Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 407879 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Museum Turn 5
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2020, 07:47:47 am »

Save file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15029

Ending date:  Year 706, Mid-Autumn

My hero did not get to the Museum, so no-one would know his story, or the stories of his companions.  That is, unless they were able to tell thier tales post-mortem... For a new wing of the Museum, I propose:

The Library of Whispers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The skull of Quenir Puzzelarm the Abyssal whispers its tale:

The skull of Ashro Scufflegrowls the Slick Bends of Ivy whispers its tale:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 04:48:06 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum III: Adventure mode succession game
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2020, 11:58:28 am »

Forgot to ask after the end of my turn: can I be put back on the turn list?
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum Turn 5
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2020, 12:06:09 pm »

Save file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15029

Ending date:  Year 706, Mid-Autumn
I'll hold off on posting until one or all of these are placed in the Museum. (And it will be posted from their perspective)

Hmm interesting.. I'm looking forward to your stories. I'll try and drop you a PM when any of those skulls are brought to the museum.

The amount of time that has passed suggests a fortress was build. I'll update the maps, and will update the turn list and add Quantum Drop.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2020, 02:19:54 pm »

We sure are flying though the turn list. I didn't expect it to be this fast!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2020, 02:44:12 pm »

As a standing order, please re-apply my name to the turn list each time.  Just like the first two incarnations, I'll keep going until we've broken the game (again)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for being here, my time machine broke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2020, 03:52:25 pm »

Okay, it's my turn and I can actually take it. I'll probably die within the first three seconds of starting, but I'll start tommorow.
And thus was the dwarven meatshield invented.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2020, 01:50:57 pm »

Sign me up for a turn please.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2020, 08:16:19 pm »

22nd of Timber, 706
I've decided to start a journal of my travels- so far, there's only been one day of that and I'm not sure I want to continue at all.
I, Zasit Konosusen, heard of the new "Museum" down in the old ruins of Boltspumkin and was intrigued- the two goblin overseers creeped me out, so I got out of there quickly. I then went to the abandoned town next to boltspumkin with a castle- don't remember the name, but the only person there was a old goblin cook that wanted to kill me- looked like he would fall apart and anytime, poor bloke. He mostly just ran away when he saw me though.
There I found many old artefacts- not the masterpieces made by the dwarves, but normal dust-caked items. I put some in a bag- a rusty silver mace and a pair of gems. There were also some creepy statues and some old clothes, but I didn't take either of those. I then came here- a nice little village, newly reclaimed from what I can tell- I'm now staying in this nice old farmer's house. He doesn't know much, but the fact that this site is newly reclaimed intrigues me. I guess I'll go to sleep now.

(OOC: If I have multiple boring items, can I group them together as a single museum submission as like "Miscellaneous items from X" or something similar?)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 08:19:04 pm by DwarvenLord »
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2020, 03:43:48 am »

(OOC: If I have multiple boring items, can I group them together as a single museum submission as like "Miscellaneous items from X" or something similar?)

Yes, that is possible, or preferably you could pick the most interesting of those items and submit that.

I have updated the turn list.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2020, 02:48:39 pm »

25th of Timber, 706
Well, I'm back at Boltspumkin- I slept the night and stayed a day at the farmer's house, then wandered some more- I found a monastery, rolled my fortune. It was a burning man, and I interpreted it as "Act quickly." Strange... I wonder what it means. Anyway, I went to multiple other towns around in the area- there a quite a few.
All were abandoned save the one with the farmer.
Who knew the outside world was so... empty. So many abandoned towns and villages and castles- I think civilization is in a decline. I wish I could go back home, forget all this, forget the endless emptiness and all that was...
I'll think I'll drop off this bag of items from Diptramples (the castle/town) and go back home. I don't wish for adventure anymore.

My submission is:

Dimptrample Artifacts
This is a bag of items discovered in Boltpumkins' sister location, Dimptramples. It contains:
A silver mace,
A copper bow,
A large point cut harlequin opal,
and a large rose cut resin opal.

(OOC: Sorry for the short adventure. I feel like if I went any further I would of surely died, and I wanted to submit at least something. I'll be more adventurous next turn.)
BTW, I really dig the feel of this world- it feels empty and in decline, almost post-apocalyptic.)

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15033

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2020, 03:49:45 pm »

(OOC: Sorry for the short adventure. I feel like if I went any further I would of surely died, and I wanted to submit at least something. I'll be more adventurous next turn.)
BTW, I really dig the feel of this world- it feels empty and in decline, almost post-apocalyptic.)

No problem! for future reference: it is always possible to submit an easy to obtain treasure first, and replace it later during your turn if you manage to survive more dangerous adventures.
I've added you for another turn.

That makes it Th4dwArfY1's turn
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 04:03:15 pm by Bralbaard »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2020, 03:53:32 pm »

You weren’t kidding about burning through the turn list.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2020, 04:23:31 pm »

I think it was theFlame who posted that, but yes we are going through turns fast.

Th4dwArfY1 is playing another succession and asked if he could be bumped a spot. That makes it Eric Blank's turn. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 04:27:58 pm by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2020, 04:48:43 pm »

I'll start as soon as I get off work tonight
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2020, 05:04:09 pm »

Yea, not sure why I haven't PTWd this yet. :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 263