Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 24411 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #570 on: January 16, 2021, 08:39:49 pm »

"I do?"

"Well, if you say so, your highness. I'll see what I can do."

He was a little concerned about the prince's phrasing; did he expect him to just snatch an item off of a table like a common thief? Well... yes, he had been trained by one, but that was to be put to use for good causes, not petty larceny. And even if he did evade detection long enough for them to find the orb and get out of this world before any repercussions fell on his head, he would still feel guilty about taking money out of someone's pocket. On the other hand, it did seem to be a royal order, and NOT doing it might spell trouble for him in the world he actually had to live in for the rest of his life.

So, what to get? It had to be something small and easy to conceal until such time as he could hand it over, and something the princess would not want to wear/show off immediately like jewelry. Something that would last, so flowers and plants were likely out - and bringing foreign life into their world might be a bad idea a few generations down the line anyway. If the written language was different enough then books were right out too. Therefore, some small art or statuette was the logical conclusion. After some looking throughout the stalls, an item caught his eye: a small lion, carved out of what in their world would be called macassar ebony wood. The eyes were very small green stones, and it looked to him like the fangs were made out of very small fish rib-bones to give them a realistic look.

He didn't let his gaze linger on it; looking directly at one's target was a rookie mistake. Betraying any sort of interest in it would likely stick in observer's minds when it suddenly went missing. Instead, he continued looking around the stalls after clocking it and meandered back and forth, picking up other things to examine them and exchanging small talk with the other stall owners as he slowly made his way closer to the object in question. Once the stall owner was occupied with a different customer, Callimachus stepped over, pocketed it with his left hand, and in the same motion picked up something else with his right. What it was didn't matter; it only mattered that he acted natural and like he had a reason for being there.

After studying the painting he had picked up for a few seconds, he set it back down and looked over a few other items before eventually picking up a small iron charm meant to be hung from a necklace or a bracelet. It was a strange design he had never seen before, somewhat resembling the runes in the old crypts he had explored but definitely something unique to this world.

I wonder if our currency is any good here in the first place. If so, maybe I could get this for Giuseppina with my pocket change.

Actually buying something would assuage some guilt over the situation, but needs must. He decided to open with a question about the charm.

"I've never seen something of this design before; can you tell me what this is?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 21, 2021, 11:18:46 am »

Quote from: Yoink check
Chance: 40%*
Roll: 22, success!

The stand owner, a tiny man with sharpest of noses, was ignorant of the theft, and looked at the charm.

"Ah, this, this is the Sign of Kalm, the Creator, Father of Gods. How come you didn't know? Are you a traveler?" The tiny man squinted.  "You're not one of the Dominion people are you?"
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 21, 2021, 07:43:01 pm »

"I can truthfully tell you I've never heard of the Dominion, but yes, I am a traveler. From very far away."

He studied the emblem of Kalm a little further.

"I don't have any currency from this land, but I can assure you my coins are gold. Would it be possible to buy this?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]