, a drink before the journey!"

"Blessings for you all, o brave saviors of Zorestria!" The Royal Priest and the Grand Alchemist were first to indulge in the wine.

Aliberti decided against the meal, and kept brooding mildly about the whole cosmological exposition that took place a while ago.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2020, 12:42:49 pm »

Callimachus poured himself a mug and raised it in a toast to the group's health.

"Ante, stin hygeia mas!"

Then he finished it with a long drink and took a piece of bread. He wasn't overly hungry, but breaking bread was a gesture of camaraderie before undertaking such an unusual expedition.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2020, 12:51:23 pm »

Gaspar pours a mug and raises it in toast as well.

"Nazdrave!"

He drinks, but only a mouthful. It wouldn't do to not be in one's full faculties when first seeing alien lands. The bread he eats with much less celebration, more to maintain the mask of coolness than to feed a hunger, as the anticipation of getting to visit another world is truly exhilarating.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2020, 12:52:11 pm »

Maria

At the Alchemist's clarification that they needed to keep this entire ordeal a secret, and that they were no longer permitted to leave the Palace by any means, Maria just barely kept her frustration in check. They were implying that she wasn't capable of keeping a secret? That was a part of her job, for crying out loud. She was right, those two were getting senile in their old age, and she was beginning to get tired of them seeming to actively work against her when it came to ensuring the Prince's safety.

"Fine, fine" was all she said, annoyance clear in her voice as she unslung a bow from her back, strangely unnoticeable on her uniform until she brought it out, along with a roll string, and began to prepare herself for possible combat. The scholars, along with Gaspar (unsurprisingly) were far too casual for something of this magnitude, but Gaspar was right in that they needed to be ready to fight at a moment's notice. She did take a few slices of bread though, not for herself, but just in case they were away for longer than expected.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2020, 12:58:26 pm »

: Likewise. We could catch up after this endeavor if all goes well.

Baruk politely refuses the drink but grabs a piece of bread to eat.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2020, 01:16:15 pm »

There was drinking (not so much) and a snack (of the bland kind), before Prince interrupted it.

"Let's go already." The Royal Priest hastily wiped his beard and then pulled out a scroll.

"Ah, I forgot! Please, my Prince, the list of Orbs!" Aliberti took the scroll, inspected it before opening it. After he opened it, he began reading out loud:

Spoiler: Gotta get'em all! (click to show/hide)

Aliberti rolled up the scroll and passed it to Callimachus, presumably for safekeeping.

"...right. Anything special about them?"

"O, the ancient texts speak little. They're about a man's head in size, and they are made of amber-like stone, translucent or transparent to a degree. Each is marked by beads of red suspended in the amber, the amount of beads corresponding of course to the number of the orb..." Prince Aliberti thought only briefly.

"Twelve orange balls with red dots, got it." The Prince turned to his group. "Last chance to back out." The Prince might be lying, for the magicians have already arranged themselves in a circle and began chanting and whispering the magical spell.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39