Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released  (Read 208798 times)

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2020, 10:13:01 am »

Miscallenous thing, but the entire time of playing 47.xx all the way up to 47.04 and about four or five fortresses (whether they were successful to keep playing or not) i have not seen one foundation of a economic site dwarf hillocks for me to connect to and send/recall dwarves rather than elves & goblins travelling great distances to found their own often soon to be hostile sites.

Im starting to think that dwarves cross migrating/currently spying are confusing the system or some other factor.

Forests have a overlap through elves and goblins (everywhere else) so it would be interesting to see if restricting dwarves to a parallel biome_support of hills & mountains only would work, because breakneck speed baronies a big burdens. Its not like we can engage in any sort of guranteed tribute approval from the economic site anyway.

It actually gets worse from that point if you kept playing that attached URL, i forget but I think i got up to 250 non-dwarves attached since there was a big rush to settle near me.

In my main fort which I ran from 47.02 to 47.04 I had multiple economic sites formed near my fort and linked to me (6+) so I have not encountered this issue yet.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2020, 10:40:01 am »

In my main fort which I ran from 47.02 to 47.04 I had multiple economic sites formed near my fort and linked to me (6+) so I have not encountered this issue yet.

But were they dwarves where you can actually interact with to expel/recall people to those sites?

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2020, 10:50:13 am »

But were they dwarves where you can actually interact with to expel/recall people to those sites?

Yeah I requested a couple of workers from the sites and they arrived normally. Though both of them were set as "Merchant" status, per this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10921
I never expelled anyone so I cannot say if that part worked.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2020, 04:11:59 pm »

Expel works regardless of site owner. It's call and recall that you need dwarf sites or conquered sites for.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:14:03 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2020, 01:18:23 pm »

Uploading to Mantis Tracker as we speak but i've found a very amusing imminent bug.

Loyalty cascade bug #0011046 is still occurring.

It turns out that if you engage in any sort of squad combat versus opponents like wildlife. Dwarves will selfishly fufill needs on the 47.03 stress tweak behaviour and pile in if they have any related unsatisfied need, in their eyes punching a animal in a brawl counts as 'Helping Somebody' 'Exitement Seeking' 'Practicing a Martial Art' & need to fight.
  • To this end you can throw weak animals into a pit and allow the public to punch up declawed captured beasts and uh... give your hospital staff more work
Dwarves honestly need a hobby like boxing, because this is silly. Sport has been a very popular suggestion for a long while. The implications of this bug is that dwarves will selfishly punch whenever you designate a visitor in a hostile encounter, who in turn will offend all their friends and then punch them until everyone starts punching each other explosively until the need is fufulled.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 02:15:04 pm by FantasticDorf »

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2020, 05:30:24 pm »

Can confirm loyalty cascades are happening in every fort, as soon as anyone starts a bar brawl of any shape or size it all kicks off.
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2020, 05:41:37 pm »

Uploading to Mantis Tracker as we speak but i've found a very amusing imminent bug.

Loyalty cascade bug #0011046 is still occurring.

It turns out that if you engage in any sort of squad combat versus opponents like wildlife. Dwarves will selfishly fufill needs on the 47.03 stress tweak behaviour and pile in if they have any related unsatisfied need, in their eyes punching a animal in a brawl counts as 'Helping Somebody' 'Exitement Seeking' 'Practicing a Martial Art' & need to fight.
  • To this end you can throw weak animals into a pit and allow the public to punch up declawed captured beasts and uh... give your hospital staff more work
Dwarves honestly need a hobby like boxing, because this is silly. Sport has been a very popular suggestion for a long while. The implications of this bug is that dwarves will selfishly punch whenever you designate a visitor in a hostile encounter, who in turn will offend all their friends and then punch them until everyone starts punching each other explosively until the need is fufulled.

That one seems more like a feature than a bug.  Why shouldn't dwarves with an unfulfilled need for brawling join in when they see a fight going on?
Seems like a good incentive to stick your more rowdy dwarves in the military and set them up for regular combat training.  Kind of micromanagey, but that's Dwarf Fortress for you.
I assume sports are planned at some point, because competitions show up in worldgen.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2020, 05:47:10 pm »

So, I forget, is history currently not repeating exactly the same even if you use the same seed (including history, name and creature)? Or is a not-repeating seed a bug that needs reporting?
Had a worldgen crash, but history generated differently (different number of events, different site locations, etc) each time I tried the seeds again.

--edit

Well, everything is replicating down to the number of events now. It was just the first time when it crashed that things went differently (there were far more events for a start).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 08:16:58 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2020, 06:23:52 pm »

That one seems more like a feature than a bug.  Why shouldn't dwarves with an unfulfilled need for brawling join in when they see a fight going on?
Seems like a good incentive to stick your more rowdy dwarves in the military and set them up for regular combat training.  Kind of micromanagey, but that's Dwarf Fortress for you.

It isn't the same really, its engaged clumsily in self defence & designations that mass endangers the fort because nothing like size or even if its a mega-beast is took into consideration, its just a free-fight. Like i've updated in the detail of my issue report, a completely craven personality dwarf had a counterbalanced martial desire, and soon as they fufilled their violent aspect, they turned tail and ran suddenly remembering they were a coward after they'd finished the quartered conflict.

Off duty militia members don't really care after they've had their fill of 'existing conflict' + needs, i had some completely lose interest in a Giant Langur after they were previously assigned to kill a few for a long time and immediately dropped the activity when unassigned the squad order. In 44.12 they would have chased that Langur until they actually physically died of thirst/hunger without backpack & flask or lost track of it by it going somewhere inaccessible or off map but that's testament to how well the 47.03 need & stress tweaks have worked.
  • On a side note, the vengeful thoughts created by buzzards may be stemmed from this process, dwarves want to punch the birds but can't with the pathing and all the thoughts are pretty heavy on the stress counter
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:25:40 pm by FantasticDorf »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2020, 07:32:13 pm »

A cowardly dwarf saw people beating someone up, got himself a free kick in to satisfy some dark urge and then ran away before he got into trouble. Yes, sounds completely reasonable.

Alright, you have a point, but your examples aren't helping you much.  :)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2020, 11:20:41 pm »

Hmm. Second crash in two days playing with 47.04. I'm crashing on Legends Mode export detailed map, standard biome+site map. A medium region world crashes (always) at column 10 and a large region which crashes on column 86 (always).
#0007556 seems to be an old bug report with the same problem.

Both saves are pretty big, medium region with fairly massive history and large region just big 'cos it's large. But I'll upload them if this is something completely new for this version that can be fixed with help of a save.

All other worlds I've made since 47.04 came out exported OK (including worlds made in between these two crashing worlds).

(In other news I no longer seem to be able to search on Mantis using my phone. Any keyword I search for brings up the full list. PC works OK).

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2020, 02:38:21 am »

Less of a bug than an oversight, but attack-type interactions, be it shooting shards of ice or magically crushing someone's lungs, are not recognized by targets as attacks, allowing you to slaughter entire villages without anyone reacting.  Now that offensive magic is a thing in unmodded games, this should probably be fixed.

On the other side of the coin, sneaking enemies are completely invincible, though it looks like they can target a stealthed player just fine.  Also needs fixing now that there are vanilla night creatures with HIDE interactions.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2020, 07:23:25 pm »

Whoa.
Removing NO_EAT and NO_DRINK from all OldGenesis civs seems to have fixed all the worldgen crashes!
No more year 12, year 30, year 32, year 120 crashes.
Thanks Fatace!

See thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175884.msg8105177#msg8105177
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2020, 07:39:55 pm »

Whoa.
Removing NO_EAT and NO_DRINK from all OldGenesis civs seems to have fixed all the worldgen crashes!
Thanks Fatace!

See thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175884.msg8105177#msg8105177
Bug report here with steps to reproduce.
Please add any info you think might help.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11458

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2020, 04:21:10 am »

Whoa.
Thanks Fatace!

Bug report here with steps to reproduce.
Please add any info you think might help.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11458

Huh, its actually working. Bizarre, I wonder what the underlying cause is?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10