Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (Registration) [6/10 Slot]  (Read 26192 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Corruption RPG (Registration) [6/10 Slot]
« on: March 03, 2020, 11:30:33 am »

Hello there folks!

You are hired!! Just kidding we're all going to die, BUT! With your help by providing extra forces to our military we can reduce the amount of unholy creatures plaguing the land of Solaph, we may survive for another year.. Maybe? The military accept any fodder willing to sacrifice themselves to protect the innocents of this city. If you survive the battle, we will reward you accordingly. Thank you for your bravery and onward to victory soldiers.

Description

The land of Solaph, once a peaceful ground, sullied by those corrupted beings that prey on other creatures in this world. Those corrupted creatures that was once a normal beings are seeking others either to convert them into one of them or turn them into their food. No one knows who created those horrid nightmare creatures until someone who declared itself as DARK LORD, claimed that it was the one responsible for corrupting every creatures in this world. A hero(NOT YOU) is seeking to fight against this evil being. And it is your job to not do and kill this evil being dark lord and instead do guard duty to protect the citizens.

* [This RPG is heavily focused on combat and teamwork strategy.]
* [Super serious, dark toned, grim, creepy RP, but if someone dies it would be funny(to me at least)]
* [The settings are somewhat loose, any guns or magics are fine with a bit of limitation. No time traveling gadgets or any of that kind though or reality bending peanut.. maybe later]

--

Character sheet

Name:
Character description: [age, sex, location, race, orc? elf? basically describe who and what your character is in this section]
Equipment: [What you use on the battlefield]
Abilities: [What you can do on the battlefield]
Roles: [Your roles in the team, Divided into Tanks,Dps,Support]

* [No limitations in your actions, just dont go overboard or do something stupid or you'll get penalized]
* [Each players are all given equally 10/10HP]
* [Your stats match with your character description, equipment and abilities]
* [The RP is based around GM decision, so if i say go then GO]
* [Players level up after completing a mission and they may upgrade one of their equipment/ability or just add another one]
* [Phases are separated into 2 section which is (Battle Phase) and (Stand by Phase), (Battle Phase) is pretty clear, you RP against a monster while (Stand by phase) is just a cutscene about the current situation of the world, the characters and the players.You can interact with other players during this phase, up to you, theres no reward for it though]
* [Maximum of 8 Slots, new player can join if other players die or resigned or just became a statue]

** [This game is experimental, i dont use template stats, i'm just kinda winging it]
** [I'm a GM rookie so expect me being stupid because i'm inexperienced]
** [There is 2 reserved slots so right now i'm only registering 6 players, the others can wait(?)]

The land of solaph awaits your service and may you prosper in the battlefield soldiers

(Game thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175828.msg8101111#msg8101111)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:25:05 am by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (Registration)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 12:08:20 pm »

Name: Herr Jonas Mannelig
Character description: A male in his late 20s, quarter-troll on his Mother’s side giving him a large build and comparatively tiny horns. The other three-quarters is human, giving him mostly human features including dark black hair, a well trimmed beard, and dark brown eyes. Hails from the most Germany-like nearby location.
Equipment: Jonas typically fights with his Handcannon, shooting things in shooting range while using it as a club in clubbing range.
Abilities: Jonas is capable of opening a “pocket” where he can store items that he can later recover from the pocket at will. Typically uses this ability to pull out extra ammunition, sometimes uses it as a shield to defend from enemy projectile attacks, and occasionally holds things for the rest of the party.
Roles: DPS
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 12:09:20 pm »

Name: Bori Rumskinov
Character description: 25 years, human male. Somewhat tall. Slightly tanned, orange hair. Wears a khaki polo shirt and urban-camo-patterned trousers. Graduated from University of Shooting Big Guns. Very eager to shoot Big Guns.
Equipment: A portable (homemade) one-man mortar, can be loaded with standard mortar rounds or with random junk. A 12 barrel revolver, bullets don't fire half the time. A shovel.
Abilities: Can operate any large caliber gun or artillery piece with great proficiency. Has infinite supply of grenades because he got several trucks worth of them delivered to his home due to a shipping error. Can sing patriotic songs to boost party morale, but can't shoot while he's singing.
Roles: DPS

EDIT: amended character description slightly
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 05:02:59 am by Frank »
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 12:32:15 pm »

Name: Aethyrion

Character description: A fallen angel who was exiled from the heavenly realms. Appears to be a being made entirely of light. Wears a full set of armor, including a winged helm.

Equipment:

* Energy Blade - A glowing blue sword made of holy energy.
* Celestial Rifle - Fires hyper-compressed hellium rounds.
* Otherworldy Armor - Protective attire that wards off dark energies.

Ability:

* Divine Aura - Aura that repels the unholy.
* Divine Logic - Aethyrion can instill a target (hostile) with a cleansing energy, causing them to reconsider their ways and perhaps join Aethyrion in his cause.
* Holy Flash - Heal an ally. May remove negative status effects.

Role: Tank
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 01:39:19 pm »

Name:Dr.Z "Brains" Shamb
Character description-
Sex: Male
Race: Undead, subtype zombie
Equipment: Surgeon's bag, Electrothurgy notebook, needles and several large spools of thread.

Abilities-
Not Quite Dead: Brains is very tough to kill, being that he's already dead. He can and will get up after being struck down as long as his head is intact, though other maiming injuries will severely impede him. He is also quite good at playing dead as a result.

Defibrillate: a strong close ranged shock spell capable of reviving dead allies and frying close enemies. Must be within touching distance to use.

Static shield: Electrically charges an ally, causing them to arc lightning bolts to nearby enemies and deflect most solid projectiles. Brains must maintain focus to keep this ability active.

Roles: Support, Field medic specialization
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 05:58:50 pm »

Name: Shara
Character description:

Sex: N/A, reproduces by budding

Race: Mobile Plant: Mobile Plants are plants that have gained the ability to move, usually by copying the form of animals. Forms are the general shape they take

Form: Spider Plant: This form has eight roots which it uses as legs. It also has a spherical body with one "eye" on the front, a special group of clear cells that sense light. Its whole spherical body is covered in leaves and thorns. When it is mature, it is about the size of a human and will grow baby Spider Plants from the top of it. Maturity takes about 100 years. Shara's body is about the size of a human head, her eight root legs are about half her sphere height when she is standing.

Equipment: None

Abilities:

Thorn Shot: Can shoot thorns at targets. Range depends on the direction of the wind

Leaf Heal: Shara can detach leaves from herself to give to allies to heal them

Roots: Can embed roots into the ground or a creature to eat and heal herself. While embedded, she cannot move.

Thorn Armor: Shara has numerous thorns on her body, which deal piercing damage to creatures that touch her, may cause bleeding

Leafy Body: The leaves on Shara's body allow her to use photosynthesis to create food as well as to heal herself

Roles: Support?

I'm not sure if roots embedding into things would be considered equipment or ability
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 10:00:18 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 07:07:09 pm »

Alright, I guess I'll make an application.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 09:07:13 pm »

Name: Shara
Character description:
Sex: N/A, reproduces by budding
Race: Mobile Plant: Mobile Plants are plants that have gained the ability to move, usually by copying the form of animals. Forms are the general shape they take
Form: Spider Plant: This form has eight roots which it uses as legs. It also has a spherical body with one "eye" on the front, a special group of clear cells that sense light. Its whole spherical body is covered in leaves and thorns. When it is mature, it is about the size of a human and will grow baby Spider Plants from the top of it. Maturity takes about 100 years. Shara's body is about the size of a human head, her eight root legs are about half her sphere height when she is standing.
Equipment: Thorn Armor: Shara has numerous thorns on her body, which deal piercing damage to creatures that touch her, may cause bleeding
Abilities: Thorn Shot: Can shoot thorns at targets. Range depends on the direction of the wind
Leaf Heal: Shara can detach leaves from herself to give to allies to heal them
Roots: Can embed roots into the ground or a creature to heal herself. While embedded, she cannot move.
Roles: Support?

Does this work? Would leaves be considered equipment due to photosynthesis?

If you considered it as such sure, Btw i'll be making each player an individual set pieces to put them on the game(Just to make the game easier to follow), so once the registration is complete i'll start and illustrate your characters based on your character description.. so for those who didnt put that much detail i'll just draw how they'll look roughly

There are still 2 slots left open

If today all players are registered maybe we can start the game by tomorrow.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 09:13:39 pm »

Would roots being able to heal her be considered ability or equipment? What makes something equipment vs abilities?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 09:40:13 pm »

If you ask me...

- If the healing roots are a physical part of your character's body, they are an ability.
- If the roots are like a magic item that you carry around with you then its equipment.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 10:01:08 pm »

Ok, so everything my character has is abilities then. Thank you. Character Sheet edited

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 10:09:32 pm »

For the sake of why not, let's do a thing.

Spoiler: Tower defense! (click to show/hide)

How is he?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 10:22:19 pm »

For the sake of why not, let's do a thing.

Spoiler: Tower defense! (click to show/hide)

How is he?

Good enough though i need a name, if not i'll just name him unknown. There seems to be a lot of support and dps and only 1 tank, the team will get mowed down quickly.

If you ask me...

- If the healing roots are a physical part of your character's body, they are an ability.
- If the roots are like a magic item that you carry around with you then its equipment.

Pretty much this, though equipment like bullets or ammunition are considered unlimited during combat. Except healing potions or consumables.

Also 1 slots left

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 10:46:56 pm »

Feel free to call him unknown. Though if the last slot doesn't get a tank, I'm willing to change to one.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 10:56:03 pm »

If you ask me,
His first name should be "None" and his last name should be "Given".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31