Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 24606 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #555 on: December 16, 2020, 12:39:46 pm »

Being that she wasn't a mage, Giuseppina missed out on the buildup of magic entirely - and missed, perhaps, the stakes of the whole thing. But that wasn't to say that she didn't notice the more mundane signs of tension. The stakes of the whole thing, the fact that some sort of attack had just befallen this place... andmost concerningly, Alexis reaching for her weapon.

Well, if this had worked out before... Giuseppina went up to Callimachus again.
:"Maybe it would help to explain that the Orb is one of multiple artifacts, which is why we don't specifically need it for the, um, death powers?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 16, 2020, 02:33:38 pm »

"..."

Once Hanwas' attempt to pin all the blame upon them (and get some easy new skeletons in the process) failed and he was sent out, Maria allowed her gaze to follow him, a noticeable smirk on her lips as he left. She wasn't given permission to set up a more permanent 'accident' for the man, but nonetheless seeing him be shut down so effectively was just as rewarding. Merchants like him disgusted her.

Regardless, with that out of the way, Maria remained silent, shifting her gaze to the Sister as she questioned them about what they intended to do with the Orb. Explaining wasn't entirely her job to begin with, but she did glance at the Prince, waiting for him to give his answer.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 16, 2020, 02:42:50 pm »

"It is an important item for our country. One of twelve such items, in fact. They hold power that can help avert a disaster that could potentially destroy our country if nothing is done."

"My brother is right! He has already obtained and brought back one of the orbs, and the 'Orb of Death' as we call it would be the second we've found so far. I will assume it is in the temple's possession, am I right? Please, let us have it. It is for the good of our people." Sister Dusk stared intensely as the magic powers of hers fluctuated and spread around the room.

"And this is all truth?"

"Truest of all truths!" The sorceress remained silent, and her magics continued on before suddenly dissipating.

"You do speak the truth, huh... how strange."

"Were... were you testing us?"

"Some caution is always advisable, especially when it comes to foreigners and strangers."

"Can we have the orb, then?" Sister Dusk thought for a long moment.

"Sadly, no."
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 16, 2020, 03:52:55 pm »

:"Maybe it would help to explain that the Orb is one of multiple artifacts, which is why we don't specifically need it for the, um, death powers?"

Before he could say anything, the royals spoke up with words much along the same lines Giuseppina had suggested, so he just gave her a 'what can you do?' smile and shrug in response.

"So, then... what can we do to earn the orb?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #559 on: December 16, 2020, 04:03:20 pm »

Alexis let her hand drop, relieved that her suspicions had been incorrect for the moment. The tension didn't leave her frame, however; fighting was still not entirely off the table.
"Many people will die if we don't return with all the orbs in time. There has to be some way to work things out."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 19, 2020, 03:55:29 pm »

"Why?"

"I must demand you hand it over!"

"I can't give you the Orb because we no longer possess it." Sister Dusk waved dismissively at the door behind the group.

"Oh! It was stolen then?"

"The vault was breached, and yes, several items have been stolen by a young heretic. May she suffer a slow and painful death. And she even used a writ of transportation to abscond after assaulting the few Silent Ones that tried to apprehend her."

"Is... is the thief one of yours then?"

"Not anymore." Aliberti pulled out the mirror and rubbed its surface. The bright light pointed to the left, the shine moderately strong.

"What is this? What is that light??"

"An item to help locate our missing jewels. What's in that direction?" Prince Aliberti pointed in the same direction the light was pointing too, and Sister Dusk gawked at the wall for a brief moment.

"The Palatial District... the Common Grounds... then there's the city wall, and after that, ruins of the Old Norgala. Then the Spyhawk Forest... and the Joyful Waters."

"Any idea where the thief might've gone to?"

"We Sisters live and work and study at the Temple, so excepting few menial tasks and deliveries, we do not leave these walls. Can you find her?"

"Not directly, no. But as long as she holds the orb, we might find her as well." Sister Dusk stared down at her desk, again, deep in thought.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 29, 2020, 06:30:49 pm »

"We require the orb to save our homes. You can't find this 'heretic,' but if she still holds the orb, we can find her with that."  Irina leaned forward slightly.  "You've vouchsafed our motives.  Sister, would you be willing to give the orb to us in exchange for our assistance in dealing with the thief?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 31, 2020, 02:30:40 am »

Finally, Giuseppina apparently felt like she could get away with speaking and NOT meld into a shapeless puddle.
:"Um... what else did she steal? I can't... make this decision, but maybe we could return what else we find on her?"

Giuseppina fell silent for a moment until something finally clicked in her head and her eyes widened instantly.
:"Oh- um- if the orb is an instant death orb- and- uh- if the thief has it- is there anything we can do to not... um... to not instant die?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 31, 2020, 05:06:19 am »

"She also stole the Skull of Narnya, the Second Sister. Some spellbooks for the apprentices. The Orb of Death, of course, and so far that is all we've found missing." Aliberti opened his mouth just when Rosana spoke up.

"If you let us have the Orb, we will gladly return the rest of stolen items to you!"

"So be it." Aliberti furrowed his eyebrows, and then turned with another question.

"What do we do with the thief? I mean, do we bring her back for-"

"She must die. Her body deserves no burial and her soul shall be judged by Mortis herself before being cast into deepest Void."

"That's... that's very harsh!"

"What if she surrenders or will not want to fight? If that happens, we will turn her in to the local authorities."

"Then the authorities will turn her over to us."

"I see. We will punish the thief and recover your stolen items, then. In return, we take the Orb with us." Sister Dusk nodded slowly in agreement.

"Agreed."

"Right." Prince Aliberti turned to the others. "Let's go, everyone." The royal siblings moved out of the Temple and into the 'open' streets of the domed, purple-lit pavilion.

Despite the lenghty talk with Sister Dusk, it didn't look like any time passed in this place. Merchants, patrons, soldiers and commonfolk all mingled together, visiting places and haggling in the open streets.

Princess Rosana approached her brother.

"We're not gonna jump the thief and just kill her, right?"

"I don't know?" Aliberti rubbed the back of his neck. "Hopefully she will give up the Orb willingly."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 05:08:42 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 31, 2020, 05:57:03 am »

Baruk made sure none of the natives were in hearing range before speaking.

: I'd rather not be judge, jury and executioner, but there is certainly something more going on here. The Orb of Death, a venerable skull, and spellbooks? Sounds like a recipe for a cult ritual.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #565 on: December 31, 2020, 08:02:32 am »

"Indeed. I don't like the sound of this. We will see what she says, but given our conflict, it's possible she won't give us a choice in the matter."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 01, 2021, 05:33:02 pm »

"Oh it's most definitely a ritual she's preparing for. Those types of reagents are almost textbook." The necromancer reviewed the notes she had scribbled throughout the discussion. A flash of something approaching a look of distaste graced her otherwise doll-like face as she closed her journal.
"Given what this world's Orb does, and the amount of damage she's already caused, I doubt whatever she's cooking up will be very virtuous. Best we find and stop her quickly- if she comes quietly, great. If she doesn't... so be it"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 02, 2021, 08:40:49 am »

"...Yes."

Gaspar had been very thoughtful ever since since destroying the skeletons, speaking little. This world had a...different view on death. Blasphemous, even. This was a powerful civilization, too, one which would not do to be Zorestria's enemy. So he had withheld judgment, kept his mouth shut and focused on the mission. But now, the mission was much simpler: a single person took the Orb. A person who, if Sister Dusk is to be believed (which is a matter to consider), has no kind plans in mind. And if what Sister Dusk does this temple does is "kind" plans...

"Yes, let's find her. I fear she might-"

"Actually, leave it at that. I fear."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 07, 2021, 11:48:55 am »

The group continued on to the exit, but...

Princess Rosana kept stopping by various displayed wares. Either the dim light was enchanted, or the various shiny trinkets, blades and ornamental figurines of unknown deities were sparkly by nature.

"Rosana?"

"Can't we... buy something?" Prince Aliberti looked a bit angry.

"What? Rosana, we have trinkets at home."

"Trinkets at home-"

"Rosana..."

"We ought to take a souvenir! A memento of our adventure here."

A) "No, Rosana, we don't even have any of the local money!"
B) "Alright, fine! We might barter some of our weapons if needed..."
C) "...Callimachus, do you have a moment?"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:53:51 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 16, 2021, 07:38:24 pm »

"...Callimachus, do you have a moment?" Prince Aliberti took Callimachus to the side.

"When Rosana sets her eyes onto something, she can be both persistent and annoying about it." He paused. "You present yourself as confident and charismatic, so please procure a trinket for my sister. I'm giving you freedom about how to do it."
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39