Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 7: Round 2 (6/7 players)  (Read 22861 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 7: Day 2, Sign-ups for Round 2 Open!
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2020, 01:08:14 pm »

Are hammers not in effect right now? ‘cause no lynch was technically hammered. Or does it not work for the no lynch? Or is it everyone :o

no lynch

T’be fair... well I don’t care that much to share my thoughts. Either it’s NG or one of you two win on round 1. gg.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 7: Day 2, Sign-ups for Round 2 Open!
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2020, 06:54:53 pm »

"I guess No Lynch technically counts as a hammer." the undead king says grumpily.

No Lynch has been hammered! Night 2 has begun and will end at 8 PM EDT on Thursday March 26th. (I'll be busy during that time, so it'll go long a few hours)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 7: Round 2, Day 3, Sign-ups for Round 2 Open!
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2020, 06:23:25 pm »

The sun rose, with one fewer in your ranks.

dolores has died, dolores was a Redirecter (Survivor) and King Mafia.

You are a Redirecter (Survivor) and King Mafia: You can redirect another player's ability to target another player ("redirect [player] [newtarget]"). You can perform the mafiakill. Actions: Redirect, Kill

Round 2 will begin with Day 3, but first we need at least one more player to join us.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 7: Round 2 (6/7 players)
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2020, 06:25:57 pm »

I'm going to leave this unlocked for now, but revealing information about the round is a no go.
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2020, 06:26:46 pm »

Understood

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2020, 06:59:28 pm »

Dolores~~~~

Luck was kinda against me, since it came down to the flip of a coin.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2020, 07:20:47 pm »

Do roles change each round? Would a Robot Mechanic (Survivor] be a Robot Mechanic (Survivor) next round?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2020, 07:22:16 pm »

If you survive a round, you stay as the same role you were before (though you a new chance to also be the King Mafia).

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2020, 07:22:42 pm »

If you survive a round, you stay as the same role you were before (though you a new chance to also be the King Mafia).
thanks for clarifying

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2020, 12:00:17 pm »

NQT is correct. I'm leaving the thread unlocked for now until we get a 7th player (TricMagic, dolores, and NQT have resigned up), but I'd like you to keep table talk about the previous round to a minimum, and if you must, only talk about publicly available information.
Sigtext

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2020, 11:06:57 pm »

Persus13
In the event of a 'mafia loss due to stalemate' with two players remaining, what happens to the roles of the players who were alive for the stalemate? Specifically, does the KM lose their KM status (and get a chance at rolling it again) but keep their 'town-role'?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2020, 06:11:08 pm »

That's a good question. I can't recall if that scenario came up in a previous King Mafia game. I'm leaning towards treating it as if all players had died, since keeping the roles could result in the scenario repeating itself, but if anyone has a preference otherwise, I'd be interested to hear why.
Sigtext

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2020, 07:30:09 pm »

I'm leaning towards treating it as if all players had died, since keeping the roles could result in the scenario repeating itself
Yeah, a preponderance of unkillable roles pretty much forces later players to bring e.g. grey goo or poisonous roles (which are generally pretty suboptimal for KM) to be able to win as KM. Any setup with two action-immune-townie's can stalemate from D1 if there are no vote-stealing powers since neither of them can win as KM if the other is alive, creating a stable permanent voting block which persists across all setups if roles are kept.
Since the stalemate player's roles are all but known, as well, it becomes increasingly likely that players will rely on them as a metagame object for deliberately setting up future stalemates.
Modkilling everyone alive at the stalemate also avoids 'rewarding' KM or at least sparing them being sent to the back of the queue in livelier games, which I think is an important part of the setup - normally, with even 8 players, dying as KM means 'losing a round' you could have rolled KM.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2020, 06:53:44 pm »

I didn't comment on it originally because I wasn't thinking of the game as over, but I could feel my soul getting pulled out of my body through my nose on D2. It would have been really disappointing if I won after having my alignment dragged out of me like that because I had a higher-priority rolepower or something.
Not that it's relevant here (I'm sure there's a version of it that works as scum, a la jimposting in WWM), but I suspect a big dip in the quality of my townplay since NSBM6 (not that I'm particularly dissatisfied with PGM3, it's "did nothing wrong" quality) is from not reading past threads as much. Historically, all of my reads were meta reads, and without that I've got nothing but policy plays and an unlynchable status. Ironically, I think this might be a consequence of having rolled scum for the first time (in TM-ByoSM4) and getting out of the habit.

Anyway, what's the plans for this? It's still open, I'm kinda surprised how fully we've got no players here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2020, 07:59:18 pm »

I assumed this is dead. Mafia as a whole has been dying here for awhile, so its not too surprising.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11