Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 7: Round 2 (6/7 players)  (Read 23138 times)

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 7: Night 0, Sign-ups for Round 2 Open!
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2020, 08:45:49 pm »

Is this a Tric question? I am going to be around. As for daykilling me now, it won't be all that useful in the long run, since you lose out on both information and voting power to lynch another.
All questions are trick questions if you're willing to misrepresent the other person enough.
How could you fail to address me so fully? I'm not losing out on any voting power by killing you, because I don't believe you will ever intentionally vote KM, in this or any other round. I consider you at best a random voting machine, more realistically a nolynch generator that can be used to tie up votes.
I don't lose any information because I don't trust you to ever give out any useful information.
From your response which doesn't mention anything like 'wasting the daykill' or 'you'll die', I can conclude that either you don't have a role of this kind or you thought this through at least one step of wine. I'm inclined to believe you didn't do the latter.
If I had a daykill you'd be dead now. If I get a daykill, I'll kill you.
To this pregame stuff, you could be immune to actions and kills, ala godfather notquitethere. And claiming a powerful role in a lynching game is suspicious in the first place. Makes me want to see what you are hiding under that mask.
How can anything which occurred in the pregame be suspicious in this game where we're all survivors and/or serial killers
Why don't you have any commentary about the roleclaims that have occurred since the game started, but you're basing your RVS on pregame roleclaims?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2020, 08:51:50 pm »

For the first half, it's cause I don't lose much getting killed first game. That and showing you have a day kill makes yourself a target.

Alos, that pregame post was suspicous to me in the first place, but the thread was locked before I could comment on it.

The reason I haven't commented on others mostly ties to disinterest in doing so, and that I am going to bed now. I also wonder why you want me to adress you when you made your thoughts perfectly clear.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2020, 09:10:05 pm »

For the first half, it's cause I don't lose much getting killed first game. That and showing you have a day kill makes yourself a target.
Neither of these things are true but that's so self evident that I shouldn't be commenting here in the first place
Alos, that pregame post was suspicous to me in the first place, but the thread was locked before I could comment on it.
How can anything which occurred in the pregame be suspicious in this game where we're all survivors and/or serial killers
The reason I haven't commented on others mostly ties to disinterest in doing so, and that I am going to bed now. I also wonder why you want me to adress you when you made your thoughts perfectly clear.
So you've no interest expressing thoughts about the game, but you're happy to post about things which have no possible bearing on player alignment?
I made my thoughts clear after you failed to address my concerns. That is to say, I have presently unaddressed concerns which exist as a standing mark against you.

ICT
What's your alignment?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2020, 09:26:21 pm »

So...

Watcha doing, dolores? You’re all gung-ho on the idea that Tric won’t provide any useful information but you’re also going in heavy on the pumping him for info. Seems rather redundant. Will knowing his role be useful, or are you just happy to engage with him to breadcrumb/mislead your own stuff?

ICT has already told you his alignment.

Naturegirl, are you going to let the more experiences players push you around again?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2020, 11:05:14 pm »

So...

Watcha doing, dolores? You’re all gung-ho on the idea that Tric won’t provide any useful information but you’re also going in heavy on the pumping him for info. Seems rather redundant. Will knowing his role be useful, or are you just happy to engage with him to breadcrumb/mislead your own stuff?
I'm the king of the mafia and tric's the only player I'm not confident I can dodge a vote from on lylo.
I actually think that there's a not-insignificant psychological factor to voting on lylo where a lot of the players here (probably myself the most, since it's salient enough to put into words) have a bias to preferring an established player wins, but that's a topic which is only relevant if the player actually votes and the vote doesn't seem to be accompanied and generated by a markov chain.
I do want tric not to be here at lylo and I especially don't want to see him win because I've got no idea how to recognize and then put together a case for sk!tric and it'll just be because he wasn't tunneled to death during a period where nobody really has a plan.
Nobody really has a (stated) plan, and especially since there's no history to role claims yet and there are no overt or claimed actions in play, I may as well start it now. Since it's so early in the game, if I leave it once something emerges and then come back D2 it'll probably have regained it's freshness and actually be possible.
Also, since I'm the 'designated bandwagoner' such as it were for tric right now, it pretty much kills any reason for other people to go for it. Until such a time as I'm not >50% of all activity, this is probably in the town's interest in terms of minimizing lost potential.

That aside: if I can establish publicly that tric is safe to kill, it greatly raises the chances of him being killed. If I can cast any kind of shade on him, it greatly raises the chance of him being townkilled.

I'm pretty out of my element here. I play a 'do the right thing' town game where I try to force people to play a certain way which isn't possible as scum, which is ultimately a sophisticated form of policy lynching. Unfortunately, I don't really know how to play survivor/sk games. I'm feeling antsy because I've no idea how to approach RVS since the things I would normally do (attract attention to foster activity, look for information asymmetry) would flag everyone as scum. Tric's actually posted words, so I can use that as a framing device for my thoughts. I hate mechanical gameplay but I can't really call people out for it because I've got no alternative prepared.

ICT has already told you his alignment.
Nah, he'll do that when he votes.
IM was supposed to call me out for tunneling tric but he left after his OP so I never got to write a clean post and you get this instead.
hector13
Any especially novel thoughts about the fact that nobody has claimed an action?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2020, 03:12:14 am »

ICT
What's your alignment?
Town and town. Not that the first part matters much.

Given the special rules and predicted role distribution, I can expect that neither the orthodox strategy nor my favourite strategy will work. Luckily, I'm no stranger to experimenting with new strategies, though the short round length of this game will mean I likely won't be able to gather enough data to fully assess a strategy.

NQT: What's the point of the above paragraph?

IonMatrix: What do you believe is the biggest difference between this and a standard game?

Hector13: What's my alignment?

Naturegirl1999: Please type the following sentence (do not use copy-paste): "I am not the King Mafia." How does typing it make you feel?

TricMagic: Why does a daykill make someone any bigger a target than any other ability? If you were the KM, which ability would you believe to be the biggest threat to you?

dolores: Given the first six words of your previous post, you agree on the point that claims have little weight at this point in the game. Why did you ask me for one? Do you believe my answer is truthful?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2020, 05:57:16 am »

dolores: Given the first six words of your previous post, you agree on the point that claims have little weight at this point in the game. Why did you ask me for one? Do you believe my answer is truthful?
I needed to ask you a question for RVS since nobody else had and you hadn't.
I wanted to shift attention onto alignment for a number of reason.
And while this is a post facto rationale, I suspect it was an extremely strong silent motivation: I didn't want to interrupt you if you had prepared a cold open by addressing something it would cover.

Why alignment:
1) It's cosmetically reminiscent of the real focus in a standard game, i.e. actual player alignment.
2) It does a lot to help me sort claims regarding night activity, particularly with regards to possible killers with no n0 action.
3) Post facto and parent of the above: I'm way more likely to spend the time to look through the xylbot list endlessly and compare alignments to claims, and also to (believe that I can) correctly interpret the alignment claims of other players than anyone else here. This absolutely is the sort of thing that'll form the basis for my gut reads later.

NQT: when was the last time I lied in a claim?
ICT: not really, but in the sense that I'm not really paying attention. You're a prop to me because your alignment is supremely easy (for me) to divine by maybe 48hr into D2. I'm confident that KM!ICT can never do better than cross with me if we both make it to lylo. I'm not happy with my scum game but I think my sk is on point, and I think that no matter what (you think) the reverse situation is probably a safe bet for me with 5/6 possible partners.
Have you read your role PM?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2020, 06:08:55 am »

predicted role distribution,

lol do share.

Hector13: What's my alignment?

dolores has already told you.

dolores

I don’t think I have anything novel about no claimed actions, at least that nobody else won’t have thought of: I t’s D1 of game 1 in a game full of survivors, the point of the game we have the least amount of information available. Nobody is going to be the first to reveal something about themselves because it’s the furthest point they are from winning.

Either that or nobody had an action, which means everyone is goo.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2020, 06:22:07 am »

Waiting to see how long it takes for someone to actually go after you for playing so cagey?
You'll have to wait till hector or NQT show up.

I feel like the others will notice but not be able to articulate it well, outside of ICT who'd probably take a more hands off approach than I did re: rope.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2020, 07:07:27 am »

3) Post facto and parent of the above: I'm way more likely to spend the time to look through the xylbot list endlessly and compare alignments to claims, and also to (believe that I can) correctly interpret the alignment claims of other players than anyone else here. This absolutely is the sort of thing that'll form the basis for my gut reads later.
Here's an interesting part about this game: alignments are not alignment-indicative. Finding the mafia doesn't help to find the KM.

You're a prop to me because your alignment is supremely easy (for me) to divine by maybe 48hr into D2.
Perhaps, unless I actively work to deceive you, like last time.

I'm confident that KM!ICT can never do better than cross with me if we both make it to lylo.
If I was the KM, do you believe I would let you survive to be part of my 3-way?

Have you read your role PM?
Yes; it's suboptimal to go into a micro nightstart without doing so.

lol do share.
Daykills and reflexives have been popular in past KotM games. I went through the list and extrapolated what sort of roles might be in the field. I concluded that I must play an offensive daygame and a defensive nightgame, whether or not I am KM.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2020, 08:23:25 am »

TricMagic: Why does a daykill make someone any bigger a target than any other ability? If you were the KM, which ability would you believe to be the biggest threat to you?

The biggest threat to me would have to be Rolecop... Though right now I'll go ahead and say I have no killing ability, day or knight.
Daykilling someone when you say you will if you get one is just a bad idea in general if you want to survive this game. Doing so at the very beginning of the first day is foolish, since no-one in this game wants someone with the power to kill during the day around. Especially if they are the KoM with a night kill.

I kinda question why dolores speaks of possibly getting a kill ability.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2020, 08:26:36 am »

“I am not the King Mafia”
No emotions are coming to mind. The statement I typed is true.

To the one who asked about my pregsme roleclsim, the truth, the poem, is telling you

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2020, 08:48:49 am »

Here's an interesting part about this game: alignments are not alignment-indicative. Finding the mafia doesn't help to find the KM.
Do explain? Did I misread the rules? I thought it was the other way around: no matter what you do, you can not conceal your role as a KM (if you get inspected or something.)
IonMatrix: What do you believe is the biggest difference between this and a standard game?
Well, there's only one Mafia, so that's something. Then, there's multiple rounds, which will make this game longer and fuck up who ever have a limited usage action. Then there's the wide, wide range of roles which I have basically no familiarity with.
I literally didn't do anything last night.
Say, Naturegirl, what difference do you think KM has from normal Mafia and how will you change your playstyle?
one difference is that there are less people, another difference is that there is a very large variety of possible roles. Play style? There are antilurk protocols in place, so I must be more active
Well, yes, all of these are correct, and quite obvious, honestly. I am going to ask a related question: What do you think of daykills, which as far as I bothered to read the last game, had quite a bit of effect?

“I am not the King Mafia”
No emotions are coming to mind. The statement I typed is true.

To the one who asked about my pregsme roleclsim, the truth, the poem, is telling you
for all we know you are using re else psychology and you are trying to psyche us

Hector, what do you think about the effectiveness of the pre-game claims?
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2020, 08:55:27 am »

Hector
What’s everyone else’s role?
I'm designated as a survivor, but that doesn't mean anything for wincon as the overriding wincons are King Mafia or Everyone Else.

Dolores
NQT
Given the lack of people, do you think it's reasonable to play as though being dead at the end of a round (where KM is reset) carries no cost?
Only on rounds where KM will reset does a sacrificial play make sense.

Tric
To this pregame stuff, you could be immune to actions and kills, ala godfather notquitethere. And claiming a powerful role in a lynching game is suspicious in the first place. Makes me want to see what you are hiding under that mask.
I'd be surprised if anyone picked a role they didn't think was powerful. No one's going to pick Pillar of the Community. Am I wrong?

IcyTea
NQT: What's the point of the above paragraph?
I've used these kinds of declarations before so that when people try to make a read on my later in the game which amounts to "why aren't you acting like x" I can point to the message where I said I wasn't going to do x.

IonMatrix, if you had to daykill someone right now, who and why?

Naturegirl do you think you would play different if you were King Mafia in this game?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2020, 08:56:57 am »

What do you mean what do I think of them? Like nightkills, like any kills, they narrow things down, but also may have a chance of killing allies, though if everyone is survivor/sk there;s not much in the way of allies anyway

To NQT: probably, as for how, not sure
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11