Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 24699 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2020, 04:23:16 pm »

"True, our transportation method is still under development. We only had a direction, and not an exact distance. We honestly don't know where we are, only that our belonging is somewhere 'nearby', but that could just as well be in the next town over as here. Still, being that our group is mostly of scholars, there is no reason we couldn't start our secondary objective of learning about this land here...unless this is a place we're not allowed to be in?"

Does Isidore have a weapon visible?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2020, 04:24:31 pm »

Elana Farrugia hops to her feet and dusts down her robe. All former calm is lost as she realises the magic has worked. She reaches down to touch the earth and looks about with joy.

"Ahh! I thought the whole other worlds thing might have been some kind of metaphor. This isn't just a vision quest! A joint meditation! Ahh!"

She sees some of the others are attempting serious communication with the stranger.

"Ahem."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2020, 04:26:08 pm »

"Kostya... Please... You're going to crush me to death." Alexis wasn't a frail woman, but Kostya looked like he had bear in his recent ancestry.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2020, 04:26:35 pm »

"An archeologist is a scholar that studies ancient history, usually by investigating old ruins and drawing conclusions about what they were for and how the people lived there - unless it has an obvious purpose, such as a tomb, of course. Then it's usually studying the relics left behind."

Cal was already sketching the surrounding caves and making notes that the White Tomb was the resting place for members of the Imperial Family of... where was here?

"Hmm. What's the name of this country, mister Dumt?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2020, 04:31:07 pm »

Gaspar could feel the magics of light infused in the tome Isidore was holding, but the spell itself was quite alien too.

"Hmph, you're not allowed inside, the entry allowed for members of Imperial Family, plus some others." He then looked at Callimachus in dull surprise.

"Honestly? How do you..." Isidore paused for a moment. "Arvadia. Empire of Arvadia."

"And yours? I don't know any civilized land that haven't heard of our mighty nation."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2020, 04:33:16 pm »

Kostya, for his part, had had worse landings in his time. Still, most of those landings did not involve landing on his fellow crew members. He pulls himself to his feet, flapping the bearskin cape he wore before turning around and offering Alexis a hand of assistance.
"Am sorry, friend. Landing strategy clearly not concern of magicians when they made magic teleportation bracelets."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2020, 04:36:41 pm »

"Ah. Arvadia, yes, thank you."

Cal added that to his notes, and then proceeded to sketch Isidore and write what little he knew about the man. Notes included things such as 'honor guard?' and 'stuffed shirt'. Evidently he was going to leave explanations of who they are to the others.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2020, 04:44:38 pm »

"We call our land Zorestria. It's far past a great sea, so I'd understand if you haven't heard of it either."

Considering the fuss that rose from the idea of other worlds back home...best keep it under wraps.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2020, 04:44:48 pm »

The landing wasn't as calamitous for Baruk as for some of the other members, with fewer persons landing on him. He quickly got to his feet and started helping people up.

: Everyone alright? Maybe I should have asked more before leaving...

Upon noticing the first contact wasn't going so well, Baruk tried to contribute to it.

: Perhaps we should discuss it somewhere less, how do I say it, forbidden for us? It's really not our intention to offend our new hosts as soon as we arrive.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2020, 04:53:10 pm »

Elana helps Giuseppina to her feet. It's clear she feels a sisterly sense of duty for her fellow Tunis aristocrat, though they don't know each other well yet.

"We can thank our lucky stars we made it safe!"

As the others are speaking, Elana has a good look at her surrounds, looking to decipher any markings on the walls and noting any exits.

"I wonder if the bracelet helps us read as well..."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2020, 04:54:06 pm »

"Great sea, huh? I've heard of a great sea in the far west..." Then, there was a great shine emanating from Aliberti - who has handling the mirror. The light was so bright it illuminated the cave well enough to see one of it's ends - blockaded by a polished wall of bricks and heavy metal door in the middle.

"Gah, what's with that light!?" Isidore grumbled as the light diminished and disappeared

"Apologies... another faulty trinket, I'm afraid." Aliberti pocketed the mirror and stepped back, right to Kostya, Baruk, Elana and others.

"The mirror pointed right towards the door."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2020, 05:15:28 pm »

"Either way, this place is very interesting. Are you in charge here, or whom should we ask for permission to look around a little? We would be very interested in learning about your culture. We don't need to hear any secrets or breach any sacred seals, of course; everything around us has something to teach us."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2020, 05:17:59 pm »

"You would have to travel to Afen and send a letter to the capital, or visit the palace itself. That's about a month of travel from here. Faster if you have horses, of course. Either way, if you peacefully withdraw, and leave me to do my job, I would be happy."
SigFlags!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2020, 05:18:57 pm »

Elana takes in the scene and whispers her advice quickly and quietly.

"Though it might offend the native, we need to get into this White Tomb. I advise you declare your intention to do so, to find this one small thing, and if the man tries to stop us, we can bind and gag him until we're done. We don't want him running for aid."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2020, 05:56:55 pm »

Callimachus looked up from his notes.

"That's a good question. What is your job here? Are you a guard, perhaps?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39