Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released  (Read 208783 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2020, 05:33:00 pm »

Just reposting from a thread in the Adventurer where perhaps few will see it. Dungeons appear to be missing in 47.x. Towns have sewers, catacombs but never dungeons. There were always several in 44.12 worlds.

Anyone got a world with a dungeon (in Structures) in 47.04?
I just used grep on all my legends files, and yes, there's only sewers and catacombs in my 3 generated worlds too, none with the subtype 'standard'...

For those on linux (and I guess mac), this is the precise command I used:
Code: [Select]
grep "<type>dungeon</type>" -A1 region*.xml

I have multiple dungeons in worlds generated in 47.02. What happened in .03/.04 that might impact dungeons? maybe one of these?

Quote from: devlog
  • Stopped overwide shrines in npc forts from flooding the underground
  • Fixed issue causing broken castle maps
Oh, interesting. Will do more tests.
Might even be that they still exist but have become as rare as labyrinths now for some reason (I'm pretty sure I have seen labyrinths in 44.12, but dammed if I can get one to generate now!).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 05:42:06 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Apollofunghi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2020, 06:21:17 pm »

I have multiple dungeons in worlds generated in 47.02. What happened in .03/.04 that might impact dungeons? maybe one of these?

Quote from: devlog
  • Stopped overwide shrines in npc forts from flooding the underground
  • Fixed issue causing broken castle maps
Oh, interesting. Will do more tests.
Might even be that they still exist but have become as rare as labyrinths now for some reason (I'm pretty sure I have seen labyrinths in 44.12, but dammed if I can get one to generate now!).

Actually, never mind. I read your bug report http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11459, and I think I misunderstood.
You're specifically looking for:
    <type>dungeon</type>
    <subtype>standard</subtype>

(which I also didn't see in .02), and not
    <type>dungeon</type>
    <subtype>sewers</subtype>

or,
    <type>dungeon</type>
    <subtype>catacombs</subtype>

(which accounted for all my .02 dungeons)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2020, 09:48:57 pm »

Ah, no need for investigation on this point - I removed standard dungeons in preparation for a better jail underneath keeps as it related to the kidnapping plots, but then we had to push everything off.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2020, 09:55:47 pm »

Ah, no need for investigation on this point - I removed standard dungeons in preparation for a better jail underneath keeps as it related to the kidnapping plots, but then we had to push everything off.
Thank you!
Case closed.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2020, 04:31:28 pm »

Possible workaround for the No_Eat crash. In vanilla raws with No_eat humans or dwarves, removing Fish_Cleaner job from the entity stops it from crashing. Might work in mods too.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11458

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2020, 09:14:13 pm »

Oh and there goes my 4th tavern keeper to die of alcohol abuse.
I understand there's probably some sense of guilt after the position was responsible for killing so many in 44.12 but this is getting silly.

"He is ruled by irresistible cravings and urges". Perhaps not the best guy to let loose at the booze. I've reset and followed him a few times (the pattern is always different but he eventually kills himself each time). As far as I can tell, he's getting a serve order, and drinking the booze himself before delivering it.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2020, 04:31:46 pm »

Oh and there goes my 4th tavern keeper to die of alcohol abuse.
I understand there's probably some sense of guilt after the position was responsible for killing so many in 44.12 but this is getting silly.

"He is ruled by irresistible cravings and urges". Perhaps not the best guy to let loose at the booze. I've reset and followed him a few times (the pattern is always different but he eventually kills himself each time). As far as I can tell, he's getting a serve order, and drinking the booze himself before delivering it.

It's definitely suboptimal the way it is. The common advice I see given (and follow myself,) is basically to subvert the tavern mechanics entirely by placing the booze stockpile outside the actual location, not adding a container or assigning goblets to it, and making sure to not have any stockpiles that allow goblets at all, resulting in dwarves dropping goblets neatly next to the barrels where they're handy for the next dwarf. Otherwise it's just one problem after another with dead dwarves, endless mug hauling, and cancelled drinks as the tavernkeeper snatches up goblets dwarves are planning to use. You can get similar results by not assigning tavern staff, of course, but I feel tavern specific tavern staff are good for socialization.
Team Bug Fix!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2020, 07:49:00 pm »

Since I was already saved before he died so I could check out his actions a few times, I resumed play by replacing him with someone more stable. That worked.
Otherwise I don't really have issues with the tavern keeper system as it is. Especially in 47.04.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 11:23:35 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

charming.snark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2020, 05:51:14 pm »

I generated a bunch of default worlds overnight and didn't see any crashes. Nice!

Still managing to crash maybe 10% of long-history pocket worlds. Although maybe only half of those crashes are repeatable.

Here's a batch of repeatable ones. The settings come from the 0.47.04 non-advanced world creator (pocket, long, medium, sparse).

Cereteelathu, "The Infinite Domain"
Year 971
http://vpaste.net/MuI5o

Lina Ametha, "The Land of Winds"
Year 489
http://vpaste.net/GauGe

Elathu Mare, "The Domain of Soul"
Year 561
http://vpaste.net/Blhdh

Nitom Num, "The Planet of Winds"
Year 286
http://vpaste.net/idw6c

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2020, 08:15:56 pm »

I'm continuing to get merchant bugs. I know this isn't new, but I feel it's a bit more common in this version. Either that, or more noticable due to the higher frequency of seiges... Anyone else feel these are happening with more frequency?

(Specifically, wagons never unloading. Even listing "no merchants visiting" meaning I can't even move goods to the depot.)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2020, 10:01:26 pm »

I'm continuing to get merchant bugs. I know this isn't new, but I feel it's a bit more common in this version. Either that, or more noticable due to the higher frequency of seiges... Anyone else feel these are happening with more frequency?

(Specifically, wagons never unloading. Even listing "no merchants visiting" meaning I can't even move goods to the depot.)
None yet. Although very rarely had them in 44.12. "Werewolf attack freezes wagon" once. They scuttled and left after saving and reloading

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2020, 07:25:42 am »

I generated a bunch of default worlds overnight and didn't see any crashes. Nice!
Still managing to crash maybe 10% of long-history pocket worlds. Although maybe only half of those crashes are repeatable.

Thank you for testing!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2020, 04:03:35 am »

Ok, this is new to me. Anyone seen this?
Human caravan and head treasurer (the new human diplomat type) arrived. The moment they appear I get the screen "a diplomat has left unhappy".

Caravan is at the edge of the map about to roll in, no creatures on the map, no obstacles, no reason for the damn diplomat to get upset. Weird. It's kind of like a Hello-Goodbye siege, but with a diplomat.

Summer's only just begun, I'll see if it's repeatable from my autosave.

--
Oh good, it happens every time regardless of where the merchant caravan enters the map.

--
Possible loyalty issue. The Head Treasurer, although human was born in a goblin civ. Her friends are goblins. She was picked to be head treasurer for no apparent reason despite living her entire life in a Dark Fortress.

Her mother was also born and raised in the Dark Fortress. She became Lady of a goblin group at some point and also has a bunch of goblin friends.

It all started her grandmother. A merchant from the human civ. She (for whatever reason) spent most of her time trading with the Dark Fortress. Then one day, she decided life with goblins was more interesting so moved to there permanently.

So....possible conflict of interest going on causing her to feel threatened and leave upon arrival.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:07:23 am by Shonai_Dweller »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2020, 12:05:13 pm »

I assume you don't have a problem with whoever the diplomat is supposed to meet, such as being out on a raid, or locked in, or something like that? I believe those kind of issues could cause trouble in the past.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2020, 04:44:01 pm »

I assume you don't have a problem with whoever the diplomat is supposed to meet, such as being out on a raid, or locked in, or something like that? I believe those kind of issues could cause trouble in the past.
Nope. Expedition leader is on the map, available and has a tounge. I checked all the usual culprits.  :)

--
The following year the head treasurer (same person) came again and happily negotiated with us. So probably not the goblin thing.
Maybe he needed a mayor to talk to? Has anyone chatted with a human treasurer while they still have an expedition leader?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:30:54 pm by Shonai_Dweller »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10