Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released  (Read 208356 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released
« on: March 01, 2020, 12:14:42 am »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Our second leap day release!  Fixes old and new this time.  From the new category, aside from crashes, marriages were being dissolved frequently and friendly visiting experiments were breaking too much furniture.  Among the older bugs fixed, we've got the one where people could teleport through walls while fighting or sparring, a loyalty cascade civil war issue, and a creature/item duplication bugs that was corrupting saves.

Barring sudden issues, this will be the final bug-fix release before we get the code work started on the graphical version.  There's a lot left to fix before that version is ready to be released, and we'll be doing parallel bug fix releases as the graphics stuff progresses.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed w.g. crash related to society infiltration
   (*) Fixed w.g. crash related to variable position creation
   (*) Fixed crash involving misbehaving roads
   (*) Fixed loyalty cascade due to death of questers etc. that had positive relationships with fort dwarves
   (*) Stopped charge collisions from teleporting people through walls
   (*) Fixed save corruption/duplication related to fort/adv retirement
   (*) Stopped dwarves from silently dissolving their marriages when they make a close friend
   (*) Stopped large visitors and residents from seeking and destroying buildings even if they do so as invaders
   (*) Stopped overwide shrines in npc forts from flooding the underground
   (*) Fixed issue causing broken castle maps

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Stopped pantheons of mortal races from frequently having very high numbers of deities
   (*) Fixed summon effects for small-sized creatures
   (*) Removed building destroyer/trample/trapavoid from smaller procedural creatures
   (*) Made divorce thought appear properly
   (*) Added stone altar building job
   (*) Fixed broken reunion historical entry
   (*) Removed various forgotten beast traits from experiments
   (*) Corrected issue with rumor system
   (*) Made item creation interactions work harder to select a material if none is provided
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 12:17:28 am »

Thanks, Toady!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 12:23:10 am »

Excellent, so this means we can now put Building_Destroyer back on our big civilized modded races and they'll smash stuff as invaders, but hang out and dance with the dwarves as visitors instead of seeking cabinets to knock over?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 12:27:03 am »

Yeah, should work now.  Separately, I also removed building destroyer from some of the experiments anyway, since they were regular sized humanoids and were borrowing some stuff from night trolls and forgotten beasts they shouldn't have.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 12:39:21 am »

Leopard geckos were updated as it mentions in the file_changes, but giant leopard geckos are still liked for their amazing sticky feet.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 01:01:26 am »

Ha ha, I guess I know what the first job is for the parallel releases, assuming this release isn't fatally flawed.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 01:02:59 am »

Awesome, these are some huge bug fixes! Although, I love the idea of teleporting chargers...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:04:34 am by delphonso »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 01:09:13 am »

Never even noticed stone altars weren't at the workshop, my manager always got them made regardless.  :)
So it looks like we're we going to have to put up with necromancer visitors for a while longer?

--
Gods seem a lot more sane. My civ of 10,000 dwarves has 7 gods.
In the starting seven of my new fortress, five dwarves worship the same god over two different religions, while the other two worship a different god each. No-one worships multiple gods.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 02:26:18 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 02:52:30 am »

(*) Removed building destroyer/trample/trapavoid from smaller procedural creatures

Does this mean that experiments in necromancer armies will no longer be building destroyers/immune to traps? (Sans the giant amalgamations and blobs?)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 02:57:36 am by Mooply »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 03:01:33 am »

Does this mean that experiments in necromancer armies will no longer be building destroyers/immune to traps? (Sans the giant amalgamations and blobs?)
This would mean that, yes. But it depends on what counts as "small". Some regular experiments are specifically described as "very large". While others (especially the failures) are specifically described as "very small".

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 03:13:09 am »

ok so tested if you could mess around with dark fortresses in this update by swapping goblins for humans and it seems like that's still a no but I got a crash on world generation at year 2 vs getting a crash on placement so there a slight improvement there, going to see if this result is repeatable.

edit: hmm ok so it seems like the game accepted the changes I did with dark fortresses on the second attempt, and generated a world up to 50 before pausing it.

edit 2: the second attempt that work was with Dwarves in a dark fortress and not humans, and testing with humans again in a dark fortress seems to crash after generating for sometime.

edit 3: ok it seems like dark fortresses will not crash if you have another entity that shares the same main Civ creature. like if you make an entity that has humans running a dark fortress the game wouldn't crash if you also have another entity that also has humans which leads to the weird idea of dark fortresses requiring the modder to make a separate not dark fortress faction that share the same creature.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 03:52:33 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 04:04:43 am »

Congratulations to Toady (and Threetoe) on getting this out the door so the graphics itch can finally start being scratched. I'd expect it to be a relief to be able to start to deal with that!

That's not to say I don't look forward to 0.47.05 with more bug fixes eventually (and trying out the parallel development process), but I don't expect that to happen until the artists have gotten something to work with.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 04:46:51 am »

Many thanks Toady lots of great stuff. PTW.

Now i can build my huge immese temple complexes & probably put my priest dwarves to work on a much much larger demographic to tell sermons to.

edit 3: ok it seems like dark fortresses will not crash if you have another entity that shares the same main Civ creature. like if you make an entity that has humans running a dark fortress the game wouldn't crash if you also have another entity that also has humans which leads to the weird idea of dark fortresses requiring the modder to make a separate not dark fortress faction that share the same creature.

I think i'll have fun theorycrafting a resolution to that, but mostly the difficulties experienced in the previous version were around nobles and the fact that on-site ones (as opposed to offsite) that weren't culled to pull up a fresh embark with no leader or positions crashed if you attempted to bypass the cull with custom positions. Creature needing to be different and offsite is brand new but hopefully ill get into the heart of it and its limitations eventually.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 05:22:09 am »

No news on https://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11014 ? Ack. It's still killing my forts.

Very happy about the building destroyer thing though. Means I don't have to murder certain visitors with dfhack.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 05:42:01 am »

Yyeah I'm still getting crashes like rum mentioned - much more early on than previously too (been getting them as early as civ placing to a 2-9 range on medium worlds). Rawset I use - there's a file with dark pits civs on the outside of the objects folder, I did some small tests and even without dark pits civs it still appears to crash.

Seeds:

Small world,  short history, high civs, sites and savagery, very high beasts and minerals. Crash at year 2.
CREATE WORLD NOW = 3244545
 Seed: 1jGedAcAqKprJvB5dCdS
 History Seed: PsYtASbYorxA3GFKtLtk
 Name Seed: 9de9R6vn5IXC6V5rr1Fc
 Creature Seed: ijgySGoK2Eybe5caMrBW

Rest are medium world, short history, high civs, sites and savagery, very high beasts and minerals.

Crash at year 64
Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 4244545
 Seed: pN0Ut68Yw2Pr7JrBf8Lq
 History Seed: lUAjistiqbf4dgT07X3a
 Name Seed: 9BMf3EL5n65IsRLFl1ZM
 Creature Seed: oz4WguiOSU6fyBkMOFfe

Crash after finishing civ placement
Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 4244545
 Seed: 2iekewuua0eIIGwKe2wI
 History Seed: GqcU20CUGgGK0ioOMAEk
 Name Seed: auIiqIuUImowui6KaQUy
 Creature Seed: SoSmWo8SSmEAOIqSwCIm