Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Quest: The Crossing  (Read 4889 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quest: Beginning of the Journey
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 10:30:27 pm »

[It was not quite clear that an action was supposed to be given with the character intro :p ]

Nobody travels off in the direction of the Demon Lands, staff in hand.
Close examination Looking at the staff with any amount of attention immediately reveals to the observer that it fits poorly into reality, with it constantly visually distorting, squares intermittently shifting away or changing color, and emitting a staticy sound akin to unfocused arcane energy.
((when did Nobody find a staff?))
(A long time ago Actually, never. And also now. Maybe about when Beethro got his sword? Before, probably. After? Time is weird. Like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.)
THE WORLD ENDS AND THE WORLD IS BUILT ANEW, THIS IS NOT THE FIRST
((when was time travel incorporated? I don’t think time travel is incorporated))
(Please look at when I submitted Nobody.
And in general, the assumption is that he just already had the staff. It's just going to be a "this is what the magic is cast through" thing, I'm not expecting bonuses or anything from it.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2020, 10:31:27 pm »

Engage in some recreational monster-smiting as the journey progresses towards the demon-lands.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 10:59:48 pm »

Buy the goat, and proceed to the Demon Lands.

((Yeah, I thought when you asked "what do you do", I thought you meant "what's my character's profession". Also, I'm glad you got my Les Miserables reference. ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 11:05:45 pm »

[It was not quite clear that an action was supposed to be given with the character intro :p ]

Close examination Looking at the staff with any amount of attention immediately reveals to the observer that it fits poorly into reality, with it constantly visually distorting, squares intermittently shifting away or changing color, and emitting a staticy sound akin to unfocused arcane energy.
((when did Nobody find a staff?))
(A long time ago Actually, never. And also now. Maybe about when Beethro got his sword? Before, probably. After? Time is weird. Like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.)
THE WORLD ENDS AND THE WORLD IS BUILT ANEW, THIS IS NOT THE FIRST
((when was time travel incorporated? I don’t think time travel is incorporated))
(Please look at when I submitted Nobody.
And in general, the assumption is that he just already had the staff. It's just going to be a "this is what the magic is cast through" thing, I'm not expecting bonuses or anything from it.)
((Sorry.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 11:15:05 pm »

Buy the goat, and proceed to the Demon Lands.

((Yeah, I thought when you asked "what do you do", I thought you meant "what's my character's profession". Also, I'm glad you got my Les Miserables reference. ))

The goat has already been bought!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 11:16:47 pm »

Then proceed onward!

((Whoops))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 05:27:10 am »

"Woof" *Whine*

Drag a earth mage near the Ball of Fire and try to convince him or her to use the spell "Sand Waterfall" to put it down.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2020, 05:37:24 am »

Gather a hundred or so Sea Raiders, then head to the demon lands.
Grab a very long axe with a big blade, then destroy the villages of the demons and loot the booze and women.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 07:13:10 am »

Its time for Bob to fulfill his destiny, but first he has to buy a donkey so he can get to his destination and some more booze for the journey.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 02:00:45 pm »

Well, only one thing to do: head in the general direction of the border. And that's the direction of the sunrise. Right? Sun rises in the east, sets in the west, and on the map the tower is to the east. I think.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2020, 03:31:04 am »

Can I still join? If yes then, I am Bob the 5th, son of Bob the 2nd!   And get some armor

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2020, 02:01:47 pm »

((Got room for more?))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 10:52:34 am »

((Got room for more?))
(Sure! It's a minimalist RTD, so there's no limit. Update should be tomorrow; I've been busy.)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2020, 02:41:10 pm »

((K I will give it a whirl))

People have nicknamed me Dino, which I suppose is because of my fiery temper. As I lacked a family to name me, I’ve since stuck with Dino. Most of my life has been contaminated by pain and misery, so if I ever have a claim to heroism, however twisted it might be, it would be that I would destroy those who cause problems on purpose.

Explore a town until I find a restaurant or tavern so I can eat something

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quest: The Crossing
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2020, 11:59:43 pm »

Find random objects to throw at the orb
(6) Looking around, Margaret spots an alchemist's stand loaded with potions. She picks one at random and, praying, tosses it at the orb. It's a hit! The orb instantly doubles in size, consuming the nearest building and several trees.

"Those were old growth!" the alchemist cries. "Old growth! Where am I supposed to get my century-old elm leaves now? And you'd better bet I'm charging you for that potion!"

Then proceed onward!

((Whoops))
(1) Suddenly, John's shoes feel wet. He looks down to find himself standing in the shallows of a wide river. Whoops!

(2) Nobody brings with him a stick, which is kind of like a staff in that it's long and made of wood. No distortion, unless you count some of the bark peeling off.

Gather a hundred or so Sea Raiders, then head to the demon lands.
Grab a very long axe with a big blade, then destroy the villages of the demons and loot the booze and women.

(3) Harald manages to convince a drunk fisherman (a raider of the sea if Vlad's ever known one) to come with him to the Dark Lands. Actually, he invited him to the pub, but the fisherman is too drunk to tell the difference. They set off, only somewhat slowed by the fisherman's drunken stumbling. He doesn't do the second thing because he can only do one thing a turn!

Can I still join? If yes then, I am Bob the 5th, son of Bob the 2nd!   And get some armor
(3) Bob the Second brings with him on his journey the shield of his ancestors. Unfortunately, his ancestors were not metalworkers: it's a half-rotten piece of wood.

((K I will give it a whirl))

People have nicknamed me Dino, which I suppose is because of my fiery temper. As I lacked a family to name me, I’ve since stuck with Dino. Most of my life has been contaminated by pain and misery, so if I ever have a claim to heroism, however twisted it might be, it would be that I would destroy those who cause problems on purpose.

Explore a town until I find a restaurant or tavern so I can eat something
(2) All businesses are currently closed on account of the giant flaming orb.

Its time for Bob to fulfill his destiny, but first he has to buy a donkey so he can get to his destination and some more booze for the journey.
(4) Bob manages to locate the one merchant brave enough to continue doing business. He purchases a donkey and ale-bottle at only mildly unreasonable markup.

Engage in some recreational monster-smiting as the journey progresses towards the demon-lands.
(2) Sadly, there are no monsters to be smitten this close to the city. Beethro slaps a mosquito, but he doesn't get any EXP for it--which is bullshit! It was a hell of a slap; a smite, even. And aren't mosquitoes terribly monstrous, when you think about it? They suck blood, spread disease, hum in your ear: they're like tiny vampires! They ought to be worth at least a fraction of a point. But alas, they are not.

Well, only one thing to do: head in the general direction of the border. And that's the direction of the sunrise. Right? Sun rises in the east, sets in the west, and on the map the tower is to the east. I think.
(5) By following the sun, Augustine manages to blunder his way to a river. A river! This must be the River Rof, from which King Wizzo III's water magician's repelled the Fifth Diabolic Invasion of 683! And if it was the site of an invasion, it must lie between the Kingdom and the Dark! Surely. Definitely. Well, he hasn't checked it on a map, but— He's entirely certain so he hops across some rocks (an option here, at the river's narrowest point) and continues across the plains.

"Woof" *Whine*

Drag a earth mage near the Ball of Fire and try to convince him or her to use the spell "Sand Waterfall" to put it down.
(5) The wizard, who is wearing too many layers to be conclusively identified as a him or as a her, nods and begins to chant. A shower of sand strikes the orb, substantially reducing its size at the cost of covering the square in gross burnt sand. The mage falls over and begins to snore.

Beethro, Harald, John, and Nobody find themselves at the edge of the River Rof. A bridge allows for passage over the water, but the way is blocked by a man waving a tall red flag. "Stop!" he cries, wheezing. "If you're using the bridge, you'll have to pay the toll--new city ordinance. Ten copper pieces a head." He cranes his neck. "Donkeys have big heads, so they'll run you twelve."

Journey Progress

L----B----D
Augustine ?????@?????
Beethro   ^@---|----*
Bob       @----|----*
Bob (2)   @----|----*
Dino      @----|----*
Harald    ^@---|----*
John      ^@---|----*
Margaret  @----|----*
Spot      @----|----*
Nobody    ^@---|----*