Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409643 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2040 on: May 19, 2022, 01:19:55 am »

Alright, adventure finished! Here's the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15943

The world was mostly stable, but I couldn't enter Warshrieks. The game crashed every time I got near it.

I'll try to get the first post done tomorrow.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: May 19, 2022, 01:31:40 am »

Quantum drop, if you are reading this, could you hold off from picking up the save game for now?
It appears the issue may be similar to the Gor/Duskhome corruption. several site files (1667-1669) appear to be missing from the save, and the file for Warshrieks may have become corrupted (1666). I will try to investigate this evening.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: May 19, 2022, 02:35:09 am »

Quantum drop, if you are reading this, could you hold off from picking up the save game for now?
It appears the issue may be similar to the Gor/Duskhome corruption. several site files (1667-1669) appear to be missing from the save, and the file for Warshrieks may have become corrupted (1666). I will try to investigate this evening.
No problem with holding off on picking up the save until/if this problem can be fixed.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: May 19, 2022, 03:05:50 am »

Looks like the worm has stuck again.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: May 19, 2022, 07:18:27 am »

Oh no, not again!

Is it fixable? What is causing the site corruption?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: May 19, 2022, 09:21:10 am »

It's good to see the gang's all here. Hope the corruption gets fixed.

I'd like to ask to be taken off the turn list. I don't feel I'll be able to do justice to the game either in adventure mode or even fortress mode in the near future. I'll continue to lurk, but I'm way behind even in the posts after my turn. Maybe when I'll have time, I'll read the entire thread again and inspiration will return. Until then, good luck to everyone and I hope I get to read everything soon.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: May 19, 2022, 09:59:21 am »

Yeah hope so, see you're going to live up to your namesake Lurker. Shame to see you go quiet and I do hope you stick around and do return
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 10:02:17 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: May 19, 2022, 11:49:37 am »

I'll echo that! Your commentary and enthusiasm on delving into the history and legends of Orid Xem is a good reason for what drove me to keep coming back and playing here! Still, don't take that as any pressure, I hope everything is well on your end Lurker.
I've lost control of my life.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: May 19, 2022, 01:40:11 pm »

Yes, feel free to unlurk any time, I enjoy reading your comments and stories.

---

About our fight with the corruption: It appears that the problem has been present since Eric's turn, Warshrieks is already broken in the version that he uploaded. I hope he still has a working version somewhere on his harddrive, that way we may be able to fix some stuff. Anyhow, I'll send him a PM to check if he still has something..

Because some site files are missing entirely, I strongly suspect that the underlying issue is the same as it was for Gor and Duskhome, the villages that were founded in his turn are also affected.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:54:18 pm by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: May 19, 2022, 01:48:19 pm »

Do we know what causes the corruption?

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: May 19, 2022, 01:52:19 pm »

No.
It could be a dwarf fortress problem, where the game is not saved completely, or it could be some bug during uploading or archiving of the file, so not caused by DF, but that may be less likely now that it has happened twice?

I guess if Eric has a working copy we could be a bit closer to solving the issue.
For reference, discussion on the earlier corruption that was largely fixed, starts about here.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 02:23:03 pm by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: May 19, 2022, 01:54:24 pm »

I'm going to check the savegame on my computer and see if those files are present tonight, will be like 12 hours I just pulled into work
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: May 19, 2022, 02:32:22 pm »

Thanks Eric!

It is worth noting that you already mentioned that there were some issues with the save game during your turn and that you might delete it, so I guess the odds are not in favour of the save being there..
I wonder if the large increase in file size (over a gigabite!) is related..

Oh, also also also, I kept the modified objects folder, just renamed it, and replaced it with a vanilla objects folder and added the changes to dwarves and kobolds.

Also also, the save on my computer came out to 4.11 gb, up from 2.91 after unpacking the turn 78 save. WTF? I might have to delete the save just because my laptop only has like 10 gigs of space left and i cant run my external HDD without a reliable power source

It appears that the save file increase is entirely due to the world.dat size almost increasing in size tenfold. Somehow the save game size returned to more sane proportions the next turn, it seems to randomly go up and down now that I'm looking into it. This might not be related after all. 

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 02:42:53 pm by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: May 19, 2022, 02:58:54 pm »

Okay, so decided to throw myself at this and see what i can figure out. Gonna also look at the previous time this bug happened to test a few things. So currently if you tried to load or visit Warshrieks. It will crash you and give you the following error

Spoiler: Error message (click to show/hide)

The last line appears to be or related to this - http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2422

Messing around with this script atm - https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/_auto/fix.html#fix-item-occupancy - No dice
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 03:01:31 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: May 19, 2022, 04:41:38 pm »

Further observations.

The villages that were build during Eric's turn work just fine even if they don't have site-xxxx.dat files. So that might be just natural behaviour for sites founded by the game. If so the current corruption could be unrelated to the Gor/Duskhome issues (and possibly limited to just Warshrieks itself)?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 263