Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 24416 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« on: February 22, 2020, 11:50:57 am »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
nothing yet
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 11:59:39 am »

...For the last eight hundred years, the mighty Zorostrian Empire ruled the known world with iron fist.

With the arrival of the New Moon, which is descending toward the world, the Zorostrians frantically tried to recover the Twelve Orbs. Alas, in last fifteen years, not a single one was found.

Today, it was going to change.

~~Prologue: Heralds of the Empire~~

Prince Aliberti was standing near the window, glaring the thunderstorm that was lingering over the capital city. Dark clouds, tinted with crimson and brown hues, were flashing brightly while the lightning coursed inside them, or traveled down to the ground.

The changes in weather were more frequent and more unpredictable than before. Yesterday, it was raining. This morning, the orange sun was shining, partially shadowed by the red sphere of the New Moon. Now, few hours after the zenith, there was a thunderstorm.

There was a knock on the door, but the Prince kept staring outside. A moment later, the knocking was repeated, and the Prince finally turned toward the door.

"You may enter." He watched the door open, and a slight smile appeared on his face.

"Maria, Gaspar. What brings you two here? Have the elders, or the King, finally decided to call for my presence? Do you know anything? Tell me everything you've been told."

//Gaspar Faragó and Maria are now in!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 12:40:15 pm »

Maria

"The Grand Alchemist has requested your presence, your Highness. I presume it is of upmost importance, seeing as how I was told nothing more than that" Maria informed, simply and to the point as she strode into the room to place down a tray of tea on the Prince's desk, a tradition of hers at this time of day that would not be interrupted even by the odd weather and panic of the kingdom. Besides that, the maid merely gave the Prince a small bow once she had delivered the tea and answered his question, waiting to see how he would answer. Even if she already knew how he would respond.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 12:41:57 pm »

"Hmmph. That doesn't tell me much... Gaspar?" The Prince turned to the mage.
SigFlags!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 12:43:04 pm »

Gaspar

"I don't know what news he has either, my Prince, but if I had to guess, it's about the Red Devil. Seems like that's the only thing people talk about these days."

"Of course, I could be wrong and he just wants to have some tea with you, but I'd imagine that wouldn't be so important as to keep me and Miss Maria in the dark."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 01:00:54 pm »

"I see..." The Prince turned toward the window for a brief moment.

"Fine, Grand Alchemist it is. I wished that someone more important would order me around, but if it's that old man, so be it. Come! Let's not make him wait too long." Prince Aliberti marched outside his room in soldier's pace, his quarterstaff, knocking gently against the floor tiles, accompanied by soft clacking of Aliberti's lacquered armor.

To get to the Inner Palace from the Royal Chambers, one had to pass through the open corridors that encircled the Second Courtyard. Which means people were exposed to the weather; the hot, dust-filled wind eagerly attacked the Prince and his two companions, but Aliberti wasn't bothered by such simple sandstorm.

After all, there was ice-storm last week. Now that was a nuisance...

"I think that's Grand Alchemist. And I see Royal Priest Marshan too. And who are these others...?" The Prince's voice went quiet as they have entered the Hall of Pillars; one of many in the Inner Palace. Each Hall had its primary function, but most could be used as simple gathering places if necessary.

The Prince, flanked by his two servants, stopped in front of Aldbaran and Marshan. The two elders bowed deeply, and the latter, with wave of the hand, ordered those eight behind him to do the same.

"May the Creator bless you, Prince Aliberti." The two elders spoke together, and the Prince nodded.

"Likewise. Where is my mother? And where is the King? I heard something important is to begin today, so why are they not here? Why it was you who have called for me?"

"Oh, Prince Aliberti, your Mother, Lady Miriah, is currently in the Grand Court, presiding over the case of the murder of her cousin. As for the King himself, he was heading to the Rose Pavilion the last time I saw him." Prince Aliberti grimaced. Those acquitained with the Court well enough knew what kind of chamber Rose Pavilion was and just how many young ladies can fit in its beds at once.

"I see. They're busy, then. Why was I called here?"

"O, Prince Aliberti, these are the people who shall accompany you on the mission to recover the missing Twelve Orbs!"

"And that's what will begin today, our beloved Prince. The King himself requested that you lead the effort. I hold a sincere belief that with you leading this noble endeavour, it will surely succeed."

"Royal Priest is right! But let these young people introduce themselves. We have hand-picked them from all the available mercenaries and reservist soldiers of good standing, courage and skill-"

"Reservists? Mercenaries? Who am I to be guarded by such a group? Marshan, tell me why haven't my fa- the King sent, for example, half of the Royal Guard with me? Or at least one fifth. Does he think I would carelessly let our soldiers die? No matter, these people will do. I will show him that I can be victorious no matter who is with me." He looked at a cyan-haired duo with certain degree of surprise.

"Callimachus? Elana? I know I can trust you two, but I didn't expect my Father to send you with me..." The Prince turned to the strangers and began to inspect them closely. He didn't say anything when looking over the most of them. He have stopped by the dark-skinned girl, though.

"And a girl from Shari-Val." His tone of voice indicated that he wasn't particularily happy about the choice. But of course, every client state was the same - on paper. He couldn't really do anything about it.

"Well, don't be afraid to say your names. After all, you will be under my command, for a while..."

//Callimachus, Elana, Irina, Baruk, Konstantin, Alexis, Anumita and Giuseppina are in!
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 01:06:58 pm »

"Good to see you, your highness. You already know my name, of course, but for the benefit of the others I am Callimachus Kolya Moralis, the scholar."

The archeologist raised a hand in greeting to the others, then turned it into a proper bow toward the prince.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 01:19:52 pm »

: Your highness, I'm Baruk Katari. I was sent by the Knights Hospitalier to assist with healing and complete my training.

: If I may ask, is there anyone else going to accompany us? The Knights didn't inform me that I would be the only healer here.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 01:28:32 pm »

"Alexis Demitriou." She inclined her head in a gesture that was probably meant to be respectful. It was difficult to muster the feeling when it wasn't offered in return. "I'm glad you're so enthused to work with me." she said, in a perfectly even tone.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 01:31:59 pm »

"And a girl from Shari-Val."
Gaspar speaks to Prince Aliberti in playful tone, stage-whispering such that the elders are sure to hear:

"Now, now, my Prince, this is no time to judge anyone by their homeland. Even if the elders are being stingy and we can't have the Guard, certainly eight helpers are better than seven?"

He then turns to address the colourful band with a humble bow.

"You may call me Gaspar. Mister Gaspar Faragó, if you wish to be formal, but I have a feeling you aren't that sort of folk. I am but a courtier and occasional adviser, but worry not. I can hold my own in a scrap if things come to that."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 01:34:41 pm »

Maria

Though the Prince was more so confused about being guarded by "mercenaries" and "reservists", the expression that suddenly came to Maria's face could only be described as "appalled". At least for a brief moment before it settled back into her normal mood. Why would they be resorting to mercenaries when they still have the royal guard? Creator, this was why she was one of the only capable people in this castle, because she didn't do stuff like this.

But no matter how much she disliked the decision, she couldn't argue or go against it. It was the decision of the Grand Alchemist and the Royal Priest, and the Prince had accepted it, so it was out of the maid's hands now. When she looked over the group, she could at least see several faces whom she could recognize, or at least pick out. After all, the words that reach the royal family inevitably reach her ears as well. And some seemed... More helpful than others, from first glance.

Though Maria said nothing, waiting for the introductions to finish and for the Prince to speak. She still was not on board with this decision, however.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 01:37:51 pm »

The young woman with cyan hair smiles at those assembled. Her voice is mellifluous and she speaks with a Tunis accent.

"I am proud to advise on this most important mission, my Prince." She turns to the others. "My greetings, brave soldiers! I am Elana, the Starseer of House Farrugia. I will be watching the stars as we seek the orbs!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 01:38:34 pm »

Before the Prince had arrived, one of the people awaiting the Prince — a red-haired girl generously bespangled with finery and jewelry — had been remarkably neurotically clearing sand out from the golden chains and gems that she was covered with; she hadn’t appreciated the sandstorm because she’d then worried something fierce about looking her best in front of the prince.

This meant that when the Prince actually entered, she jolted upright, standing ramrod-straight and quivering when the Prince actually looked at her. She hurriedly bowed when he asked for their names.

:”U-um... Your Highness, my name is Giuseppina Abategiovanni” and she just kept on going, not even taking a breath, ”della Chiesa della Terza Parola.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 01:41:28 pm »

@Baruk:

"Unfortunately, our resources are limited at the moment - I believe Miss Demitriou here has some innate healing skills, if what I've heard is correct..."

@Giuseppina:

The Prince stared blankly at Giuseppina for a brief while.

"Sorry... could you repeat your name? I don't think I got it all."
SigFlags!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 01:49:09 pm »

"Callimachus and Alexis, huh? Babushka was right. Destiny really does work mysteriously. Or was it in mysterious ways? Is difficult to get proverbs right sometimes."
A very large, muscular man steps forward, aproaching the group, a massive blue coat with fur lining barely concealing his musculature. An equally massive cape sweeps behind him, clearly made of bear skin, that would in times outside of the presence of the royal family conceal an equally gigantic sword. Trinkets line the left side of his coat, mostly golden jewelry he kept as prizes from his many, many jobs.

He places a meaty fist on his chest as a sign of respect. His Savitan-accented voice is clearly joyous and boisterous in tone.
"Good to see familiar faces in crowd of strangers, no? I am Konstantin Anatolyevich Belinsky, proud salvage expert, sailor and purveyor of antiques from Savita, at your service, your Highness! But please, call me Kostya, is easier to remember. I look forward to working with all of you, friends!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39