Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we mod in Platinum blunt weapons and armour?

Yay!
- 0 (0%)
Nay!
- 0 (0%)
Maybe... (Please elaborate in a post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 25, 2020, 03:39:38 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Smithsoldier, Year 12: Clothes, Madness, and Beasts (And Candy) [47.04]  (Read 58970 times)

Sir Elric of the East

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Smithsoldier - Succession Game (Overseers Wanted) [47.04]
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2020, 04:25:34 am »

So...yeah. Cause I'm a dweeb, I can't play without graphics. But I got no clue how to load a tileset into the damn thing, and the internet isn't helping worth a damn. Argggggh!

There are two ways for you to go about with this.

Option A is to download a Starter Pack like SambaDF or Peridexis Errant's Starter pack, put the save file on the data/save folder then update the tileset and the save file from the launcher itself.

Option B is to download the tileset you want to use, put it on the raw/graphics and start the game.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Within the Shadow's Grasp
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2020, 09:40:49 am »

Wow. I can update the tileset in the LNP lancher? Did not know that. hmmmm...

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2020, 10:12:10 pm »

How do I get the Drawbridge up? That damned lever doesn't work! Edit: Also, having trouble with the squads. I bring up the screen, but I can't use the Kill order? Suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:22:37 pm by LeftHandofGod »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2020, 10:57:01 pm »

Check the notes function. I believe it is 'N' or 'n'. There should be some clearly labeled connections from lever to bridge, and I suspect the drawbridge has multiple levers. I would try them all, or you could always create a new lever and link the bridge anew.

The squad order screen is tricky if you press shift when you shouldn't or have caps lock on accidentally. Make sure you are selecting with the proper input! Also, make sure the squads are set to the 'Active / In Training' alert in the military alerts menu. Otherwise, the move order works just as fine if you simply want to engage in combat (oh lord what is happening?!) so you could just use that instead.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2020, 04:42:44 am »

For the drawbridge, look near the main stairs - there should be 3 or so levers, with one marked 'drawbridge' or similar.

As for the squads, I think Salmeuk has it. Failing that, this may be of some help for a more step-to-step explanation.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2020, 11:54:07 pm »

Unfortunately, it would appear that I am unable to get the game to a point where I can actually play it and not want to bash my head in. Apologies. Go ahead and take my name off the list, please.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2020, 02:00:52 am »

Unfortunately, it would appear that I am unable to get the game to a point where I can actually play it and not want to bash my head in. Apologies. Go ahead and take my name off the list, please.

Understood.

To the thread at large, give it 2-3 days. If no-one claims (and if he's still available), I'll pass the file to DwarvenLord.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:02:52 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2020, 05:33:39 pm »

Understandable, though if you want a dorfing is always possible.

You can sign me up for a second turn as well. Apparently we're just going to 3-man this thing until it collapses!

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smithsoldier Year 5 - Succession Game (Overseers Wanted) [47.04]
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2020, 10:53:29 pm »

Dorfing would be cool. And I feel you on the whole 3 man thing, I think my fort might end up like that, lol

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for being here, my time machine broke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2020, 10:39:06 am »

So should I pick up the turn now or are we going to wait a little longer.
And thus was the dwarven meatshield invented.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2020, 02:19:56 pm »

So should I pick up the turn now or are we going to wait a little longer.

Go ahead, doesn't look like anyone's going to claim.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2020, 11:53:38 pm »

Ok, will start tomorrow. Two succession games on two different versions should be fun...
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2020, 10:37:31 am »

Quantum, could you give me a new save? I think something's broken with this one. Either that or I'm stupid, but I would like to verify the second.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2020, 11:44:21 am »

Quantum, could you give me a new save? I think something's broken with this one. Either that or I'm stupid, but I would like to verify the second.

In the way of saves, I currently have two saves for the region: the one uploaded to dffd, and one in the middle of Slate post-siege. None earlier than those. What seems to be borked?

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2020, 12:54:20 pm »

Whenever I extract the file, it either spews all the .dat stuff right into the saves folder and doesn't show up in the game, or I make a folder for it and then extract it, and it still doesn't show.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24