Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Roll to Quest: The Crossing  (Read 4817 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quest: The Crossing
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2020, 03:48:33 am »

John the Baker tries to convince the Bridge Guardian to let them pass, citing the righteousness of the cause. Meaning, the bloody demon lord is gonna kill us all, and everyone here is trying to stop that.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 04:32:14 am »

It's probably for the best.  If mosquitos were required monsters, I'd have to kill all of them in each dungeon to properly finish the job.  After all, a True Smitemaster gets all the monsters.

Onwards!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:40:49 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 04:34:32 am »

I have prepared for the journey, it is now time to get my drunk ass on the donkey and drunkenly stammer about my quest to it and hope it understands me so it takes me to the place to get the thing I forgot what was because I'm drunk.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2020, 06:17:10 am »

“I’m sorry, after the battle I can help you find century old elm. For now, can you tell me what each potion does?” If there are ice or cold related potions throw them at the orb, if not, pick any damage causing non fire potions to throw at the orb

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2020, 06:37:18 am »

*Howl*

Start traveling towards the demon lands, the firefighters can deal with the newly reduced flaming orb.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2020, 07:04:50 am »

Unleash a dragon-like growl to show my frustration, then wander in the direction of the dark/demon/ whatever-it’s-called lands, picking up a sword and some fruit on the way

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2020, 08:33:31 am »

Proceed onwards. If on the way I locate a suitable magical focus that is either for sale or not already the possession of a person protected by law, do what I can to acquire it.

[Didn't notice the river thing.]

Teleport across the river, bypassing the bridge and its toll. Then proceed onwards and search for a magic focus I can make use of.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:19:55 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2020, 10:32:48 am »

((Fuck, I've almost forgotten that I was in this game))

Throw an axe at the man with the red flag, then loot his corpse for money he collected from all the tolling he did.
Cross the bridge with my drunken sea raider companion.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2020, 12:26:33 pm »

I'm Alice, a professional sword retriever! You see, the weaponsmith, she's drunk and clumsy and keeps dropping swords down the well, trying to quench them or whatever, so she pay me a few copper to climb down and get them back for her. I haven't really managed to make money any other way, so that's my profession. This makes me very qualified.

Um, first order is to use my skills to acquire a sword. By which I mean use the money I've saved to go buy one from the weaponsmith, without calling her a fat bitch this time. That would be a terribly inconvenient thing to accidentally do, haha.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2020, 02:55:25 pm »

Keep heading in the same direction (that is, east, also known as sunrisewards). With any luck, eventually there will be another sign that I'm getting closer to the border.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2020, 09:14:09 pm »

Get a stick and head off for adventure!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2020, 08:26:35 am »

I am Pheldrick the Freelance Executioner.   
For some years now I have made a living by travelling from settlement to settlement of the civilised world (the Kingdom of Light, mostly) and hacking the heads off of its worst criminals. On request I will do most any other method of execution, too, of course - anything from a boring old hanging to the melting of the flesh by means of experimental alchemical concoctions - but a simple swing of the ol' axe remains, by far, my favourite.   

In fact, I have a whole travelling kit of axes strapped to my back, usually covered by a black cape. A variety of axes in a sharp-looking canvas case, custom made to behead or dismember villains of all shapes and sizes! That, along with my executioner's hood and leather bracers, are what I bring to the table and/or (adventuring) party.   
For, while executing executions is steady, fulfilling work, it's not exactly the way to build one's fortune. Now I've decided to turn my particular skillset to adventuring, instead. Once I've retrieved the Sacred Sword my wish will be for a small, humble holding of my own somewhere in the kingdom, setting me up with a steady source of income that I might devote my time to pursuing beheading as a hobby, not a job.   

Acquire a trusty cheap steed of some description, ensure I have sufficient sharpening gear to keep all my axes in tip-top shape, then set off for the demon lands with reasonable haste. I will gladly fall in with any other groups or individuals heading in that direction.           
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]