Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we mod in Platinum blunt weapons and armour?

Yay!
- 0 (0%)
Nay!
- 0 (0%)
Maybe... (Please elaborate in a post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 25, 2020, 03:39:38 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Smithsoldier, Year 12: Clothes, Madness, and Beasts (And Candy) [47.04]  (Read 58977 times)

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for being here, my time machine broke.
    • View Profile
Re: Smithsoldier - Succession Game [47.03]
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2020, 01:32:47 pm »

We need something to spice up this fort a little bit- currently, it's a normal old dead civ fort. We need a twist.
Salmuek, have you provoked the goblins yet?
And thus was the dwarven meatshield invented.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2020, 07:42:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"What is your name?"

"Zuglar Idenmat, though my friends call me Zug."

"What are your skills?"

"Sir, I have made cheese for thirty years. Before me, my mother made cheese. And her mother as well. And her mother's mother, my great grandmother, was the first dwarf to milk an antelope. And do you know what she did with that milk? She made cheese from it! I have made every kind of the cheese there is, from blue to sour and even the kind with little maggots in it. I have sold cheese wheels worth more than all the wealth in this fortress. To sum it up, I am an expert in the field of cheese."

"Do you have two hands?"

"I . . . what?"

"I said, do you have two functioning hands? Any history of nerve damage?"

Zuglar looks down at his hands, who wave back at him in a profoundly functional way.

"I uh, yes to the first question and no to the second. But I can assure you, one can easily make cheese with just one arm, I used to know a guy in my hometown who did just that! His name was Gode-"

"That's enough, thank you."
With a solid thwack, the lone dwarf behind the long desk stamps a thin paper, which is then signed and place into a waiting pile to the side.

"Our migration officers have concluded their review of your information. You have been volunteered for the axe militia. You can pick up your gear on the third floor, near the smithy. Due to a need for cohesion between soldiers, you will not be assigned private quarters and will need to collect any other belongings and bring them to the first floor barracks. If you have any questions talk to Asën, your captain. Thank you and have a nice day."

Zuglar, who is so shocked he cannot move or speak (though he could probably make cheese, such is his skill), is then grabbed by a waiting burly-dwarf and kicked out of the room.

"Next!"

Journal of Salmeuk, Administrator - Mid Spring 177

I don't have much time to write, as I have another round of dwarves to interview. But this recruitment is going well - as I expected, half of the workless dwarves are fit for military duty. Some of them are even trained soliders! They are a lazy lot, but most are strong enough to take a beating. The other, weaker dwarves are being placed into one of four standardized roles, either laborer or craftsdwarf, or farmer or smith. Simply put, we don't have time for beekeeping, nor cheesemaking, nor any of the other more willowy kinds of pursuits the less practical types get up to back at the mountainhome. At least, that's what Zon tells me. She says, 'More soliders! More weapons! The goblins are coming!' and who am I to argue? I've never even _seen_ a goblin, and frankly I hope I never do. Why do you think I married Zon?

I must go, but take note - this job is not as difficult as I imagined it would be.

Journal of Salmeuk, Administrator - Late Spring 177

Working with our architects, we designed an insulated cavern pasture for our grazing animals in the event of a siege.

Construction continues down at the forges. The structures are mostly complete, but none of the ore and fuel has moved yet.

A small stoneworks has been located near the forges.

I talked with the mechanics, and they have been busy expanding our cage trap defenses. There was mention of a second layer of traps, as well.

Summer has arrived.

------------------------------------------
Had a busy week, now that it's the weekend expect an update later today  :D
Don't really blame you- I'm pretty sure it's been a hellish week for everyone.

Tell me about it, I live in Seattle, it's a bit crazy around here to say the least. Luckily I've got DF to keep me busy inside.

here, suggest to me a new name for our hammerdwarf squad! I made two new axe squads, The Black Axee and The Crescent Blades, while Zon's Razor is a speardwarf squad.

Reminder that you have two days left. Since no one else wants to claim, however, I'm sure we can get an extension for you if you need it.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2020, 07:45:48 pm »

The human caravan arrived. We traded a large number of wooden cages for food and material. We also traded insults, you know, because they are dirty humans, and were probably thinking smug thoughts anyways. One of them had also tried to sell us a disturbingly written book of the author's first-hand account of murdering someone else.

I don't understand how these Humans think they have the moral high ground when they produce crap like this.

===========

Then, DwarvenLord, bellowing from outside, "There's a demon in the trees!"

Without a second thought, we ordered the bridge lowered. The fortress must not be compromised. Should the bridge take too long to raise, and the strange beast cross the gates, the Slammerlords would be ready and waiting.

Meanwhile, DwarvenLord was running to the mudstone bridge that spanned the fortress's shallow moat. "I should have plenty of time to cross before the creature reaches me," or so he thought. The creature had other plans, and with a great burst of speed it launched high above the moat, rebounding off the brick wall onto the bridge and in front of an astonished DwarvenLord.

Not astonished enough to forget his training, DwarvenLord took the first swing, and landed a penetrating blow to the hand of the creature - who replied with a deep CRUNCH as it chomped down on DwarvenLord's own hand! The two began to fight, though it was really more of a massacre on both sides - neither saw fit to avoid the other's attacks, and so each blow cut, sliced, gouged and ripped. The stone was slick with blood yet they fought on, though DwarvenLord was beginning to slow. Where were the Slammerlords??

And then, suddenly, all was quiet, save for the dripping wounds of the champion - DwarvenLord, He who bested the demon from the trees, and He who suffered gravely to stop tragedy. His thoughts were conflicted,

but the battle was over and he. had. won!

---

After we had recovered DwarvenLord, and placed him in the general hospital, Zon was the first out to inspect the corpse. Whatever had attacked DwarvenLord was viscious as it was small, and none of us immediately recognized it. Zon kicked over the blood-soaked creature, and gasped and stepped back. The face was heavily wounded, but underneath the blood and gore was a horribly twisted nightmare. A face, shaped like that of a lizard with side-facing eyes and a jutting snout, but overlaid with the eyes and mouth of a human child! I couldn't look more than a second before I shut my eyes.

Zon seized me. "Where did DwarvenLord go? We need to quarantine him, now!"

"What do you mean? He's wounded, certainly, but the doctor already checked him for poison or disease and found nothing."

"He was looking for the wrong disease! I've seen this kind of creature before. One bite will curse victim, and when the full moon rises, what was once an innocent soul becomes a twisted, violent parody of itself. The curse is incurable, though luckily the victim retains their sanity, at least until the change occurs. If he isn't entombed behind a thick wall in the next hours we might all die."

"Oh my god!"

And so we moved him into the mayors office.He was too drunk to care, though it was quite funny when he came back the next day and found a solid wall in place of his doorway.

==========

At some point a troll attacked, and it was taken care of before I even noticed:

I'd recognize that blood anywhere.

Also, one of our dwarves created a solid gold animal trap. Gaudy but expensive.

==========
Holy shit that epic wallrun, I wish I had caught it in .gif form. I still am not used to the A.I. sometimes preferring these alternate pathings. Or its just so unexpected, but then makes perfect sense if you consider how agile a small chameleon-creature thing would be!

And my god I am glad I didn't kill a named dwarf. DwarvenLord, you picked your character well - that fight was a brutal test.

RE: attacking the gobbos, what do you think all these recruits are for >:D

Slow going, fighting always slows things down, but I should have another entry tomorrow. DwarvenLord, any requests for your now-quarantined character? I am happy to shuffle them around during the off-moon days if you want a little exclusion chamber in the caverns, or something.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:47:52 pm by Salmeuk »

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2020, 09:34:22 pm »

Ha! That was epic, I'm happy he dealt with the poor child. Could I see his personality? I want to base what he does on his character.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2020, 03:34:40 pm »

Here you go! I only have winter left but I will try to accommodate your wishes..

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2020, 03:48:55 pm »

Based on that, I think she'll just chill in the blocked off room, proud of her achievement but sad of her curse. Could you make a chute for food/drink? She doesn't need it, but she deserves it.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2020, 01:09:25 am »

Based on that, I think she'll just chill in the blocked off room, proud of her achievement but sad of her curse. Could you make a chute for food/drink? She doesn't need it, but she deserves it.

We'll chuck a few roasted plump helmets in with her (I did not realize 'he' was a 'she' in game!) and occasionally talk to her through a small grate in the stone.

Final update tomorrow!

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2020, 03:43:34 am »

Well, that was certainly Fun.

I fully agree that the wall-run was epic, as was DL's fight with that Werebeast (Armok rest their soul). Should make for some badass engravings, maybe get commemorated in a craft or two. Good to hear about the comms idea - she may be cursed in Armok's eyes, but she's still a badass and deserves the treatment of one. (Though for some, we may have just found a rather useful Noble Disposal System).

As for the gobbos, that'll hopefully give us a few veteran troops (at least, it'll be population control). Plus, we'll finally have a 'sustainable' supply of livestock for a meat and rendering industry - those Beak Dogs make for good eating as much as they provide fat for soap. I must ask, though, where were the Slammerlords and the rest of the military during this?

Also, a solid gold artefact animal trap? Not too bad, could be a useful trade good if we don't have too many vermin running about.

Thanks for your continued work and excellent writing!
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smithsoldier - Succession Game (Overseers Wanted) [47.03]
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2020, 03:11:21 pm »

Here's what happened in Summer and Fall, not necessarily in character:

Astesh created an extremely useful legendary granite hatch cover! I installed this in the surface fortress to keep out any flying megabeasts.

Food is good, 'nuff said.

This is the slowly expanding forge. Wood on the left arrives by dropchute, is turned into charcoal, which is then used to smelt all kinds of goodies.

We breached the second cavern layer, and quickly walled it off. A beautiful formation of marble, this would be a great place for a cavern barracks.

I constructed a solid gold dining room in the mudstone layers. If these dwarves are real dwarves, and I suspect they are due to their conspicuous consumption of alcohol, they will enjoy this greatly. The floor is alternating lead and gold.

We had a problem with corpse hauling, and the werechamelon had begun to rot where it fell. So I got a bright idea to raise the bridge. .

That takes care of that.

I sent out an expedition consisting of our greenest warriors, equipped with sparse armor and basic iron axes. They returned, though one warrior had gone missing, so I launched a second expedition which has yet to return.

Out of the blue, Ral has been declared King! I have no clue when or what or why this happened, but now he's demanding a 'king's share' of the resources. I designed a palace but I doubt it will be finished by the time I step down.

============

On the second day of Winter, all was quiet, and the bright, cool sun shone down on the dwarves as they went about their business. Then, a commotion and shouting from above. A captured human! 

A particularly dirty specimen, and the whole time we interrogated him he kept trying to jab us through the cage bars with one of his arrows. He finally revealed he had arrived to steal one of our most precious artifacts, The Autumnal Umbra, an iron figurine of dwarves. While we try to keep these precious objects secret, one of the traders must have heard about it and passed the word along to the wrong person.

Then, a second human! Also easily captured in our well-hidden traps. A macewoman this time, and she had also come for The Autumnal Umbra. This is not good, since every cage taken up with a prisoner is one more gap in our defenses. If any others were to come we might have to fight them back. . .

Less than a  day later the goblins attacked from the north. Not many, only a small squad of 5 or so, but it was proof they had discovered our outpost. Most dwarves were inside, so we were about to shut the gates, when we heard calls from the south -

"Hoi! We're back from the rescue mission, and we've brought friends!" Asen and his axedwarves had returned at _exactly_ the moment they shouldn't have.

We might have left the gate open and ushered them in at the last moment, but again the decision came back to relative risk. They would LIKELY win in a fight against the goblins, and as soldiers they were expected to risk their lives for the good of the fortress. I made the decision for them and shut the bridge. Now we just had to wait for the news, however good or bad it may be. . .

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2020, 09:04:15 pm »

There were three locked outside with the goblins. Mörul and Asën, with masterwork axes and mudstone jewelry, and the human Erab Friendcloud, who might not have volunteered for the dwarven military if she had known it would end up with her outnumbered and locked outside.

Still, it was Mörul and Asën who she was trapped with, the two most experienced warriors in the squad. Mörul knew what happened the moment the bridge shut, of course, for that dwarf had an aptitude for reasoning unlike any other.

"We've been calculated against, for the supposed safety of the fortress. Now we might die!"

Then, a strategy was thrown into action. The three dwarves positioned themselves at the far end of the cage traps, and held their ground while the goblins approached. This was when it became apparent there were more than just goblins lurking in the forest - another shadow revealed itself to be a third treasure hunter!

Strangely, the goblins took their time, practically waltzing through the field of fallen trunks. In fact, it didn't seem like they were expecting combat at all!

Mörul spoke with a sudden clarity. "Is it possible they haven't spotted the fortress yet? Perhaps this is just a lost scouting party, wandering their way back home. It would make sense considering how few goblins there are. If that's the case, we can't let them escape and tell the others!" A few moments later, the order was given.

Inside, Zon knew something was wrong. It was too quiet. She vaulted up the stairs to look down from the fortress scaffolding, surmising the situation.

There were certainly fewer goblins than they expected! A sudden strike might be best. .

The bridge lever was pulled. Would the fight be over before the mechanisms worked?

===========

They only remembered these events afterwards, but this fight had perhaps the strangest opening shot any dwarf could remember, and they still can't agree what exactly happened! Mörul remembered it best: Just as the combatants were about to clash, a single, gleaming arrow whistled out from the trees and struck one of the goblins in the foot, and as they were falling from the pain a cage trap snatched them right up! Immediately the odds became 4 to 3. A great opening, for sure, _but who fired that arrow?_ (no really wtf, was it that treasure hunter missing a shot or something? They had somehow disappeared from the unit list, and there was no combat report of the arrow being fired. . . )

Only glancing blows and missed shots, at first, but Erab our human volunteer landed a slicing blow and brought another goblin down. Now it was 3 to 3.

Another blow was landed, this time cutting through to the brain.

Now outnumbered 2 to 3, and the goblins were trying to run.

Or that's what we thought! They quickly turned and landed a cheap blow to Mörul's knee, collapsing the leg and leaving him all too vulnerable. Neither remaining goblin had taken a hit, and they just move so damn fast you can't tell what their striking at!

Just when things were looking bad, we heard a sudden SNAP SNAP as two finely-balanced mechanisms, having been crafted by Besmar Pathgorge some months earlier, engaged under the pressure of the goblins backstep and shut them in secure wooden cages.  Bringing a close to the fighting.

==========
I walked alongside Mörul as he was brought to the dirt-floored hospital that would become his knew home for the next few weeks. He winced as he spoke, and I had the feeling that he would have been shouting had he been in a better state of health.

"You know you made a mistake. They were only a handful, and we had our best soldiers locked up for no good reason. It could have been different!"

"Look, I'm not sure I can say anything but I made the best decision I possibly could have, given what we knew. I thought your whole squad was outside, but two of you snuck in before the gate was shut. I think you should take it up with them!"

This was true - two of his squadmates had sprinted through the closing gate. We grilled them inside for abandoning captain Mörul, but they both had excuses. It had been weeks since the squad had eaten, and food was all they could think of! These dwarves are too much sometimes.

In any case, I took this particular conversation to heart and chose to step down after a few weeks of thought. Zon was not happy, but I gave her a choice: either I step down or I go insane from the stress of knowing I'm truly not fit for the role. With that, she relented, and as spring announced itself with the budding of the cherry trees, I passed the role of administrator to my successor. 

Or at least that's how I wish it had gone down. Not three days after the goblin encounter, another werechameleon attacked!

A fully grown specimen ambushed our mason as he was hauling wood down to the forges. In a ridiculous twist, the chameleon was distracted by a stray cat who happened to be hunting bugs near the woodpile, and the two ran off into the undergrowth.

That cat was never seen again, but it's death bought us the time we needed to assemble outside the gates. When the beast appeared, jaws dripping with blood and bits of fur, we were ready.

And it was over in ten seconds. More of an execution, than anything else. There was a lot of pent-up stress in these dwarves, and it was all released on Bosa the werecreature. I saw things done with a warhammer I wish I could forget.

==========

Wha . . ? Mörul has become possessed by some unknown spirit!

He is now crawling across the fortress, looking for _something_. He crawled his way to the forges and claimed a glass furnace.

aaaand he just made a glass earring

Ah well, so much for the epic post-combat artifact commemorating his victory over the goblins! I guess that's what the earring is for.

And finally, a report was delivered about the botched raid that was sent out back in Fall. Two were taken prisoner and are still held by the goblins. Something must be done!

And with that, the year really did end, and now it's up to whoever is next to continue the story. Thanks for reading!

==========

Here's the layout of the workshops level. Please note the brand new gem vault in the lower righthand corner. Use it for what you will, but I have it currently set up to take all the beautiful cut gems and show them off in a pleasing pattern.

Here's the save:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14946

PS: Our new king went 'missing'.

We're going to pretend I didn't smash him with a bridge, accidentally, when the goblins arrived, due to a mis-laid burrow designation. Nuh uh. Didn't do it. The bright side is someone gets to have his palace!

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2020, 09:08:24 pm »

Soooo... Is Quantum going to have another turn or are we going to wait for someone else to claim?

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 09:57:33 am »

Soooo... Is Quantum going to have another turn or are we going to wait for someone else to claim?

Give it 2-3 days. If no-one claims, I'll take another turn; either of you can claim a second go, if you want to.

There were three locked outside with the goblins. Mörul and Asën, with masterwork axes and mudstone jewelry, and the human Erab Friendcloud, who might not have volunteered for the dwarven military if she had known it would end up with her outnumbered and locked outside.

Still, it was Mörul and Asën who she was trapped with, the two most experienced warriors in the squad. Mörul knew what happened the moment the bridge shut, of course, for that dwarf had an aptitude for reasoning unlike any other.

"We've been calculated against, for the supposed safety of the fortress. Now we might die!"

Then, a strategy was thrown into action. The three dwarves positioned themselves at the far end of the cage traps, and held their ground while the goblins approached. This was when it became apparent there were more than just goblins lurking in the forest - another shadow revealed itself to be a third treasure hunter!

Strangely, the goblins took their time, practically waltzing through the field of fallen trunks. In fact, it didn't seem like they were expecting combat at all!

Mörul spoke with a sudden clarity. "Is it possible they haven't spotted the fortress yet? Perhaps this is just a lost scouting party, wandering their way back home. It would make sense considering how few goblins there are. If that's the case, we can't let them escape and tell the others!" A few moments later, the order was given.

Inside, Zon knew something was wrong. It was too quiet. She vaulted up the stairs to look down from the fortress scaffolding, surmising the situation.

There were certainly fewer goblins than they expected! A sudden strike might be best. .

The bridge lever was pulled. Would the fight be over before the mechanisms worked?

===========

They only remembered these events afterwards, but this fight had perhaps the strangest opening shot any dwarf could remember, and they still can't agree what exactly happened! Mörul remembered it best: Just as the combatants were about to clash, a single, gleaming arrow whistled out from the trees and struck one of the goblins in the foot, and as they were falling from the pain a cage trap snatched them right up! Immediately the odds became 4 to 3. A great opening, for sure, _but who fired that arrow?_ (no really wtf, was it that treasure hunter missing a shot or something? They had somehow disappeared from the unit list, and there was no combat report of the arrow being fired. . . )

Only glancing blows and missed shots, at first, but Erab our human volunteer landed a slicing blow and brought another goblin down. Now it was 3 to 3.

Another blow was landed, this time cutting through to the brain.

Now outnumbered 2 to 3, and the goblins were trying to run.

Or that's what we thought! They quickly turned and landed a cheap blow to Mörul's knee, collapsing the leg and leaving him all too vulnerable. Neither remaining goblin had taken a hit, and they just move so damn fast you can't tell what their striking at!

Just when things were looking bad, we heard a sudden SNAP SNAP as two finely-balanced mechanisms, having been crafted by Besmar Pathgorge some months earlier, engaged under the pressure of the goblins backstep and shut them in secure wooden cages.  Bringing a close to the fighting.

==========
I walked alongside Mörul as he was brought to the dirt-floored hospital that would become his knew home for the next few weeks. He winced as he spoke, and I had the feeling that he would have been shouting had he been in a better state of health.

"You know you made a mistake. They were only a handful, and we had our best soldiers locked up for no good reason. It could have been different!"

"Look, I'm not sure I can say anything but I made the best decision I possibly could have, given what we knew. I thought your whole squad was outside, but two of you snuck in before the gate was shut. I think you should take it up with them!"

This was true - two of his squadmates had sprinted through the closing gate. We grilled them inside for abandoning captain Mörul, but they both had excuses. It had been weeks since the squad had eaten, and food was all they could think of! These dwarves are too much sometimes.

In any case, I took this particular conversation to heart and chose to step down after a few weeks of thought. Zon was not happy, but I gave her a choice: either I step down or I go insane from the stress of knowing I'm truly not fit for the role. With that, she relented, and as spring announced itself with the budding of the cherry trees, I passed the role of administrator to my successor. 

Or at least that's how I wish it had gone down. Not three days after the goblin encounter, another werechameleon attacked!

A fully grown specimen ambushed our mason as he was hauling wood down to the forges. In a ridiculous twist, the chameleon was distracted by a stray cat who happened to be hunting bugs near the woodpile, and the two ran off into the undergrowth.

That cat was never seen again, but it's death bought us the time we needed to assemble outside the gates. When the beast appeared, jaws dripping with blood and bits of fur, we were ready.

And it was over in ten seconds. More of an execution, than anything else. There was a lot of pent-up stress in these dwarves, and it was all released on Bosa the werecreature. I saw things done with a warhammer I wish I could forget.

==========

Wha . . ? Mörul has become possessed by some unknown spirit!

He is now crawling across the fortress, looking for _something_. He crawled his way to the forges and claimed a glass furnace.

aaaand he just made a glass earring

Ah well, so much for the epic post-combat artifact commemorating his victory over the goblins! I guess that's what the earring is for.

And finally, a report was delivered about the botched raid that was sent out back in Fall. Two were taken prisoner and are still held by the goblins. Something must be done!

And with that, the year really did end, and now it's up to whoever is next to continue the story. Thanks for reading!

==========

Here's the layout of the workshops level. Please note the brand new gem vault in the lower righthand corner. Use it for what you will, but I have it currently set up to take all the beautiful cut gems and show them off in a pleasing pattern.

Here's the save:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14946

PS: Our new king went 'missing'.

We're going to pretend I didn't smash him with a bridge, accidentally, when the goblins arrived, due to a mis-laid burrow designation. Nuh uh. Didn't do it. The bright side is someone gets to have his palace!

Good to see we've got some Gobbos in cages. Could use them for live training, or set up a little arena of some sort. Nice work dealing with the werebeast - good thing it didn't infect any of the others while it was here.

The Gem Vault looks quite good; great work on the forges and general industrial area of the fort. Should provide plenty of storage and goods in the time to come.

Seeing the fate of that king, I am officially cackling. Even if it wasn't on purpose.

Thanks for all the work you've done, Salmeuk.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 12:48:09 pm »

No, thank you for reading! I got carried away with explaining every little part of my turn and it kind of made it tough to play. I can knock out a year in-game in about 3 hours of playtime, but when documenting your turn everything takes so much longer since you have to pause and comprehend all the little events. If I played again I would probably shorten my logs a bit.

I say go for another turn. This fortress might get veeeery interesting in the next year, especially if you start sending missions out.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 01:14:49 pm »

Yeah, I'll claim again- but if anyone new claims, put me after them.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2020, 12:15:13 pm »

Yeah, I'll claim again- but if anyone new claims, put me after them.

Just so I know for certain, would that make the current turn order:

• Potential new player
  • Me (if no-one claims)
  • DwarvenLord

Or am I brain-farting again?

No, thank you for reading! I got carried away with explaining every little part of my turn and it kind of made it tough to play. I can knock out a year in-game in about 3 hours of playtime, but when documenting your turn everything takes so much longer since you have to pause and comprehend all the little events. If I played again I would probably shorten my logs a bit.

I say go for another turn. This fortress might get veeeery interesting in the next year, especially if you start sending missions out.

Yeah, I know how that feels. All the screenshotting, clipping, and writing makes it take so much longer, but it's worth it in the end.

I will admit, all the little explanations were pretty good - really helped get a clear picture of what was going on in the fort.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:18:16 pm by Quantum Drop »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24