Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409426 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1245 on: November 15, 2021, 01:54:32 am »

That might explain, Lurker, why one of the many small hillocks which sprung up around Ashcinders has a reptile man Mayor...
Yes, that hillock got most of them, including my one named lizard woman who one-shot a berserker dwarf... twice. It's why I love my lizard people, they're strong.

How did you civilize reptile people?
Code: [Select]
tweak makeown
There are some issues with that, in that you can't assign tasks so they'll mostly just be hauling, and they'll be unnamed. For the first problem, if you retire and unretire, they'll start petitioning for full citizenship after you load the save, but it's kinda buggy and after an in-game year or so, they'll revert to haulers or such, and then start petitioning again.

To get them a name, they have to kill a named creature. I imagine an entrepreneuring Overseer can think of a few ideas in that regard...

Also chances are once more forgotten beast are killed (we got 200+) we are going get an age of three forgotten beast which is cool.
There are some leftover mythical creatures left... I think. There's one roc left alive, and oh my, Calovi got killed. That's interesting.

I've not had much time to play, hope to make up for that this evening, I'll upload the save game tomorrow.
As to how it's going... ehm.. can't say it's going well for everybody.
Wow, you magnificent bastard, you actually did it. I told you playing as Bralbaard is going to make things... weird, but I didn't expect quite this. Is this in adventure mode or fortress mode?

It's an interesting comeback, since the first time Bralbaard got to the capital, a (less disastrous) fight broke out.

Also, Kikrost's letter is very "auspicious" arriving in that context. I don't think he'll get an answer in the next decade or two, if his letter survived the massacre at all...

On the other hand, he can move some new plans in motions now.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 15, 2021, 02:21:08 am »

Is this in adventure mode or fortress mode?

I've only played adventure mode, but the top screen shot is from legends and taken after my adventure. Nothing to do with me playing as the king as far as I can tell, it's just that all the nobles have turned into undead that are massacring eachother. Have had some other interesting encounters as well.

Edit: the save game can be found here
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:11:11 am by Bralbaard »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 15, 2021, 04:32:04 am »

This is weird, on Bralbaard's page says former noble, i.e. King, but there's no new King of Adilatír. As I suspected, since you didn't make or unretire a fortress, we'll need to wait for the end of next turn to see where the dust settles.

Just a heads-up, I did write my adventurer's story, as short as it was.

part 1, part 2

So, you
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pretty OK for a King on the run from the legions of zombies.

Nom the Cheese and Moldath became Barons, not sure of other adventurers.

Haven't noticed before, but right now Adilatír has more humans than dwarves. It's not that bad, since each player that makes a fort gets about 14 new void dwarves, and dwarves do make babies or, as I noticed some time before, void dwarves appear out of nowhere/"the wilderness" to settle in random forts or even camps, but still.

What is also interesting is that Omon Obin has no dwarf in its composition, not Mong Uthros or I suspect any other non-dwarf civilization.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:50:13 am by Lurker Z »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 15, 2021, 04:44:26 am »

Just a heads-up, I did write my adventurer's story, as short as it was.

part 1, part 2

I've added the links to your story.

This is weird, on Bralbaard's page says former noble. i.e. King, but there's no new King of Adilatír. As I suspected, since you didn't make or unretire a fortress, we'll need to wait for the end of new turn to see where the dust settles.

That might refer to an earlier noble position I held. I was a baron before, but when I died to that demon in my second adventure I lost the title.
I then became king after I was resurrected.
As to what has happened during my adventure: I'll do a write up soon, won't spoil anything now.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 15, 2021, 04:52:50 am »

That might refer to an earlier noble position I held. I was a baron before, but when I died to that demon in my second adventure I lost the title.
I then became king after I was resurrected.
As to what has happened during my adventure: I'll do a write up soon, won't spoil anything now.
No, no, it's the 805-825 position that has it listed as "former". You'll either get officially booted or reinstated on the next turn.

Looking forward to it, that's why I put my discoveries in a spoiler tag.

I figured where a bulk of the humans are coming from. Fikodnish, "Glazedtraded", a hillocks founded in 811, has 92 humans and 1 water buffalo. (That's either one unlucky buffalo or one lucky buffalo human owner).

Also greet Sanreb "Curlsilence" Amemeshom, the first human Duchess of Adilatír (who ascended from Mayor of Fikodnish).

Short list of Adilatír settlements with many humans:
* Mabkor 100 (originally a human town)
* Avuztaron 98
* Fikodnish 92
* Imdomas 58
* Sodelthabost 57
* Sillibash 53

It's definitely Fikodnish that pushed the humans over the dwarves (as well as likely the Treatyseed massacre, though joyfully a few goblins were put down too). Maybe the humans are those abstract refugees running around nameless until encountered.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 07:12:53 am by Lurker Z »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 15, 2021, 07:48:31 am »

Well certainly worrying is kobold numbers, looks like they aren't long for this world, down from 38 in the last count down to 20. As I discovered many are very old and are all in death age range. At this rate kobolds won't make it till the first millennium. Sad times for the species.

Looking at the ages looks like my punisher Slokokodraber is getting on in years and could die anytime from now til 842.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 08:11:46 am by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 15, 2021, 10:16:33 am »

Well certainly worrying is kobold numbers, looks like they aren't long for this world, down from 38 in the last count down to 20. As I discovered many are very old and are all in death age range. At this rate kobolds won't make it till the first millennium. Sad times for the species.

Looking at the ages looks like my punisher Slokokodraber is getting on in years and could die anytime from now til 842.

The world_history.txt file still seems to count 38?
Just had a silly idea, if the situation gets really dire for the kobolds we could hand out a free kobold companions to each adventurer that wants one. Just make sure you check your pockets everytime you wake up from sleep.
That might be a bit too silly and artificial though. Maybe the numbers will go up anyhow now that they are playable.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 15, 2021, 11:20:33 am »

The world_history.txt file still seems to count 38?
Just had a silly idea, if the situation gets really dire for the kobolds we could hand out a free kobold companions to each adventurer that wants one. Just make sure you check your pockets everytime you wake up from sleep.
That might be a bit too silly and artificial though. Maybe the numbers will go up anyhow now that they are playable.
My bad, legendsviewer had it at 20 but still i think its dire for them. Mainly from testing, its due to camps not allowing kobold reproduction. Did some testing with ancientknowledge after my turn ended and i made a female kobold and a male kobold did a little tweaking but only got unfertilized kobold eggs so I reckon if a cave is reclaimed on behalf of the kobolds, settled and let time passed it would creature a new kobold empire. But that's just a theory ahaha. If my turn is to remain the same slot, I will try and make a Christmas kobold miracle. For now I look on as the crazy kobold guy. Digging through legends to see if anything else has happened of interest.

EDIT:
So this is interesting the human civilisation of The Armored Confederacy is now officially run just by 15 goblins with Ecsha Fleshychurches the Guild Representative dying of old age. A interesting human seemed to climb through the ranks of The Armored Confederacy and watched as everyone was replaced with goblins. To think he was originally a Sewer Commissioner in the goblin run Creamy Confederacy (another human civ). Became a Chief Executioner, Chief doctor, High Butler, Royal Chamberlain, Chief Treasurer and his final position of guild Representative for The Armored Confederacy
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 12:01:28 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 15, 2021, 12:41:21 pm »

So this is interesting the human civilisation of The Armored Confederacy is now officially run just by 15 goblins with Ecsha Fleshychurches the Guild Representative dying of old age. A interesting human seemed to climb through the ranks of The Armored Confederacy and watched as everyone was replaced with goblins. To think he was originally a Sewer Commissioner in the goblin run Creamy Confederacy (another human civ). Became a Chief Executioner, Chief doctor, High Butler, Royal Chamberlain, Chief Treasurer and his final position of guild Representative for The Armored Confederacy
Yeah, the goblins are seeping into human and dwarven rulership roles like puss in a wound. I'm kinda OK with the necromancer experiments doing so, but the goblin have the slight problem of openly being part of and being called back to take positions in goblin civilizations, goblin civilizations that are at war with the human/dwarven civilizations they're infiltrating. There were some goblins that fought and died against their own gob civs, but that was a matter of circumstances, being stuck in the sieged settlements and presumably being conscripted and the attackers giving no quarter. They're even infiltrating in Omon Obin through religion, which they haven't managed to do in 8 centuries.

Regarding kobold companion, that looks like a recipe to instant tragedy. Kobolds are relatively weak and they'll get ganked at the first ambush. Even if you go to the trouble of making them a vampire, I don't know how much will change. I don't recommend necromancer since you'd have to become some sort of undead to survive their freak-out resurrections and as far as I know, necros aren't given any skills/extra strength. There's also the issue that most of us already have adventurers, so the trickle will be small indeed.

Maybe we can lore it up that they live in the caves, hidden from the world and one or two will come to the surface from time to time as adventurers or companions. Since we have the option to create kobolds regardless of their status in the world.

AvolitionBrit, I created a list of all the named kobolds here if it helps you with anything.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 15, 2021, 12:58:26 pm »

Yeah they infect the world for sure. I did a little.digging and yeah the walled dye I think had a religious order that had a demon under a different Identity and multiple goblin necromancers that have been extremely active in their worship of a god of jewels (commuting and cannot recall the name). They have even been active in recent years. Will update when I detail more

Thanks for the kobolds page. I have a plan on my turn for a return of sorts for the kobolds that might revive their civ. Yeah kobolds are extremely weak, a carving knife disabled Avos leg in a single hit. Also df views kobolds as pets so there's that.

Edit
So my next turn is gonna be very fun :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 01:07:56 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 15, 2021, 01:32:58 pm »

(post-vampirism, because I forgot to take a picture at the start)

11th of Galena, 825
Something is wrong. A strange corruption is present in this land, erasing entire towns from existence as if they were never there in the first place.
Gor, Duskhome, both gone. No one knows where else it will take, and more importantly, no one knows what it is.
I intend to figure this out.

I have learned of a slab of divine knowledge. I think that, if I read this slab at one of the corrupted areas, I might gain some form of insight into what this corruption is.

Bikdá protect me.

16th of Galena, 825
I found no slab in Boltspumpkin, only... various bizarre objects that seem unrelated to whatever is going on.

Among them were 2 barrels of vampire blood. I took a single sip; it feels wrong, but without it I will likely not be able to get to the next possible location, and after all, what are a few bitten necks compared to ignorance of something that is erasing reality?

18th of Galena, 825
Investigated a ruined tower. No slab to be found. I hoped I wouldn't have to do this, but it's time to make the journey to Monkeycurse. With my newfound undeath, I no longer tire and I won't need to bring food or water, but it's still far away and the wilds between here and Monkeycurse are still dangerous.

Still, it must be done. I will get to the bottom of this.

21st of Galena, 825
Swam across the ocean to reach a sadly-only-partial land bridge. I should've drowned. I'm still here.

I then realized that there was a proper bridge I could've used the whole time. Well, too late now.

23rd of Galena, 825
I reached Monkeycurse. The slab wasn't there. A skull totem appeared on a pedestal, then disappeared the following day. Whatever is behind the erasure of Gor and Duskhome is taunting me.

Twinkledcreek is the next possible location. Thankfully, it's relatively nearby.

26th of Galena, 825
I finally found the slab. Well, a slab. Hopefully it's the right one.

OOC: yeah uuuuhhhh I suck at writing so this is the best I could do
it will get better I swear
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 01:43:56 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 15, 2021, 01:45:30 pm »

Pretty nice. Worthy goal. I liked the adventurer's pragmatism,
after all, what are a few bitten necks compared to ignorance of something that is erasing reality?
Indeed.

Wonder what you'll find. I have some fun (!!fun!!) ideas.

Who knows. I found the quirks after the disappearance very interesting indeed.

Just noticed, this is your first turn ever in this thread, right? Congratulations! Hope you have the time for the epic you're hoping for. I remember the first time I finally managed to play in a Museum thread, I felt very good.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 01:47:30 pm by Lurker Z »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 15, 2021, 02:15:23 pm »

I like it, very blunt and honest diary of a someone unable to ignore the sudden disappearance of sites and the strangeness of the world.

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 15, 2021, 03:21:27 pm »

the walled dye I think had a religious order that had a demon under a different Identity
Do you mean Shoveth?
multiple goblin necromancers that have been extremely active in their worship of a god of jewels (commuting and cannot recall the name). They have even been active in recent years.
You mean Avuz Thukkan / The Mine of Ambers, the goddess of balance, wealth and jewels, and her religion Evost Dčg / The Sect of Evenness? Don't worry about them, as far as I know, they're not evil. They did attract a few goblins and have the distinction of being worshiped by a demon ruler of a goblin civilization (Shoveth Nĺzomgenlath Sar), but that's mostly the demon's fault, because Shoveth is weird. He worships Gods, he joins their religious groups, he participated in competitions in civilizations he was actively warring, he's not brought to Orid Xem by a slab/god, he appears 100 years after the world was created, he has no spire.

It's the Gods of death and those that bound demons to Orid Xem (vaults) that we should be worried about.

By the way, as far as I know there are no natural goblin "necromancers", the only ones are the adventurer ones. The rest are actually the ones affected by the Omon blight which Legends Viewer calls necromancers.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 15, 2021, 03:45:28 pm »

Yeah I confused the two as the Flaxen Coven is a group also worshipping the Mine of Ambers who go around destroying other religious sites. Both of these religious orders have a current member of leadership from the curious horror Kutsmob - The master of beasts (The sect of Eveness) and Nako Sprypoison - The Keeper of the seal (The Flaxen Coven) so i would personally keep an eye with these sneaky goblins.

Also Shoveth was such a dude, kinda wished he was alive. He just was wrestling and racing walled dye dwarfs whilst also in a war with the walled dye. Think he won the most competitions in the world. He really loved his wrestling. Such a double life he lead, to the walled dye he was the wrestler and runner Githu Actionmassive the Bold with this athlete buddies, the tamer of Cave crocodile, Giant Olm and cave crawlers.

Until The Curious Horror returned, then he was the leader of The Curious horror. Who was struck down by a name lost to time.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 263