Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 261

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 392328 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2010 on: May 11, 2022, 04:06:47 am »

A new law-giver, truly a worthy holder of it.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 11, 2022, 07:27:23 am »

Just looking through Legends Mode just now.

He actually did it... Unraveller made a new capital for Omon Obin, became the new Law Giver and then got married. I don't know how any of that is possible, but he did it. Magnificent bastard.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 11, 2022, 07:42:42 am »

Just looking through Legends Mode just now.

He actually did it... Unraveller made a new capital for Omon Obin, became the new Law Giver and then got married. I don't know how any of that is possible, but he did it. Magnificent bastard.

That's truly impressive, haven't had a poke in legends mode yet but could be interesting to see Ras' lineage continue onwards through the years.

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 11, 2022, 04:30:09 pm »

That was a properly epic turn Unraveller!
I updated a lot of stuff but will have to go through the posts again to check which fortresses you visited.
I added a mission to the missions section to retrieve Clearingheaven the Quiescent Heather as you suggested, but there's a good chance it will dissapear again after being submitted.
Should I sign you up again?

I've done a major update of the world map, the old format was getting too crowded. Fortress names can now be displayed on both sides of the map. There's still a lot of stuff that should be rearanged but it is a start:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 04:35:37 pm by Bralbaard »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 11, 2022, 09:01:28 pm »

Ok, a lot to catch up on but I've got the save and finally enough time to play it. I'll start soon!
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 12, 2022, 01:04:06 am »

That was a properly epic turn Unraveller!
I updated a lot of stuff but will have to go through the posts again to check which fortresses you visited.
I added a mission to the missions section to retrieve Clearingheaven the Quiescent Heather as you suggested, but there's a good chance it will dissapear again after being submitted.
Should I sign you up again?

I've done a major update of the world map, the old format was getting too crowded. Fortress names can now be displayed on both sides of the map. There's still a lot of stuff that should be rearanged but it is a start:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Absolutely, I'd love another go. Didn't have much opportunity to visit many player-sites. Just Clearmasters, Stockadeoutrage, The Shelter/Herograves and of course the Museum.

New map changes are looking good, maybe we can just infinitely widen the blackspace as we continue into the 1000s, haha.

I completely forgot about this happening, guess you can strike their being interred in Herograves from the main post as they're probably off wandering around. . . Well except for Lurker, who ended up dying for a second time in Swordgleamed funnily enough. What did Holyblood actually do with these old heroes, Avolition?

Another note; Turns out the Royal Executioner of Omon Obin -- Nisam Spoonedlover and High Housekeeper -- Ithev Twojoys are vampires! Cursed long ago in 769. Jas and the Band of Wax never did depose the already existing nobles of the court, simply due to me forgetting. Hopefully they've the interests of the Realm of Silver in mind much like Galka.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 11:22:50 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: May 13, 2022, 05:39:33 am »

I raised them from their graves, i wanted to bring back warriors of old to help protect the world but some come back hostile and others don't.

Also they have an interesting behavior of being raised and wandering to a random place. If i recall correctly i has traveling with one of the museum goblins and Lurker just randomly showed up and just charges me. Seemed he crossed the Tundra of Heros in the time between ressurection and slaying. I think i saw pictham wandering around but wasn't hostile and i have not seen the bear since the return from the dead.

They can still both be played, would be interesting to see them return and since they are wandering. Its really chance if you encounter them or not. I wonder how their 80 years of wandering has been going.

Would be interesting to see Cathar make a return to play again.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 05:53:23 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: May 13, 2022, 01:34:10 pm »

Considering Lurker headed back to Swordgleamed, perhaps the risen adventurers returned to where they perished in life? Interesting.

Speaking of returning adventurers, I'd love to see Dreamypuzzled actually apotheosis within that goblin one day and return to Orid Xem. Could even df-hack them literally into a Zebra Monster and overlord of the Gobbo Civ, if we wanted to go that far, not certain on that front. Either way it's another fun little plotlime to continue.

I assume Jas is considered a Necromancer because of his RES_40? Funny that merely getting flung by the Weremammoth Fell Ones causes you to be pinged as a Necro. Obviously they don't have immortality or power of life and death, but the Band of Wax did get away from Scarletbronze with permenant Paralysis Resistance! I suppose some residual dark magicks of The Mad Monkey King remain with them even now. . .

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: May 13, 2022, 03:10:02 pm »

I assume Jas is considered a Necromancer because of his RES_40? Funny that merely getting flung by the Weremammoth Fell Ones causes you to be pinged as a Necro. Obviously they don't have immortality or power of life and death, but the Band of Wax did get away from Scarletbronze with permenant Paralysis Resistance! I suppose some residual dark magicks of The Mad Monkey King remain with them even now. . .
Truth be told, that's a goof-up from me editing tired. Just fixed it in the table, but the paralysis resistance thing seems pretty cool.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: May 13, 2022, 03:14:29 pm »

To be fair, they also show up in Legends Viewer when you tick the Necro box. But then again so do the Blighted Thralls. Guess it's anything even related to necro powers.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: May 13, 2022, 03:26:19 pm »

The intelligent undead magic effects being permanently attached to your character is the same bug that means Moldath rots continually. It comes up as an active interaction even though it shouldn't persist based on the raws of the interaction.

I didn't know it made you immune to paralysis though, how did you discover that?

SECRET_RES_POWER_40_3 just means the third power of the intelligent undead raised by SECRET_40, i.e. Fell One Paralysis.

Moldath has managed to accumulate Gaunt Zombie Rot, Empty One Rot, Empty One Blisters, and Empty One Dizziness... gotta catch em all!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: May 13, 2022, 03:43:11 pm »

It seemed as the battles in Scarletbronze went on, and that status accumulated, the Bandsmen could no longer be paralyzed, and rather only the push effect from the Weremammoth's seemed to occur, they always used both in combination on the same target. I assume the 'RES' means resistance, but truly the inner machinations of Dwarf Fort are unknowable.

I wonder if the rot effects can kill a more. . . Mortal being than Moldath.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 03:44:56 pm by Unraveller »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: May 13, 2022, 03:56:37 pm »

Ah so looks like the longer Moldath lives the more rotted and frail he will become. Didn't know had two kinds of rot, as well as other intelligent undead ailments. I wonder if Moldath will manage to get the three secrets he needs before he crumbles. Secret 84 is easy, the other two are tricky. If secret_6 is more prevelant we would liturally have the invisible death killings thousands. Secret 6 has some hope, as Th4dwarfy1 was killed. Its likely his backpack and stuff still exist somewhere with secret_6 but its alot of searching but possible. Secret_49 is almost dead, Innu Velvetstood is the last living necromancer to know that knowledge. It could be possilbe to lure him towards a tower or even better a fort and get him assigned to a library. All of the missing writing died with Bil  Hammertome. Ironic, he had the secret of multiple necromancer schools in his hands and dies of old age. Seemingly taking the secrets of The Certain Urns to the grave. I did try to see if reclaiming treatyseed would allow dump the items Bil had on him during his death but alas they seem truly lost to us.

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: May 13, 2022, 04:39:01 pm »

I too discovered that Innu Velvetstood was still alive while browsing legends mode. I am hopeful he will still be alive on my next turn :D

Secret_6 I think will be next to impossible to recover, as Shieldtempests belongings are "lost" by the game.

The Certain Urns was thrown into a volcano, so it is lost forever.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: May 13, 2022, 04:52:30 pm »

Assuming it wasn't made out of flamable/meltable material, a careful Dwarven Submarine may be able to recover it. Not certain about whether or not any of our undead fellows can retrieve  it, doesn't lava and fire do 'bleeding' damage so to speak?
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 261