Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 24413 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #525 on: November 29, 2020, 05:04:38 pm »

"I cannot say I'm pleased, but we did destroy the skeletons."

Irina gives one of the boxes a poke, then a shove, finding it unexpectedly recalcitrant. 

"This promises to be unpleasant."

Wobbling slightly, she eventually manages to get one of the lighter boxes aloft. 

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 29, 2020, 06:34:13 pm »

Watching the rest of the group gather around and begin carrying their respective boxes, Maria merely stood around, once again pinching the bridge between her eyes in frustration at the current predicament, as well as muttering under her breath,

"Wonderful, simply wonderful. Nothing is ever simple, is it? One hour of walking whilst carrying heavy boxes, that's just fine. Perhaps that old crow did curse me with her final breath..."

With that, Maria moved up and bent down to pick up a box herself, letting out a bit of a strained grunt as she found her footing, eventually sorting herself out with as much grace as she could muster.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 02, 2020, 03:30:09 pm »

The 'caravan' began its march. Princess Rosana didn't carry anything, neither did the trader - Aliberti trudged behind with a crate in his hands.

"I'm wondering about these skeletons, good sir. Is it organized, um, trade? To make these?" The gruff merchant looked at Princess Rosana as if she was crazy.

"You don't know? Which sea did you guys cross on your way here? In this land, the Necrocracy of Mortis lends its skeletal assemblies to anyone interested, and wealthy enough."

"Oh. It's institutionalized?"

"Well, yeah! I don't know the details, but after the death of a man, the 'empty shell' that is his soulless body is apparently skinned for leather, boiled to the bone and they then mix and match the bones according to some mathematical patterns or some such. You know, you gotta keep those skeletons all the same or one client or another gonna complain that he got worse servant than the other."

"That's, huh, that's... this all sounds more like a business practice than esoteric magickery. Is skeletons all they sell?"

"The Sisters also offer communication with the deceased, help the Wallmen in murder investigations, and perform exorcisms. Their goddess, Mortis, doesn't take lightly to souls of the dead lingering in this world. Honestly, you didn't hear of them? I can't think of a place that wouldn't have a cloister or at least a temple, except of course the lands of the Dominion..." Princess Rosana was deep in thought for a moment, before something struck her.

"Apologies, I didn't give you our names! I'm Pr-"

"MAAN!" Aliberti groaned out suddenly. "You got me into quite a chore, sis... this is so heavy."

"..."

"...does your brother always complain this much?" Rosana looked at Aliberti, who stared at her expectantly.

"Oh, no, he's not accustomed to heavy lifting. He is more of, uh, accountant." Aliberti barely stopped himself from tripping over. "I'm Rosana, and my brother's Aliberti, and these are our... friends. We're... a traveling troupe. Oddjobs and such."

"Hmph. Name's Hanwas. Nicely met, I guess."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:33:04 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 02, 2020, 04:32:43 pm »

Giuseppina couldn't help but let out a small whining noise (which she hoped nobody heard, oops) as Hanwas explained that there was a whole COUNTRY devoted to making skeletons out of people! Nooooooo! That was the WORST thing! Oh, no, she'd been hoping that the tomb would be their only encounter with the... things for some time, but this... ugh... at least they wouldn't be fighting them mostly, right? Right?

Oh... but they were introducing themselves? For a moment she was tempted to say her full name... but having a clearly noble name would attract attention, so she restrained herself.

:"Um, I'm Giuseppina Abategiovanni. My papa is a merchant, so, umm. . . I'm used to this sort of thing."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 02, 2020, 06:48:21 pm »

Throughout the initial parts of the explanation Anumita couldn't help but continue to be mortified at the nature of the undead in this world. The moment their new merchant friend mentioned how they were empty, 'souless' husks however, her disgust gradually gave way to scholarly interest regarding the methodology of how the bodies were prepared. The idea of human leather was still a bit much in her eyes, but... she would be remiss to not admit it was quite a creative, and practical, use of material that would otherwise just be discarded as a byproduct of the excarnation. This Mortis cult sounded promising as well, they seemed to have the right idea regarding undeath... even if they did still make flawed decaying vessels just like any common necromancer. But eh, if there were no souls being trapped, there really wasn't much moral argument she could pose. She would've begun taking notes on all of this were her hands not full with a stack of small boxes. She instead settled for committing everything to short-term memory for now, writing it down could come later.
"Fascinating...oh, if we're introducing ourselves, I'm Anumita. Could you explain a bit more about how the Sisters communicate with the dead?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 02, 2020, 07:36:35 pm »

"Callimachis Kolya Moralis, archeologist and historian... and recently it seems I've added anthropologist to my repertoire. I must say, this is fascinating. To follow my colleague's line of thought, is it possible for a layperson to ask any of these undead questions?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 03, 2020, 06:18:04 am »

: Baruk Katari, Hospitalier. And... Baruk bit his tongue about the treatment of corpses, this was a different world altogether.

: At least there weren't any trapped souls there. The undead we fought were... eviler.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #532 on: December 03, 2020, 08:06:59 am »

"Alexis. I'm just a mercenary." She couldn't help but steal a glance at Baruk over her package. They still hadn't caught up, somehow.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 05, 2020, 12:20:46 pm »

@Anumita&Callimachus:

"Huh? How do they do it? With their magic, of course. And why would you ask skeletons questions? They're just walking bones."

"Yes, but, how do they move? And perform their tasks?"

"You just give simple commands, like 'carry' or 'follow' or 'wait'. And they do it. The Sisters cast a spell on the owner too, before the skeletons are given to them. Maybe that's how they understand commands. You would have to ask a Sister about it, but they're reclusive and unwilling to share secrets with outsiders. There's a temple at near the market in Norgala."

"Do they... do you know if there's a big jewel in Norgala?"

"Big jewel?"

"An amber. Very big, very round. With imperfections inside." Hanwas scratched his head.

"No? I mean, maybe the temple owns one, but I never heard of such thing myself."

"Oh, huh, alright..."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 08, 2020, 05:22:19 pm »

A brief silence settled as the topics at hand seemed to have been played out - and Giuseppina started to fidget a little, really not much a fan of that feeling of awkwardness even as she kind of invited it. And also... well, they really knew precious little about their destination, didn't they? It would probably be helpful if they could... verbally scope it out beforehand. Still, there was no way she wanted to make herself the center of everyone's attention by asking, so naturally Giuseppina decided that she had to get someone more confident to ask around. And, well... if she was to judge who was socially confident, then, judging by what he'd said to her earlier... she sidled up to a certain member of the group and muttered to him.

:"Hey, Callimachus? Maybe, um... maybe you could ask a bit more about where we're going? It might be helpful to know what we can expect, especially if the orb is there."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 08, 2020, 05:27:50 pm »

Cal smiled and nodded at Giuseppina, then turned his attention back to the merchant Hanwas.

"As we've established, we're from distant lands. Is there anything interesting about this city Norgala, besides the Sisters' temple and the market? And is there anything we should know to do or not to do?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 08, 2020, 05:36:34 pm »

"Well... the industries are pretty numerous, if weapons and armors is what you seek there. The temples of the other divines are also there, but of course Temple of Mortis is the biggest. And I'm sure you will be interested in the District of Delights, considering you're travelers. Plenty of inns, brothels, gambling halls and lounges to waste your time and money at."

The caravan continued for some time in further silence, until sharp, grey-and-white towers of a cityscape began peeking from between the trees.

"There we go, just few more minutes on the road and we will be there."

"So, it will be farewell, we have-"

"What? No, no, no! No farewells until you fetch my supplies to the market, and then I'm taking you to the Temple of Mortis to complain about loss of my skeletons! The sooner you admit your guilt, the better."

"But we already-"

"Maybe the Sisters will take pity on my bad luck and give me a discount, too."

"..."
SigFlags!

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 08, 2020, 05:46:26 pm »

For the most part, Maria simply kept carrying her box and keeping up with the rest of the caravan, visibly seething with frustration at the fact that they were even going along with this act. This frustration inevitably hit a boiling point however when the man decided that he would also have to bring them to the so called "Temple of Mortis", causing the maid to let out a groan as she maneuvered her way to Aliberti's side, whispering just loud enough for him to hear,

"My lord, remember that the offer is still on the table if you want this man gone. I'm about to go insane if I hear one more word come out of this idiot's mouth"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #538 on: December 08, 2020, 06:07:13 pm »

"These Sisters are probably knowledgeable, at least. I think speaking to them will be helpful for everyone."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 08, 2020, 06:14:49 pm »

"Agreed. And chances are no one there will believe his story unless we corroborate, so...it's only fair."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39