Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 64082 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« on: March 05, 2020, 10:13:59 am »

It was a peaceful day, The fog seems thicker than usual. The king at his palace sitting on his throne and having a chat with his advisor about the recruit he hired and their status. He placed his arm resting his head.

"So, how's the recruitment going?" Ask the brown haired king with his tummy open

"Your majesty, they are more than ready. We need to train them first we must give them a test so we can calculate how capable they are when facing a certain battle. We must-" As the knight in front of him speak, she was interrupted.

"Training, Praining, We don't need that, What we need is to send them off and the tax money that the people collect for them go to me!"

"... Your majesty, you know if we dont have people protecting this city anymore, we're dead right?"

"RRiiiiighhttt... well if they come for me, you guys will protect me right?"

"... Yes.. Your majesty..."

"Well we don't need all of them to die, just keep the generous one live for a bit."

"... Sure, Your majesty"

END SCENE

>>>>>Player Char List

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

>>>Other Characters List

>>>Creatures List

discord: https://discord.gg/gH2EA2f

(OOC THREAD: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175807.0)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:58:57 pm by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 10:14:23 am »

A mysterious creature spawned from the forest and are approaching towards the front gate of the city. A 4 fanged beast taller than an adult male with pale brown skin and a large hole in front of it's face. They crawled slowly towards the gate ready to pounce on the guards. The guards are ready to engage and prepare themselves for a fight.

[Map Area]

Behind you an open gate, while you stand on a wooden bridge connecting into the city and below you is a river with strong current. The creature just appeared behind the bushes and seemed to be interested to enter the city.

*[Be careful of pushing your teammate off the bridge]

[Your objective is to prevent them from entering the city and getting rid all of the creatures]

((The combat has started, Post your actions below in a post and once everyone has submitted their move, all will be tallied into the end of turn simultaneously)).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:35:35 am by Mahoroty »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 10:55:18 am »

"Aw crap, you mean there's actually minions of darkness to fight against? I just wanted to make some easy cash here in this realm place thingamaplace. Welp. Take this, scoundrel!"

Aethyrion lazily fires his rifle at creature #2.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 11:13:12 am »

"I wasn't expecting to have to fight anything this fast, especially not right outside the gate."
Durg shoots creature #3 in the chest with his shotgun as many times as it takes to kill it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 11:41:47 am »

Crawl onto the head of the ally in front of me to get a high vantage point to shoot thorns into creature 3. Do not embed
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:56:48 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 11:49:38 am »

“Isn’t this gate supposed to shut during an attack? Shouldn’t we be behind the wall shooting things from on top of it? It is almost like they are intentionally sending us to our deaths or something!”

Invoking his troll heritage, Jonas makes those who wish to cross pay a toll. A toll in blood. That is to say he takes his gun in both hands, points it at creature 4 who he can probably hit without friendly fire, then pulls the trigger.

Shoot creature 4!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 12:00:08 pm »

"Bori hoping army give big gun to shoot. Bori have guns already so maybe not so bad. Bori can fire trusty mortar for now. Bori hope for lengthy chat with new friends but look like war came before Bori and us go through training together and become lifelong comrades. Bori will reminisce about life on Babushka's farm with dear comrades after we get through this."

Bori takes aim with the mortar and fires at creature 1 since it's the furthest from allies, minimizing risk of friendly fire.
:-(

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 12:33:23 pm »

Position's less than ideal, but somewhat workable. Knock them in the water!
Deploy a lightning turret.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 05:00:48 pm »

Mona Barrows adjusts her telescopic monocle to get a clearer picture on the oncoming entities. Mona concentrates and uses Analysis to learn about them!

-At a glance, the monsters seemed like a cross between a ghoul and a glyphid; a type of undead and an insect native her own world respectively. It had a very large facial orifice, but its physique suggested malnourishment. This implied that it might have a restrictive diet, but it could also indicate that their local population was too numerous to sustain them all. It lacked any obvious sensory organs, suggesting that if it is not controlled via magic, then it probably located its prey through vibrations in the ground-
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 10:27:56 am »

Dr.Z would take out his electrothurgy notebook, and start channeling a Static Shield over Durg.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 11:14:06 am »

ROUND 1 STARTS!

Player's Turn

"Aw crap, you mean there's actually minions of darkness to fight against? I just wanted to make some easy cash here in this realm place thingamaplace. Welp. Take this, scoundrel!"

Aethyrion lazily fires his rifle at creature #2.

The paladin slowly raise his hand targeting Lockjaw#2 Shooting on wherever he targets his rifle at. Lockjaw#2 was pushed back from the blow that hit it's shoulder but quickly brush it off immediately. It's really angry.

"I wasn't expecting to have to fight anything this fast, especially not right outside the gate."
Durg shoots creature #3 in the chest with his shotgun as many times as it takes to kill it.

Durg unloaded his mag, dealing 3 burst shot in a turn to Lockjaw#3, the second and third palette didn't hit all of it's target due to the weapon recoil after the first shot thus reducing the damage.

Crawl onto the head of the ally in front of me to get a high vantage point to shoot thorns into creature 3. Do not embed

From that vantage point, shara was able to get a clear view of where the enemies are. With great precision, she was able to shoot her thorns into Lockjaw#3.

“Isn’t this gate supposed to shut during an attack? Shouldn’t we be behind the wall shooting things from on top of it? It is almost like they are intentionally sending us to our deaths or something!”

Invoking his troll heritage, Jonas makes those who wish to cross pay a toll. A toll in blood. That is to say he takes his gun in both hands, points it at creature 4 who he can probably hit without friendly fire, then pulls the trigger.

Shoot creature 4!

Jonas compose himself as he takes focus and fire one of his shot into one of the creature. A loud bang pierced through the creatures body hitting it's weak spot dealing extra damage to Lockjaw#4

"Bori hoping army give big gun to shoot. Bori have guns already so maybe not so bad. Bori can fire trusty mortar for now. Bori hope for lengthy chat with new friends but look like war came before Bori and us go through training together and become lifelong comrades. Bori will reminisce about life on Babushka's farm with dear comrades after we get through this."

Bori takes aim with the mortar and fires at creature 1 since it's the furthest from allies, minimizing risk of friendly fire.

With normal yet powerful boom, bori's mortar launch off targeting Lockjaw#1. Bori was very cautious of his action if it would cause injury to one of his comrades in battle, he missed the creature by a little but still deal a significant damage. Lockjaw#1 was able to evade extremely lethal damage.

Position's less than ideal, but somewhat workable. Knock them in the water!
Deploy a lightning turret.

[Unknown] threw one of his gadget in front of him, erecting a turret. The turret is so big!

Mona Barrows adjusts her telescopic monocle to get a clearer picture on the oncoming entities. Mona concentrates and uses Analysis to learn about them!

-At a glance, the monsters seemed like a cross between a ghoul and a glyphid; a type of undead and an insect native her own world respectively. It had a very large facial orifice, but its physique suggested malnourishment. This implied that it might have a restrictive diet, but it could also indicate that their local population was too numerous to sustain them all. It lacked any obvious sensory organs, suggesting that if it is not controlled via magic, then it probably located its prey through vibrations in the ground-

Mona uses analysis! From her brief description, it revealed the creature's intent and ability. It's stats are as follow:
[If Lockjaw is in close distance, it's able to lock it's prey in place and began consuming them, slowly giving it +3HP/Turn]

Dr.Z would take out his electrothurgy notebook, and start channeling a Static Shield over Durg.

SURGING WITH POWER! The electricity formed around the shotgun wielding gnoll. His shield emits a strong electrical current, capable of dealing damage over time to nearby enemies.

Log:

Lockjaw#1 Takes [-4HP from Mortar attack] = [6/10HP]

Lockjaw#2 Takes [-1HP from Riffle attack] = [9/10HP]

Lockjaw#3 Takes [-2 + -1 + -1HP(-4HP) from shotgun attack] + [-2HP from thorns attack] = [4/10HP]

Lockjaw#4 Takes [-3HP from hand cannon attack] = [7/10HP]

From Mona's analysis: [If Lockjaw is in close distance, it's able to lock it's prey in place and began consuming them, slowly giving it +3HP/Turn]

Enemy Turn

Lockjaw#1 glances at the knight in shining armor, proceeds to rush him down at sight. Due to the knight's holy armor preventing unholy spawn such as itself from ever hurting him. He radiates an aura that would weaken the creature from ever harming him with lethal damage thus reducing the strength of the creature upon physical contact.

Lockjaw#2 was mildly angry from the previous strike that the holy knight had inflicted upon it. It took a leap over the shiny paladin's head and unto the suspicious looking brown golem person that it targeted. As the creature getting more velocity upon reaching it's prey, a tower of sort erected in front of it suddenly appearing. The creature had no clue that there was going to be a solid wall in front of it while it's jumping. The creature comically bonked it's head unto the turret head first and was knocked back

Lockjaw#3 and #4 charges toward the shield wielding gnoll and swung their claw unto him with great power. Luckily the gnoll was able to intercept them with his shield preventing their claws to reach his body. The abnormal strength from the creature however was still able to damage him. Due to their combined strength, durg is completely locked in place. Lockjaw#3 is in closer proximity for it to lock durg down and eat his head if none deal with it.

Log:

Aethyrion Takes [-1HP from Lockjaw#1] = [9/10HP]

Durg Takes [-2HP From Lockjaw#3] + [-2HP From Lockjaw#4] = [6/10HP]
(Note: Durge is pinned down unable to move elsewhere)

Lockjaw#2 Takes [-2HP From hitting the turret with it's face] = [7/10HP]
(Note: Stunned)

Lockjaw#3 and 4 Takes [-1HP from Electric charged shield] = [3/10HP] and [6/10HP]

Current Map:

(END OF TURN 1)

PROCEED TO TURN 2

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 11:36:39 am »

Now, try to use my shovel to knock the disoriented lockjaw that struck my turret into the moat.
The lightning turret will prioritize enemies in the water first (unless an ally is also in the water, in which case it will not strike the water), the enemies attacking Durg second, and then if neither of those conditions are in progress, whichever enemy is closest to the gate.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 12:23:28 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 11:46:20 am »

Shoot thorns at Lockjaw 3. If Lockjaw 3 is killed before I shoot, aim for Lockjaw 4 instead
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:12:37 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 12:34:52 pm »

"Hahaha, foolish minion of darkness, you cannot harm me! Now prepare to be smited by the heavens!"

Aethyrion takes out his sword and swings it at Lockjaw#1.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 12:40:49 pm »

Dr. continues to channel the static shield onto Durg, figuring that he needed the extra stopping power the most.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59