Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 24410 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2020, 06:44:25 am »

"Yes, we do have the means of travel... o, here they come." A pair of magicians dressed in Shari-Valian garbs entered the room, carrying pillows. On one pillow, there was silver mirror, and on other, an ornately decorated brass bracelet.

"Through day and night, our enchanters toiled to infuse these items with magic energies. The mirror, once rubbed, will shine a bright light at the edge pointing to the nearest orb. The bracelet, in meanwhile, shall allow the travel between the worlds, allowing you to return."

"Are we to scour the whole of an unknown world for one orb?"

"No, no, we've attuned the the mirror to the magical fabric of the cosmos; as long as you carry the mirror it will put you in near vicinity of the local Orb once you arrive in a different world." The acolytes passed their magical trinkets to the Royal Priest, who then passed them to Prince Aliberti.

"And language? How shall we communicate with peoples of other worlds?"

"The bracelet shall let you and those near you speak the language of the natives, as long as you let the natives speak first so that the bracelet can adjust the words and phrases for the undestanding of your ears..."

"How do we get back?"

"O, that is simpler; a mage of your entourage must tap into the enchantments of the bracelet. It will send a magical pulse to our world, telling our scriers and sorcerors that you wish to return."

"This all sounds dangerous, and risky..."

"The Emperor gave his blessings. All there is to do for you, to agree to lead the search."
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2020, 08:18:58 am »

"Risky indeed, but what gain is there in any endeavor without danger?"

"Other worlds than ours... It's fascinating. Think of what we might see and learn!"

Anthropology was not quite archeology, but Cal was willing to make an exception for such a unique opportunity. Assuming all of this was true, it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. If it was false, well, perhaps it would be an entertaining diversion. Either way he had been asked to be here and he didn't want to disappoint.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2020, 08:35:00 am »

"That is spirit, Cal! Think of opportunities! If nothing else, is profit to be made. And Babushka always looking for more things to put on mantle..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2020, 09:06:59 am »

"Yes, profit, of course. I was thinking primarily of what we could learn: new scientific or magical advancements, agriculture techniques - maybe even bring back seeds and plants... who knows what else we could find in these 'other worlds'."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2020, 09:16:40 am »

: Speaking of bringing back, may I inquire further on this return mechanism?

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2020, 09:23:25 am »

Maria

"I cannot help but feel as though you two are becoming senile in your old age" Maria finally commented, already growing tired of this "other world" talk. As much as it made sense considering the missing orbs, it was still annoying to even consider.

"... Regardless, if his Highness decides to lead this search, I would have no choice but to accept as well, seeing as the Emperor has made the brilliant move of going with this idea. Pray tell, have you prepared any supplies for these travels?"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:08:55 am by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2020, 10:03:41 am »

Elana muses aloud, to no one in particular.

"Some starseers have wondered if the stars themselves were but twinkling reflections of other worlds-- of heavens and hells and all in between, floating in the astral sea. To think, we could test this poetic notion..."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2020, 10:28:32 am »

@Baruk:

"You must deliver enough magical force in one attempt as to activate it, but not strong enough to break the enchantments."

"A punch will do."

@Maria:

"We had enough time only to prepare some medicine... I'm glad you've reminded me, young miss." The Royal Priest handed Maria some bulky bottles.

Maria gets Concoction x3!

@Others:

"We will do it." The Prince spoke finally, to the delight of the elders. "And unless there are objections, we shall leave... move?... immediately."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:32:22 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2020, 10:32:02 am »

: A... punch? What if it happens accidentally, or in the middle of battle?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2020, 10:35:40 am »

@Baruk:

"O, that poses an interesting question... I'm sure we can refine the powers of the bracelet more once you return. Keep the bracelet safe and away from danger until then."
SigFlags!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2020, 10:36:53 am »

"Perhaps not immediately, my Prince. Even the strongest warrior still needs to eat, after all. We don't know if these other worlds have food and drink suitable for us, so taking a detour through the kitchens would be wise."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2020, 10:41:34 am »

Baruk nodded.

: The logistics of this operation are a bit questionable, but I don't think there is anyone with experience with travelling between worlds. The biggest concern is if we need to make an immediate retreat. Is the bracelet specifically attuned to bring us back, or do we need to be all close or touching it?

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2020, 10:42:11 am »

Maria

"That's... Nevermind" the maid muttered, slipping the bulky bottles onto her person, putting aside the elders as she turned back to the Prince,

"I agree with Gaspar, your Highness. Not only that, but we would need to be prepared if we were away from the castle for longer than expected. As helpful as medicine is, I'm sure there's other supplies we can requisition."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2020, 10:51:12 am »

@Baruk:

"It shall transport all those in radius of about ten feet. Please note that our magicians need a moment to detect the magics and prepare the return ritual. Your retreat will not be instantenous..."

@Gaspar&Maria:

"I shall ask the quartermaster about supplies..."

"A word, my Prince... the whole plan hinges on secrecy. We can't have people outside the capital know that the Zorestrian heir is running an errand, not to mention he does so in places that aren't supposed to exist."

"I understand. So no talking about it outside the Palace?"

"And inside, too. Not that you or anyone here is allowed to leave the Palace grounds anymore... the Emperor ordered so."

"..."
SigFlags!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2020, 10:53:43 am »

: I'll keep it in mind. But in that case, will you be ready in case... any danger also returns with us?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39