Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 7: Round 2 (6/7 players)  (Read 23132 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 7: Night 0, Sign-ups for Round 2 Open!
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2020, 09:26:55 am »

The biggest threat to me would have to be Rolecop...
Why? I can think of many situations worse than a townie knowing your role.

Daykilling someone when you say you will if you get one is just a bad idea in general if you want to survive this game. Doing so at the very beginning of the first day is foolish, since no-one in this game wants someone with the power to kill during the day around. Especially if they are the KoM with a night kill.
So if someone claimed role cop, you would definitely want them dead, even more than a daykiller?

No emotions are coming to mind.
Once more, with feeling. If you can't say it like you mean it, I can't believe you.

Do explain? Did I misread the rules? I thought it was the other way around: no matter what you do, you can not conceal your role as a KM (if you get inspected or something.)
If someone is, say, a framer (a nearly always scum role), that doesn't mean you want them killed in this game. So if someone says they're scum, that doesn't equate to KM.

Well, there's only one Mafia, so that's something. Then, there's multiple rounds, which will make this game longer and fuck up who ever have a limited usage action. Then there's the wide, wide range of roles which I have basically no familiarity with.
Purely mechanical attributes, those. If these are the most important things to change your strategy for, do you intend to become an expert in them? Will you browse through the role list, thinking what players might want to play and how they might interact? What ability would be so powerful that you would take it even as limited use?

I've used these kinds of declarations before so that when people try to make a read on my later in the game which amounts to "why aren't you acting like x" I can point to the message where I said I wasn't going to do x.
Considering I vary and tweak my strategy for pretty much every game, what kind of claim could I make later in the game from the declaration that I'm going to not use many of my usual tricks?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2020, 09:35:28 am »

I don’t actually get emotions very often, it doesn’t mean I;m faking anything, I just don’t feel emotions very often. I feel emotions in short bursts on an otherwise emotionless plane of thought, saying I have an emotion when I don;t would be lying

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2020, 09:46:36 am »

FUUUU my internet just failed me. Retyping. ARGH. This time I'm going to say less

To NQT: I will kill random person because the day just started and there isnt lot of information.

What do you mean what do I think of them? Like nightkills, like any kills, they narrow things down, but also may have a chance of killing allies, though if everyone is survivor/sk there;s not much in the way of allies anyway
FINE. GET OUT OF MY FACE. Unvote

Tric, on a scale of 1-10, how important is finding roles? Is it effective to do so in day1?

ICT, WDYT on pre-game claims and are they actually useful and/or believable?

NQT, pro-cons of DK vs NK. Tell me what you think.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2020, 11:31:49 am »

I don’t actually get emotions very often, it doesn’t mean I;m faking anything, I just don’t feel emotions very often. I feel emotions in short bursts on an otherwise emotionless plane of thought, saying I have an emotion when I don;t would be lying
In that case, let's ask it differently: What does being town mean to you in this game? How do you intend to radiate pure townishness to be read as such?

I will kill random person because the day just started and there isnt lot of information.
You wouldn't wait a moment to see if more information comes, or even try to extract that information yourself?

That's pretty aggressive. Did you get the information you were looking for?

ICT, WDYT on pre-game claims and are they actually useful and/or believable?
The pre-game is all about mindgames and getting into the other players' heads. There is no reliable, hard information to obtain from it, but the insights to other players can be useful if you don't know them very well.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2020, 11:47:28 am »

The biggest threat to me would have to be Rolecop...
Why? I can think of many situations worse than a townie knowing your role.

Daykilling someone when you say you will if you get one is just a bad idea in general if you want to survive this game. Doing so at the very beginning of the first day is foolish, since no-one in this game wants someone with the power to kill during the day around. Especially if they are the KoM with a night kill.
So if someone claimed role cop, you would definitely want them dead, even more than a daykiller?

If my role becomes known to a rolecop, it loses it's effectiveness. Same thing if I'm killed, for that matter.

To the second, I would rather kill the daykiller at that point. Daykills in effect with nightkills can cut down the numbers quickly. And if KoM has a day kill, they also have a nightkill, making their success rate much higher.

Tric, on a scale of 1-10, how important is finding roles? Is it effective to do so in day1?

6. Not very effective during day 1 though..

I would like to see a votecount soon though. Why did you unvote exactly?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2020, 11:52:47 am »

Votecount:
IcyTea:
NQT: TricMagic (1)
IonMatrix: notquitethere (1)
Hector13:
Naturegirl:
TricMagic: dolores (1)
dolores: IcyTea31 (1)
Not Voting: IonMatrix, Naturegirl1999, Hector13

Just over 31 hours to day end.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2020, 12:31:05 pm »

Here's an interesting part about this game: alignments are not alignment-indicative. Finding the mafia doesn't help to find the KM.
Are you being obtuse on purpose?
Alignments are parts of roleclaims. Different players have different feelings about their claims, but it's very likely that there will be some firmer alignment claims that there are going to be some stronger claims about alignment than role from some players and it's an easy way to get a larger pool of roleclaims to sort through re: feeling.
Perhaps, unless I actively work to deceive you, like last time.
Sure, I could get blindsided by not knowing my role or when was lylo again. Not much I can do about that.
If I was the KM, do you believe I would let you survive to be part of my 3-way?
I did that last game, so sure, I've got that option.
Only on rounds where KM will reset does a sacrificial play make sense.
Isn't that every round besides the last?
Did you miss my aside to you or did you chose not to answer it?

IonMatrix
IonMatrix
How do you think ICT's pregame silence is likely to impact his opening post?
NG responded, so I'll follow up:
Why are you asking new players trick questions this early in the morning
Gonna give any kind of commentary on this:
Why aren't you voting? Why the show? Why the show over nothing specifically?
To NQT: I will kill random person because the day just started and there isnt lot of information.
Why would you not be flashlynched like lasttime? Are the players in this game that different, or do you know something shakes didn't?

If my role becomes known to a rolecop, it loses it's effectiveness. Same thing if I'm killed, for that matter.
If that were the case, isn't making this claim equivalent to fullclaiming your role and thus negating it?
6. Not very effective during day 1 though..
What do you expect to do with role knowledge on D2 that you can't do now?
I would like to see a votecount soon though. Why did you unvote exactly?
Do any of the votes that have been cast so far mean anything?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2020, 12:39:14 pm »

Why are you fishing for visits?

To the second, I would rather kill the daykiller at that point. Daykills in effect with nightkills can cut down the numbers quickly. And if KoM has a day kill, they also have a nightkill, making their success rate much higher.
So you don't trust your skills to be able to sway a daykiller to work in your favour as the KM?

dolores: I'm getting the idea that you want to focus on the night game in this one. Is that correct? Usually your motto is that town wins during the day.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2020, 01:27:59 pm »

IonMatrix

Hector, what do you think about the effectiveness of the pre-game claims?

I have a tendency to ignore pre-game banter, because at that point nobody knows anything about the game, and I have little interest in examining players prior to their position in the game being set.

It’s only different this time because people know their role prior to the game.

I can’t say anything about the pre-game claims though. If someone decided not to act or vice versus as a result of them then I guess they were effective. I wasn’t one of those someones.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2020, 01:37:06 pm »

Mostly wanted to see if any votes got stolen, really.

Naturegirl, any reason you haven't voted yet?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2020, 01:41:07 pm »

Mostly wanted to see if any votes got stolen, really.

Naturegirl, any reason you haven't voted yet?
Just thinking
I vote dolores due to the fact that in previous games when she played town, her posts were longer, which sincer her posts are shorter and contain less questions, to me lends suspicion due to previous playstyle compared to current playstyle

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2020, 01:42:04 pm »

dolores: I'm getting the idea that you want to focus on the night game in this one. Is that correct? Usually your motto is that town wins during the day.
I have the suspicion that there are 3+ killers in the game. Dayposting to control the nightgame probably is a better use of (my) time than riding down a lynch.
But no; I've been farming just fine. The thing that going after someone with what you have does is give them the opportunity to prove to you that they're town. It also persists if you die.
This game is too short to circle back though. I intend on finishing the lynches I start, since only one of them isn't going to be a mislynch. Lynches are pretty much reliable in this game, and there is nothing more to them in KM than being right.
I have no intention whatsoever of giving anyone towncred in this game.

I've been feeling like I've been missing something for a while now but it's just a reads list. Since there's no either/or, these aren't really that helpful. So this is more like a meta-commentary than a consideration of alignment. In no significant order.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
PPE: reads on hector13 and TM haven't changed
hector13 not going to answer me?
PPE3: this is more like what I mean

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2020, 02:04:15 pm »

That is quite the number you have there. Be a shame if something happened to it.

30% of questions unanswered seems like a lot, though I don't see it as such Dolores. Particularly cause you are the one asking them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2020, 02:53:04 pm »

Oh that was to me. For some reason I thought it was for IcyTea.

Ah well, apologies. I’m tired due to prolonged lack sleep and consequently can’t really be bothered. What you see as cageyness is lip service.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2020, 03:11:13 pm »

TricMagic

30% of questions unanswered seems like a lot, though I don't see it as such Dolores. Particularly cause you are the one asking them.
And yet, you still refuse to answer them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11