Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released  (Read 208848 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2020, 04:51:32 am »

Whoa.
Removing NO_EAT and NO_DRINK from all OldGenesis civs seems to have fixed all the worldgen crashes!
No more year 12, year 30, year 32, year 120 crashes.
Thanks Fatace!

See thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175884.msg8105177#msg8105177
Bug report here with steps to reproduce.
Please add any info you think might help.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11458

Huh, its actually working. Bizarre, I wonder what the underlying cause is?
Explosion of livestock? Overwhelming bone piles (try adding the bone-eating tag like goblins have, see if that works).

Odd it only started in 47.x though so my guesses probably way off.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2020, 05:11:33 am »

This is a very mysterious one, but well done sussing it out.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2020, 06:03:51 am »

My intuition tells me its probably something to do with custom officials, since they have food related responsibilities, but im yet to confirm that in the jump and change in behaviour from 44.12 to 47.xx .

Code: [Select]
CUSTOM_OFFICIAL#6 = butler [RESPONSIBILITY:MANAGE_LEADER_HOUSEHOLD_FOOD][RESPONSIBILITY:PREPARE_LEADER_MEALS]

CUSTOM_MARKET_OFFICIAL_#1 = grain official [RESPONSIBILITY:FOOD_SUPPLY]

They probably can't be "stopped" from spawning but maybe a player custom position override would help. Alternatively [NO_DRINK] might crash with MANAGE_LEADER_HOUSEHOLD_DRINK] if this is the case, and any number of things might apply, like Goblins having no agriculture & carnivorous lifestyles but the grain official might expect a farm-yield & ignore that goblins dont have planters since carnivorous civs have errors about civ-level food concerns if they dont have hunters, but really there's no way to be sure without further experimentation.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:05:23 am by FantasticDorf »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2020, 06:21:02 am »

Explosion of livestock? Overwhelming bone piles (try adding the bone-eating tag like goblins have, see if that works).
Odd it only started in 47.x though so my guesses probably way off.
It did feel like some infinite-loop type pause in the worldgen screen, before crash.

My intuition tells me its probably something to do with custom officials, since they have food related responsibilities, but im yet to confirm that in the jump and change in behaviour from 44.12 to 47.xx .
The OldGenesis worldgen crashes became wayyy more common on the jump from 47.03 to 47.04.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:24:09 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2020, 09:22:12 am »

In Vanilla raws, adding [NO_EAT] to Dwarves and Humans crashes, while Elves and Kobolds seem fine with it.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2020, 07:58:07 pm »

Just reposting from a thread in the Adventurer where perhaps few will see it. Dungeons appear to be missing in 47.x. Towns have sewers, catacombs but never dungeons. There were always several in 44.12 worlds.

Anyone got a world with a dungeon (in Structures) in 47.04?

risusinf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2020, 11:12:25 pm »

Had an amusing situation when a dwarf was brought in for interrogation at the very moment when he was trying to steal an artifact. He confessed to intention and revealed a mastermind behind the plan. Immediately after that he procedeed and stole the artifact anyway.

Some continuation.

So after confession the dwarf went and stole the artifact. He then met the ringleader, they did a little dance in the hallway, and the artifact changed ownership. Unfortunately, my captain of the guard went to sleep right after the interrogation and was unable to catch up with the guy, who quickly embarked on leaving. My military squads managed to intercept him on the edge of the map and took him off. The artifact was returned, the body was dumped into magma, and i thought i'd never be able to find out what that all was about now that the ringleader was dead. However rather soon i noticed captain of the guard heading his way out towards the place where the plotter was killed. He stood there for a brief moment, went back to his office (alone) and came up with an interrogation report with information... from the dead guy.

Possibly i ordered CotG to interrogate him before CotG went to sleep, so he proceeded with the order on waking up, and it worked out despite the subject was already deceased.

Preemtive interrogation uncovered a plot that hasn't yet come to motion. 447 days in prison for espionage. That's rough.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:20:11 am by risusinf »

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2020, 11:38:52 am »

Just reposting from a thread in the Adventurer where perhaps few will see it. Dungeons appear to be missing in 47.x. Towns have sewers, catacombs but never dungeons. There were always several in 44.12 worlds.

I just used grep on all my legends files, and yes, there's only sewers and catacombs in my 3 generated worlds too, none with the subtype 'standard'...

For those on linux (and I guess mac), this is the precise command I used:
grep "<type>dungeon</type>" -A1 region*.xml
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2020, 08:08:28 pm »

Game pause, big center announcement:

"Ursit Cresturn has been elected to the position of sacred influence of The Doctrine of Meteors".

Interesting! Except that:
1) Ursit Cresturn is not a citizen of my fortress.
2) Ursit Cresturn is not and has never been a guest at my fortress
3) I don't have a Doctrine of Meteors temple in my fortress
4) There are no members of The Doctrine of Meteors in my fortress

So...why?

--
Oh, wait, was looking at old Legends. Yeah, Urist passed by as a guest last Autumn. Then left. Still, not sure I needed to know so dramatically about his being made priest of some religion none of my dwarves care about.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 08:53:28 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2020, 03:50:03 am »

I've seen this in regards to being a sheriff & the expedition leader of another site, though normally it goes by too quickly to usually screen-capture. The purple text may mean it in regards to maybe perhaps being a responsible guest for corrupting my dwarves?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2020, 04:06:21 am »

I've seen this in regards to being a sheriff & the expedition leader of another site, though normally it goes by too quickly to usually screen-capture. The purple text may mean it in regards to maybe perhaps being a responsible guest for corrupting my dwarves?
I checked all his Legends info. He just visited, left without trying to corrupt anyone, went around a couple of other places and finally fought in a battle together with the previous sacred influence. That guy was killed and Urist was elected.
I guess it must be because he visited.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2020, 05:16:58 am »

Oh boo. My Adventurer night creature can't pet his dog.
Is that the same for all experiments, or do some get a pet ability?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2020, 12:15:52 pm »

I checked all his Legends info. He just visited, left without trying to corrupt anyone, went around a couple of other places and finally fought in a battle together with the previous sacred influence. That guy was killed and Urist was elected.
Did you save and reload between him visiting and you seeing the message? My though is that he might still be in the units list because of the visit, and so considered relevant because further checks might not be in place to weed out these cases (and I'm not sure when DF decides to offload inactive units).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2020, 03:46:49 pm »

Did you save and reload between him visiting and you seeing the message? My though is that he might still be in the units list because of the visit, and so considered relevant because further checks might not be in place to weed out these cases (and I'm not sure when DF decides to offload inactive units).
There would have been an autosave between the visit and the message, but I don't recall if I actually saved and reloaded.

Apollofunghi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2020, 05:22:08 pm »

I just used grep on all my legends files, and yes, there's only sewers and catacombs in my 3 generated worlds too, none with the subtype 'standard'...

For those on linux (and I guess mac), this is the precise command I used:
grep "<type>dungeon</type>" -A1 region*.xml

I have multiple dungeons in worlds generated in 47.02. What happened in .03/.04 that might impact dungeons? maybe one of these?

Quote from: devlog
  • Stopped overwide shrines in npc forts from flooding the underground
  • Fixed issue causing broken castle maps
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10