Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 410086 times)

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2280 on: September 10, 2022, 08:09:10 am »

One had a rough few months and missed a turn, sorry about that. Can one join the queue again?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: September 10, 2022, 02:50:18 pm »

Sure no problem, I'll add you to the list.

Speaking of the list. Kesperan, how is your turn going?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: September 10, 2022, 05:02:58 pm »

Sure no problem, I'll add you to the list.

Speaking of the list. Kesperan, how is your turn going?

I will upload the save tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: September 10, 2022, 08:36:14 pm »

I guess it's time to ask for a spot on the turn list. If there are too many non-shows, I might ask to be bumped down a few turns until November comes around.

I've been making more articles on adventurers, I'm only on page 30 on re-reading the thread. Even with Avolition and Moldath around, I'm once again impressed by some of the earlier adventurers. Lonelythrall is still going to stay in the top 5 personal favorites, he solo-ed a vault with a broken spine almost from the beginning! I'm finding new hidden depths for other adventurers too, Glloyd presented himself as a mild-mannered traveling scholar, but he's the third adventurer to survive in the 10th century after Bralbaard and Lonelythrall and he also has 65 kills, which is not bad at all. Fidale had 32 traveling companions, and she led NINE of them to get epithets (i.e. titles like "the Sorcerous Vise" etc) - talk about to leading to "glory or death" and Fidale has led them to both. Doñas also got some good kills AFTER slaying the dragon, for which he became most known.

Speaking of, QD, any chance of Lonelythrall ever making a return? I suspect you retired him back then because he seemed too OP, but between Avolition and Moldath going full ham and all these ascended adventurers to Kings and Queens of major civilizations, I think Lonelythrall would fit right into the overall story.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 09:02:13 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: September 10, 2022, 09:47:38 pm »

Here is the save.

I didn't have time to make a new fort.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16073

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: September 11, 2022, 05:03:04 am »

Just had a gander at the save, looking forward to seeing your turn writeup Kesperan.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 05:06:03 am by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: September 11, 2022, 07:18:11 am »

Before I forget, please sign me up for another turn.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: September 14, 2022, 05:41:18 pm »

I discovered something I didn't know until now and if this is intentional (it seems to be), it's mind-boggling.

So you know how there are very alive very un-tainted (not blighted thrall etc.) goblins and other creatures in Okgush Irka. Well, hold on to your seats... they were recruited. I first noticed it with Oddom Èrithzenon, leader of that battle, who was just a humble tavern keeper... but then I noticed another goblin tavern keeper who participated in Okgush Irka and had the exact same story:

Some nice undead part of the dwarf necromancer Oddom's army with fancy epithets came into a bar, told war stories to any who listened, became "war buddies" with said tavern keepers despite not being in the same group and never fighting together in a war and a few months later, those bright-eyed tavern keepers became loyal members of the necromancer Oddom's army. This is brilliant!

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: September 15, 2022, 02:59:54 am »

I always get a kick from your lore entries Lurker. The work you’ve put into this is brilliant.

I hope QD has started his turn.

I’ll get my story up as soon as possible, but quite busy at work over next week or so.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: September 15, 2022, 03:03:27 am »

Certainly fascinating little facts of history in the world. Must of been a good time in that tavern during the 4th century

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: September 15, 2022, 10:57:54 am »

Certainly fascinating little facts of history in the world. Must of been a good time in that tavern during the 4th century
Well, it was literally The Last Battle for Orid Xem. It's the equivalent of the LotR movies final battle. It was an ongoing apocalypse narrowly averted. I've seen enough worlds generated to know that a necro can win. In those scenarios, the world generation immensely speeds up, which means the world stagnates without the undead ever being bothered or doing anything.

The fact that undead soldiers from the source of said apocalypse could just waltz around as honored guests in dark fortresses is... interesting. It looks like the place was conquered by the time the goblin Oddom was recruited and she was thus nominally under their control anyway... but she doesn't appear of a member of a previous group before The Scholarly Manors... interesting.

Also, the little I researched into this, it seems other necro groups recruited the same way.

One more aspect that may be notable, the living were rewarded with both lordships and artifacts. Wow, Oddom Thobmunèst wasn't just a mindless hoarder of undead until she could bury Orid Xem in bodies, she actually used tactics and guile.

I always get a kick from your lore entries Lurker. The work you’ve put into this is brilliant.

I’ll get my story up as soon as possible, but quite busy at work over next week or so.
Looking forward to reach your story/stories soon, I'm rereading the thread and I'm only at Raki's debut, a fifth of the way into the thread.

Speaking of QD, he was way ahead of us on some aspects. According to TV Tropes (which means at least two people discovered this before me),
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for the compliments, kesperan. I'm also amazed by Moldath's incredible adventures.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: September 16, 2022, 03:33:43 am »

Yes, QD is playing, he picked up the save on Sunday.
I have updated the turn list, good to have you back on the list Lurker. I really apreciate all the work you've put into the wiki, and look forward to your adventures!

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: September 16, 2022, 03:48:31 am »

Good to see you're back Lurker -- thread hasn't been the same without your deep dives into the lore and discovery of cool facts about Orid Xem's history. To answer your earlier question, I haven't really thought about Lonelythrall for a while, but I figure I can work him into a future turn considering how the world's changed since then.

(I can also confirm I'm playing my turn; wrapping up my main adventure today then moving onto the building of a fort.)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: September 17, 2022, 01:38:44 pm »

Just took a look in the save, Moldath borked his profile both in Legends Viewer and Legends Browser. Also looking forward to the story, the things I've seen are spoilerific.

Thanks for the warm return welcome, everyone. I hope I can do my next turn justice.

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getShortDescription' in class legends.model.events.HfLearnsSecretEvent threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at events.vm[line 30, column 40]

Yes, that makes sense and is as I suspected. Moldath may have learned a few too many secrets for these programs to handle it. One of my other suspicions was that he had too many kills, but that Learns Secret puts me to mind of exactly what it's called.

This might be a word of caution for Avolition not to gather more secrets as his profile might become inaccessible too (it works for now, I checked).

On another note, this is just like Moldath to break the world's perception of him. That's something we've come to expect from him.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 01:50:37 pm by Lurker Z »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: September 17, 2022, 02:25:11 pm »

Yeah, i spotted that his profile isnt readible anymore, we might have to post in legends viewer again and get another bug fix.

I was planning a new character/charcters next turn anyway so we shall see.

Avolition will learn all 12 one day.

Moldath has certainly transended the game and has brought death to his profile. Ala would be proud.

Also cheers for the corrections on the page last night lurker, was trying to keep to the template but i missed some aspects. I will try and be more diligent when adding more pages, even went back over some of my older ones on gods and ettins.

Looking forward to seeing what QD has gotten up to.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 263