Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Small additions for other races  (Read 1775 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Small additions for other races
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 11:09:00 pm »

Slaves are taken from populations of sites taken over by invaders. Animal people have no sites therefore are not taken as slaves. It's only surprising if you mistakenly buy into the hype that Dwarf Fortress is some kind of reality simulator.

I'm not sure how to take that comment, that feels a little rude.  Excuse me for not knowing exactly what parts of the fantasy generator have been detailed and what ones aren't.

It does make sense that animal people can't be conquered without controlling any sites, though, thank you.
Sorry it seemed an odd comment after you mentioned seeing slaves being taken of animal people who had joined civilizations which I assumed to mean you regularly looked through Legends mode, as that's not something you can see by just playing fortress.

Well, hopefully animal people tribes will be a thing one day. As I say, take a listen to the interview to get a feel of how the game is and how it needs to be in the future with regards to sites and civs relations with one another. It's very interesting.
Pages: 1 [2]