Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released  (Read 208786 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 05:55:00 am »

Id go as far as to remove [SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] from your code Zm5 (for a lack of site positions custom defined) because dark tower sites already have default (like totally probably unintended default) Lords in pits that are also market sites. Wheras offsite nobles which you have none don't affect a single creature goblin civ in my own testing where i keep hands off with [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] & a culled expedition leader for a nobleless site, successfully recreated in 47.04

A discrepency between 47.04 and 44.12's Dark_Fortresses that instead of having one market tower servicing a vast amount of pits, there are now lots of 'lord' pits who are inappropriate market sites and probably throws the definition of a player fortress as a market out of whack. This is all stuff i've come about as a point of my observations  which i elaborated on in my previous post and my posts on the official modding thread.

I could probably alternatively suggest that the player's site is changed in definition to a tower respective to whichever site to mirror the design of their parent civilization and subtly affect things in a wider regard, but the details can probably be held-off for a suggestion thread.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2020, 06:32:47 am »

Well, I did some more tests with the dark pits civs in play again with variable positions removed and EXCLUSIVE_START_BIOME added, still crashes, so I guess that's not it.
Following seeds crash with those changes applied

Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 4244545
 Seed: rHicramuMKzjxzRbdsxS
 History Seed: XQMvS25acFHSTWX0v7fa
 Name Seed: 1fefrcJTD8ViMjFB9p74
 Creature Seed: M9U8owQaEagjSb86Urp6

Seed: xlowXUOUYkhPpfT37iZG
 History Seed: VUWVgCFmu9pmziry1nt4
 Name Seed: hfy7rUPjX8RqeRvrbjdC
 Creature Seed: gx6MCIqSKEIT61mamLr2

Seed: jfaUvAo644JJlXBfzSTi
 History Seed: jSk9UwZIGPjK9ixkHBjS
 Name Seed: bd2DtyDJbeTMSbJjjTFA
 Creature Seed: ivyAIciw4MgNINUu8h5S

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 09:54:39 am »

My fort in .04 after just 5 minutes of running it, just descended into a civil war after a goblin thief appeared in my dining hall. A bunch of civilians piled up on the thief, resulting in most likely a stray tumble or punch hitting dwarf to dwarf, and caused a loyalty cascade which killed off 20 of my dwarves.

Also lost another marksdwarf to Quantum Fortifications which made him phase to the other side, RIP.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:59:25 am by Orkel »
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 10:21:18 am »

Retested the params linked in this post for crash,
and it doesn't crash anymore though it's not necessarily the same history.

PS: Thanks for the release, I definitely like the fixes.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 01:07:57 pm »

Functional vermin spawning?  At long last, we can fulfill the dream of chickens that lay live bees!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 01:30:28 pm »

Loyalty cascade bug #0011046 is still occurring.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 05:00:00 pm »

Also lost another marksdwarf to Quantum Fortifications which made him phase to the other side, RIP.
Yeah, that's a different bug apparently. Not the one which was fixed.

Quote from: Orkel on February 23, 2020, 06:49:50 am
With bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7444 fixed, does it also simultaneously fix the issue with Marksdwarves dodging through fortifications or is it a different cause for that bug?

Toadyone:
This is likely different as fortifications are a mess - the game treats them as arrow slits or crenelations depending on where you look, and it needs to be made consistent, which is a largeish task.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2020, 03:12:35 am »

hmm wonder what's the reason for why you can't build or set up a guildhall in adventure mode?
like the game seems to crash when ever setting up the location, though I do wonder what use would a guild hall even Be for adventurer given you can't do any of the assigned skills outside of carpentry, and maybe train up a bunch of rangers?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 03:16:31 am »

@ZM5: Have you verified that the crashes are repeatable? I tried one posted on the bug tracker, and it failed the first time and succeeded the following 2 times (didn't do more, since the successful attempts took about ½ hour).

Repeatable crashes that happen quickly are great for fault finding, while non repeatable ones are a major pain, although if some have a decent crash frequency they might still be of use.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 07:45:22 am »

What RAW was changed in 47.04?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 09:02:35 am »

Jolly good work, Master Toady!

*uses WinMerge code comparison tool*
Nothing except [CREATURE:GECKO_LEOPARD] description and prefstring.

*tests OldGenesis worldgen crashing*
small island: Year 33 crash, year 32 crash, 33 crash, 33 crash... very consistent! No success beyond year 33.
createnow-defaults: year 117 crash, year 15 crash, 35 crash.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:25:55 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 09:23:22 am »

All changes are in file_changes.txt (leopard geckos, as mentioned above, found in creature_desert_new.txt).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:26:10 am by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2020, 09:31:52 am »

Miscallenous thing, but the entire time of playing 47.xx all the way up to 47.04 and about four or five fortresses (whether they were successful to keep playing or not) i have not seen one foundation of a economic site dwarf hillocks for me to connect to and send/recall dwarves rather than elves & goblins travelling great distances to found their own often soon to be hostile sites.

Im starting to think that dwarves cross migrating/currently spying are confusing the system or some other factor.

Forests have a overlap through elves and goblins (everywhere else) so it would be interesting to see if restricting dwarves to a parallel biome_support of hills & mountains only would work, because breakneck speed baronies a big burdens. Its not like we can engage in any sort of guranteed tribute approval from the economic site anyway.

It actually gets worse from that point if you kept playing that attached URL, i forget but I think i got up to 250 non-dwarves attached since there was a big rush to settle near me.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:41:15 am by FantasticDorf »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2020, 09:35:07 am »

Miscallenous thing, but the entire time of playing 47.xx all the way up to 47.04 and about four or five fortresses (whether they were successful to keep playing or not) i have not seen one foundation of a economic site dwarf hillocks for me to connect to and send/recall dwarves rather than elves & goblins travelling great distances to found their own often soon to be hostile sites.

Im starting to think that dwarves cross migrating/currently spying are confusing the system or some other factor.

Forests have a overlap through elves and goblins (everywhere else) so it would be interesting to see if restricting dwarves to a parallel biome_support of hills & mountains only would work, because breakneck speed baronies a big burdens. Its not like we can engage in any sort of guranteed tribute approval from the economic site anyway.
I very rarely saw them in 44.12 either. Mostly caves, hamlets and dark pits and stuff. Play more, make sure you're in/near a biome that supports hillocks.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2020, 10:09:22 am »

@ZM5: Have you verified that the crashes are repeatable? I tried one posted on the bug tracker, and it failed the first time and succeeded the following 2 times (didn't do more, since the successful attempts took about ½ hour).

Repeatable crashes that happen quickly are great for fault finding, while non repeatable ones are a major pain, although if some have a decent crash frequency they might still be of use.
Yeah, I ran the crash on civ placement ones thrice each and they consistently crash at the same spot, same for the 64 year one. Would have to rerun the ones with the dark pits civs later to see if they're totally consistent.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10