Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released  (Read 71192 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04 Released
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2020, 09:52:14 pm »

Hello, I've been following the latest Kruggsmash series scorchfountain, and I 've noticed that in his game there are Necromancers literally everywhere. Migrants, villains, bandits, everywhere.
Is that specific to his world or is that a trend? It feels very odd.
I haven't played DF in a long time, that's why I'm asking :)
New bug introduced in 47.01. Necromancer visitors and migrants.

Also various necromancer enhancements (new beasts, zombie apocalypse style invasions, etc) ensured that most old worlds are full of them now. The Scorchfountain world is pretty typical (I seem to recall he ran it for a few thousand years).

So it is considered abnormal in the way that it's going to be fixed/improved, right?
Yeah, there are two bugs. One is the guaranteed takeover of the world by necros after 800 years or so. Tarn said in a recent interview that, while it's nice to be able to show off the new necro stuff, it requires tweaking to not happen all the time.

Second is the necro visitors and migrants. They shouldn't happen and the game doesn't work well enough with them to let them continue. So it's likely to be just removed until more work on how everyone reacts to weird magical stuff is added (coming up in Mythgen development arc possibly).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]