Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 407979 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1260 on: November 15, 2021, 06:00:19 pm »

There are some leftover mythical creatures left... I think. There's one roc left alive, and oh my, Calovi got killed. That's interesting.

Yes, Moldath killed Calovi at her shrine, and her skull is now on exhibition at the Museum.

Interested to hear that Moldath the Blind Sadist is now a Baron...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 15, 2021, 07:30:41 pm »

Yes, Moldath killed Calovi at her shrine, and her skull is now on exhibition at the Museum.

Interested to hear that Moldath the Blind Sadist is now a Baron...

Congrats on your ascension into the upper echelon of The Walled Dye
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 08:41:38 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 16, 2021, 12:00:57 pm »

27th of Galena, 825
I'm back on the mainland. Actually used the bridge this time.
Let's hope I can make it to Duskhome.

4th of Limestone, 825
I've crossed the mountains. Duskhome is within reach.

5th of Limestone, 825
I'm here. There is no town, just emptiness, but there are still people here, somehow. I'm not sure if they were the ones here before it got erased, or if they're from elsewhere.

I won't read the slab yet. I have to see what happened in Gor, too. Then it'll be time.

8th of Limestone, 825
Gor is even more empty than Duskhome. There is no one left.

I was attacked by SOMETHING. A massive, quadrupedal thing composed of ash. It seemed not entirely solid, as if it wasn't meant to be here. It's a good thing I can't get tired anymore.

I'm going to read the slab in the morning. I hope this is really what I was looking for.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 06:16:55 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 16, 2021, 04:49:22 pm »

Actually used the bridge this time.
Can we get a print screen of which bridge you're refering to? You don't have to go back with the adventurer or anything, use the map in Legends Mode or a throw-away pre-created new fortress or Legends Viewer.
I was attacked by SOMETHING. A massive, quadrupedal thing composed of ash. It seemed not entirely solid, as if it wasn't meant to be here. It's a good thing I can't get tired anymore.

I told you so.
Wonder what you'll find. I have some fun (!!fun!!) ideas.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, since we're on the subject, probably super-spoilery, so click on your own risk, but my own compedium of Orid Xem demons taken from various sources. Enjoy the horror! (In hindsight, I should have posted this on Halloween, but it's a good time as any).

Edit: Yep, that's a
translated name Thiefpuzzles the Wicked for who wants to look him up in Legends Viewer. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 05:38:49 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 16, 2021, 05:40:44 pm »

Can we get a print screen of which bridge you're refering to? You don't have to go back with the adventurer or anything, use the map in Legends Mode or a throw-away pre-created new fortress or Legends Viewer.

Based on the description and circumstances it must be Razorbridge?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 16, 2021, 06:12:56 pm »

I told you so.
I told you so.
oldoo
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 16, 2021, 06:14:08 pm »

I told you so.
I told you so.
oldoo
Yeah, I noticed I bolded mostly the o-s, but I couldn't be bothered to do it more random. :)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 16, 2021, 06:14:36 pm »

Based on the description and circumstances it must be Razorbridge?
Looked at the map and yeah it was Razorbridge.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 16, 2021, 06:15:23 pm »

I told you so.
I told you so.
oldoo
Yeah, I noticed I bolded mostly the o-s, but I couldn't be bothered to do it more random. :)
I wasn't bolding things randomly. ;)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 17, 2021, 05:34:04 am »

Also, since we're on the subject, probably super-spoilery, so click on your own risk, but my own compedium of Orid Xem demons taken from various sources. Enjoy the horror! (In hindsight, I should have posted this on Halloween, but it's a good time as any).

This is quite interesting. I think it explains why the Blind Sadist, Moldath, is rotting.

I encountered a masterwork adamantine battle axe in a stairwell in IronWards which was coated in dwarf blood and light blue devil gore, which I drank.

It seems from your list of demons that light blue devils have deadly blood… oops.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 17, 2021, 05:56:51 am »

This is quite interesting. I think it explains why the Blind Sadist, Moldath, is rotting.

I encountered a masterwork adamantine battle axe in a stairwell in IronWards which was coated in dwarf blood and light blue devil gore, which I drank.
That certainly does, with my medical dwarfs running around trying to discover this mysterious illness has befallen you.

Urist Mcnoname "Must of been something he ate". Followed by an eyeroll from the head doctor.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 17, 2021, 06:16:44 am »

It seems from your list of demons that light blue devils have deadly blood… oops.
I'm not too sure that the blood-drinking is the cause of that - LBD blood only seems to cause blisters and unconsciousness, rather than outright necrosis (unless the blisters being left untreated for a while causes it to progress to necrosis?).

I wasn't bolding things randomly. ;)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 17, 2021, 07:42:56 am »

I'm not too sure that the blood-drinking is the cause of that - LBD blood only seems to cause blisters and unconsciousness, rather than outright necrosis (unless the blisters being left untreated for a while causes it to progress to necrosis?).

Hmm I don't know how the game mechanics work exactly but syndromes appear to be somewhat dose or body size dependant? Ingestion may be a worst case exposure, and licking may be even worse?

A well known example of that is that cats were dying of alcohol poisoning a few versions back, because they were licking it of their paws when cleaning themselves.
Moldath has basically done the same thing here.
Licking poorly identified substances from the floor or other objects is a dangerous habit from a health perspective. Even when it tastes good.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 07:56:10 am by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 17, 2021, 08:36:00 am »

I guess I’ll never know for sure.

Some of the intelligent undead types have a “rot” magic ability which could also explain it - I ran into a few of them hunting necromancers.

Moldath is basically covered in scar tissue now - the medical dwarfs at Ancientknowledge chopped off all of his flesh they could find, but his internal organs and bones are still rotten.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 17, 2021, 10:58:26 am »

Well, I'm glad the page could answer some questions (or give rise to 10 more, that's good too).

Could it be an evil biome effect? Some have blood that falls like rain and does things to the affected.

I recommend a resource:
Code: [Select]
gui/gm-editorYou need only type the text into DF Hack while positioned over the character you wish to inspect. (It works both in Fortress Mode and Adventure Mode.) If you can figure out your way in the labyrinth that is this very stuffy page, maybe you can find details on the syndrome you're looking for.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 263