Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 24417 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2020, 01:20:15 pm »

Callimachus nodded and placed the scroll into an inside pocket of his vest, with his journals, writing implements, and trap-disarming / lock-picking tools.

"I'm not the kind of man to refuse a royal invitation, nor the kind of scholar to turn down a chance like this that might never come again."

He checked that his dagger was at his waist - it wasn't the strongest weapon in the world, but he had been trained in knifework and it was sufficient for most encounters as well as other uses.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2020, 01:55:38 pm »

Kostya pours himself a stiff drink rather quickly and takes a massive gulp. Such a large amount of alcohol was, of course, nothing to the mountain of a man.
"Ready or not, friends, we go!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2020, 02:21:48 pm »

Alexis took a small sip of the wine, but focused on the bread, taking a fair amount to nibble at as they traveled.
"This is going to be interesting, if nothing else."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2020, 02:34:41 pm »

The magicians' chanting reached a melodic phase, and then there was a flash of light.

And then everyone collapsed into a big pile - the spell placed them a foot or two above the ground.

And so, Maria fell under Aliberti, and Aliberti with his face strategically placed below Maria's collarbone. Alexis fell flat on the ground, which wouldn't be a problem, except that Kostya landed on top of Alexis. Somehow, Callimachus ended on his feet, only to tumble over Kostya. Irina was alone from the pile, but that wasn't much of an improvement, for she fell with her back into some sort of a puddle.

Aliberti realized where he was, and quickly rose onto his knees, staring at Maria.

"Apologies..."

Everyone was in some sort of cave it seems, lit with a troch held by a greatly confused, white-haired man in slim robes. He was staring at the pile speechlessly - presumably he wasn't used to large group of people falling out of thin air.

"Marsh hacak?" He spoke with an alien accent. "Erem j'uaraҫ?"
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2020, 02:46:40 pm »

Gaspar is quick to stand up and dust himself, before turning towards the alien to greet him with a bow.

"Ah, a local! It might be wishful thinking, but do you speak Zorestrian? Govorish li Abbi, mozhe bi?"

Not that he would expect the locals to share any languages, but in a completely unknown world, anything is possible.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2020, 02:52:55 pm »

"A... A shont orandash. Erem uaraitc?" The man looked about.

"Uh... " Aliberti looked at the bracelet. "Does this thing work?" The bracelet didn't do much but reflect the shine of the troch

"Hab je hiyet onenden hed? Jaur speach ise so slurriang I'r canda orandashan jaur..."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2020, 02:58:10 pm »

"It's working. Sir, please keep talking. What is your name?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2020, 03:21:00 pm »

Maria

"Your Highness, I believe the chance to 'back out' passed by the time you agreed to this" Maria stated, rising to her feet as she tested the string of her bow, making sure it was tight enough for use. Unfortunately, it was at that point where the spell finished, a bright light enveloping her vision before she could react.

Then in the next instant, she fell through the air, the spell seeming to haphazardly position them from where they had been standing moments prior. As it was, Maria didn't have much of a chance to react when she collided with her back on the ground, and was then crushed even further by a body landing on top of her. At the very least her head hadn't been harmed, aside from smacking against cold stone from the initial fall, so the maid was able to get her bearings and notice who was on top of her. The Prince.

... Yeah, she'd probably have to kill one of those old men once she found the chance.

"Think nothing of it, your Highness" Maria said once the Prince had gotten off of her, face expressionless as she waited and pushed herself off the ground, dusting off her own uniform. So they were dropped in a cave, with another scholarly individual as their local connection. It was good that the old men made sure to clarify that they would be relatively near the Orb once they arrived.

Well, Gaspar was currently handling the local, trying to get the bracelet to do its work, so Maria simply continued to scan the cave, making sure there wasn't anything else aside from their little group of book worms and mercenaries.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2020, 03:31:55 pm »

"Or ar you foregneurs? Socoldati, maybe?"

"It works, after all!" The white-haired man rubbed his head in consternation.

"This is extremely tiresome."
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2020, 03:48:40 pm »

Cal had jumped to his feet and had been trying to record what the stranger was saying in his journal, though given it was only sounds it was hard to transcribe accurately. Now he put his journal away - since the magic was working, that avenue of study was lost - and approached the stranger with a hand out in greeting.

"Hello, yes. My name is Callimachus Moralis. What is yours?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2020, 03:53:57 pm »

The mage looked at Callimachus' extended hand.

"Isidore. Isidore Dumt. What are... how, how did you get here? One thing I'm preparing for my task, and then suddenly there's a mound of people in front of me. For best of our mutual interest, I hope you're neither graverobbers nor enemies of the Empire."
SigFlags!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2020, 03:57:35 pm »

Him being disinterested is a bad sign, but I shouldn't reveal too much about us just yet...

"Sorry, sorry, sir. Yes, we are foreigners, and not your enemies. My name is Gaspar. We have a method of translation that required a moment to identify your language. He..."

Gaspar gestures towards Prince Aliberti.

"...is the leader of our group. We are here searching for something that we have lost, as well as to learn about this land. You need not involve yourself, unless you wish to. I would be happy to speak to a local scholar, however, to understand this land better."

He looks like he might be a scholar. Asking for one this way will solve that without revealing that I don't know for sure.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2020, 04:08:23 pm »

"If you were looking for a city with a scholar, then I'm afraid that whatever method of... transportation you're using is extremely faulty. Afen is four days horseback from here." He opened a large, gold-bound tome.

"I'm afraid I don't buy your story. Explain yourselves immediately." Aliberti stepped closer, hands open in a peaceful gesture.

"No, wait, this is all a misunderstanding. We're searching for an item that was taken from..." Aliberti paused for a moment. "Our homeland. This magic we're using was supposed to bring us to its location but we've ended here." Isidore looked at Aliberti, then Gaspar, and Callimachus, and others still bringing themselves up from the ground.

"I still don't believe you. And even if your story was true, I doubt the item you would be seeking was stashed away in the White Tomb, it's been sealed for centuries."
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2020, 04:14:06 pm »

"Oh, are you an archeologist as well?"

It was the only reason for people to hang around sealed tombs, as far as Cal was concerned.

"Can you tell us more about the White Tomb?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2020, 04:17:32 pm »

"Uh... what even is an archeologist? As for the White Tomb, how wouldn't you know? It's one of the many resting places for the deceased members of the Imperial Family. You know what, you're so clueless that I'm willing to accept that you're foreigners."
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39