Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 408243 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1515 on: January 11, 2022, 06:08:27 pm »

So in theory seven hundred and sixty five gremlins, liturally a plague of surface gremlins as they live up to 1000 years. Not to mention gremlin reproduction. A true blight. Just walks into the musuem infested with hundreds of joke tellers.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: January 12, 2022, 01:32:44 am »

More if you sell your clothes and weapons...

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 12, 2022, 02:22:58 am »

Ahahahaha. Would be good for populating empty hamlets

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 12, 2022, 10:28:33 am »

So in theory seven hundred and sixty five gremlins, liturally a plague of surface gremlins as they live up to 1000 years. Not to mention gremlin reproduction. A true blight. Just walks into the musuem infested with hundreds of joke tellers.
Considering the state of Orid Xem, that sounds more like a massacre waiting to happen. That someone can theoretically live for eternity doesn't mean they can't get killed easily enough. Just ask goblins, elves, demons, necromancers, vampires, megabeasts, undead and Kikrost...

Though it'd be an interesting (thought) experiment to start with over 1000 gremlins or other such creatures and see how many survive the first decade, half a century, century etc. Do they marry and multiply? Do they fade out? What of the Gremlin Father/Mother who sold the clothes off their backs (to... the... Gods... presumably?...) so they can bring more gremlins to the world?

I've got too many irons in the fire to take up the task myself, so good luck if anyone tries/manages.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 10:47:50 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 12, 2022, 10:58:16 am »

Well obviously I was just talking about them in a vacuum but yeah of course someone would very quickly massacre them. It is a very interesting experiment and I welcome any mad person willing to forgo it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:11:18 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 12, 2022, 10:59:06 am »

If nobody beats me to it I might do it for my next turn. Time passes quickly in the museum game and the game setup would be quite suitable for running an experiment like this..

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 12, 2022, 11:16:13 am »

Could be fun to see a group of adventurers guiding a goblin civilization to a promise land

Edit: Interesting pets that you could acquire if you had the points. Rocs, hydras, dragons and sea serpents.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:41:06 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: January 12, 2022, 06:05:19 pm »

And I'm building a fortress. I'll leave it up to you to guess if I achieved my goals early, or met an untimely end.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 06:14:37 pm by Bralbaard »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 12, 2022, 06:18:57 pm »

Could be fun to see a group of adventurers guiding a goblin civilization to a promise land

Edit: Interesting pets that you could acquire if you had the points. Rocs, hydras, dragons and sea serpents.
Wait, we can bring back extinct races?!?!?! This would truly be an abomination and a spit in World Generation, Armok, the Gods and history's face at such blatant disregard to the common rules of existence.

I WANT THIS!!!
And I'm building a fortress. I'll leave it up to you to guess if I achieved my goals early, or met an untimely end.
I hope you have time to spend a few good in-game years, I want to see how history beyond (or even for) the adventurers goes forward.

I had a plan, but I've scrapped it for now, on using
Code: [Select]
set-timeskip-durationto let the world progress without intervention from the Turn 1 save for at least a century and to see the differences without the adventurers' presence. I've scrapped it because it takes too much time, 2-3 frames per in-game day. But I might do it someday when I have time or when I want to let the computer work for this all night.

Still, it's much faster than actually making a 100 year fortress and much less interventionist too.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 06:24:11 pm by Lurker Z »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 12, 2022, 06:41:21 pm »

Avoiding this kind of stuff should be added to the rules alongside not starting as a demon.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: January 12, 2022, 06:44:49 pm »

Avoiding this kind of stuff should be added to the rules alongside not starting as a demon.
I agree that they shouldn't be used in adventuring. But bringing them to a fort so they can breed and bring the species back to life? Why not?

I feel the world is a lot lesser without these species existing in at least one place
I'm not sure about the sea serpents (can they live on land?), but I personally would love to see a fortress corralling all these mythical creatures. Maybe one of them becomes sapient and starts roaming the world and becoming a noble and things become even more interesting.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 06:49:58 pm by Lurker Z »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: January 12, 2022, 07:01:48 pm »

Its liturally impossible to get them due to point cost. Most are 500+, with 1 hero you can get around 280ish if i recall. So someone would have to cheat to do it. Just a curious little thing i noticed when looking at outsiders and their pets. Whilst it would be unfair to cheat in that way im curious how it would handle a new dragon, like would people start worshiping it for x and y. Will it be friendly to everyone due to it being a pet. Might do some testing with it in a copy of the world just to see how it behaves. Would be funny if it just instantly turned hostile and killed your adventurer

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: January 12, 2022, 07:05:12 pm »

Would be funny if it just instantly turned hostile and killed your adventurer
It probably wouldn't be in the options if it would do that, but then again DF is still in development.

Reminder though that a demon nominally a noble of Adilatír attacked Bralbaard on sight (maybe it accidentally breathed fire in his direction?), despite being from the same civilization (making abstract the fact that he was its King). So obviously non-civilized creatures that ascend to some measure of nobility/sapience/civilization are bugged in ways we have just started scratching the surface.

Also reminder that Nirmek was kicked out of his noble position for unknown reasons, but for what I assume that the game couldn't handle a non-civilized creature being a noble.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 07:11:03 pm by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 12, 2022, 09:19:54 pm »

I do hope that your fort prospers unmolested by thirsty rotting blind sadists and their ilk.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 13, 2022, 03:03:32 am »

holy shit i did not expect this community game to be still active and alive while i was gone and very busy in the past, nice to see it's still going
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 263