Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 7: Round 2 (6/7 players)  (Read 23160 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 7: Night 0, Sign-ups for Round 2 Open!
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2020, 06:56:39 pm »

Though it won't change a thing, TricMagic. I'd like to not have my vote on a town read at day end, if we're not doing it to save IM from modkill.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2020, 06:59:16 pm »

Also, for the record, hector's playstyle has been suspicious to me, less passionate than I'd have expected.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2020, 07:03:47 pm »

You try paying attention when you’ve had little sleep because of fighting cats for a month and a half, broseph. See how much passion you can express when the only passion you have is for a comfortable place to lay your head and sweet, unmolested unconsciousness.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2020, 07:10:08 pm »

You try paying attention when you’ve had little sleep because of fighting cats for a month and a half, broseph. See how much passion you can express when the only passion you have is for a comfortable place to lay your head and sweet, unmolested unconsciousness.
fighting cats? Why are you being attacked by cats?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2020, 07:13:46 pm »

fighting cats? Why are you being attacked by cats?

That's the first thing you have to say after so much silence Naturegirl?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2020, 07:13:59 pm »

Votecount:
IcyTea:
NQT:
IonMatrix: hector13  (1)
Hector13: 
Naturegirl: dolores (1)
TricMagic: notquitethere, IcyTea (2)
dolores: TricMagic, Naturegirl, (2)
Not Voting: IonMatrix

The undead king enters the room and asks those present who they think killed him. Some point at TricMagic, others point at dolores. The king flips a coin, shoots TricMagic, and leaves.

TricMagic has died! Tric Magic was a Channeler (Town).

Channeler (Town): You can channel the spirit of a dead player, giving you all of that player's abilities and traits except their win condition. Actions: channel

IonMatrix has been prodded.

Night has fallen and will end Monday March 23rd at 8 PM EDT
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 7: Night 1, Sign-ups for Round 2 Open!
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2020, 09:17:39 am »

There's two fewer of you when you show up the next morning.

notquitethere has died! notquitethere was an Ascetic (Survivor).

You are an Ascetic (Survivor): You are immune to non-kill actions.

IonMatrix has been modkilled. IonMatrix was a Bodyguard (Town).

You are a Bodyguard (Town): You can guard another player. If that player would be killed, you and the attacker will kill each other instead. Actions: Guard

Votecount:
IcyTea:
Hector13:
Naturegirl:
dolores:
Not Voting: Everyone

Day will end at 10:30 AM EDT (UTC -4) on Thursday, March 26th.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2020, 10:03:37 am »

Good Luck Town.

That Ascetic would have been a good role to channel...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2020, 10:42:49 am »

Who doesn't love a four-way?

I believe there is at least one player who now knows that I did not perform the kill.

Further intrigue and a case to come later; in a rush right now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2020, 01:05:54 pm »

Ahaha.

Balls.

Bit of an odd choice, bodyguard.

I have nothing to report, as I was busy fighting cats.

I don’t like dolores though. Voted for the three least experienced players on D1, states naturegirl was scum when their case was no different from the policy lynches they were happy to perform on Tric and IonMatrix.

T’be fair, though, unless someone presents a hugely compelling case, today will probably end in a no lynch.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2020, 01:41:37 pm »

Actually, scratch that, I have suspicions about all of you.

dolores was on the policy lynches from post 1. dolores plays the game on a slightly different wavelength from everyone else, evidently preferring to keep the "better" players around rather than necessarily lynching the scummiest, but still. Bothersome. Only really started changing their vote when I tied things up at the end,

Naturegirl blended into the background for a great portion of D1 (yes I'm throwing shade at her for the same reason dolores did come at me bro fite me 1 2 3 4 thumb war and all that) and despite receiving some push at the end from dolores at the end of the day, chose to question me about cats' animosity toward me.

IcyTea... basically the same as dolores, but apparently okay with a policy lynch. Spent a great deal of D1 questioning Tric despite knowing that Tric is challenging to engage with, settled on voting IonMatrix because they had disappeared. Did say they thought a policy lynch D1 was "acceptable" but the apparently lack of trying to find something more than that is bothersome.

Currently order of lynches which don't include me are Naturegirl, IcyTea and dolores.

Dat NK though.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2020, 05:49:15 pm »

Nobody tried to kill me last night
I don’t like dolores
wow, rude

I'd been assuming that tied votes would = no lynch, which is why I kept asking not to NL since I was the one breaking up the main voting block each time and didn't anticipate having the opportunity to ninja the mod like normal.

states naturegirl was scum when their case was no different from the policy lynches they were happy to perform on Tric and IonMatrix.
I was voting Tric out of RVS and hadn't managed to establish a case I had any confidence in. I'd pretty much covered this D1 but you can think of this as an attempt to vote town!Tric, which is why I didn't switch my vote right away even though I was coming to believe that he was town.
I voted IonMatrix because he was totally inactive. That he was prodded D1 and then modkilled over the greatly-extended N1 should bear this out. The only case I ever made against him besides his being anti-town by virtue of not being able to vote was the conditional that if he was able to post but choosing not to, that was scummy. I guess that's what made it a policy lynch.
Naturegirl1999 was demonstrably able to post, but very nearly as inactive. My sustained opinion on NG has always been that they're playing this like a vanilla game, and I can't see any problems with the scenario of KM!NG playing like noobscum!NG. I think that the case of "won't post" is of substantially different character to the "can't post" case on Ion.
dolores was on the policy lynches from post 1. dolores plays the game on a slightly different wavelength from everyone else, evidently preferring to keep the "better" players around rather than necessarily lynching the scummiest, but still.
Until lylo, generally. It's not hard to pick scum out of a group of active players, you can do it at any time with confidence. It's impossible to know whether an empty slot is scum. If you can manufacture an active group of players with case history for lylo, it's autowin for town. I believe in using your mislynches, not in safety nets.

I believe there is at least one player who now knows that I did not perform the kill.
And you don't know who that player is? If you're making a mechanical claim, I guess another player will bear it out. It ain't me. I can imagine you trying to snipe an ABA role confirmation by feigning an ABABA confirm, but I also doubt that's what's happening.
So are you posting wine? What's the benefit? What were you hoping for out of this response?

Naturegirl1999
You finished D1 with a sustained vote on me, while having ample opportunities to change it. Your only reason ever given to this case was that my posts aren't of the same texture as town!dolores in previous games, which I think has been addressed in the thread. Do you disagree? Are there additional points you would care to raise? Why have you not posted so far D2 when you've posted 34 times since D2 has started?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2020, 09:18:51 pm »

I've got a moderator question pending, but in the meantime:

Hector: did you perform an action? You also were present to respond to me right after the deadline. Why didn't you make any post before it?

Dolores: what are your thoughts on me and hector? Going for the lurker isn't out of character for you, but you're reading a lot from a lack of posts. What would you name as the biggest difference between noobtown and noobscum play?

Apologies for holding my cards close to my chest, but I am trying to make sense of a few tidbits that expand to many scenarios I must eliminate before I can openly present the correct one.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2020, 09:24:13 pm »

I don’t know what I didn’t respond to, man.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2020, 09:35:50 pm »

Also, for the record, hector's playstyle has been suspicious to me, less passionate than I'd have expected.

I squeezed one last post seconds before the deadline, and you responded to it. That means you were around to read it. Your post before that was an unelaborated vote change 3 hours beforehand; I imagine you would have had plenty of time to build your case.

Since you criticized me for following dolores on that one as a policy lynch, what was your reason for voting IonMatrix, and why didn't you explain it if it was different? You did have time to post a one-liner in Ameripol in the interim, so I won't exactly take cat-herding as an excuse for this one.

It really looks like you're paying more attention to this game than you try to appear to.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11