Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 410022 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #2355 on: October 11, 2022, 03:01:16 pm »

Some interesting Blind Sadist screenshots:

Moldath thinks he fooled the Page of Tiredness...

Moldath loses his legendary artifact adamantine scimitar with >2000 notable kills...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(HUGE IMAGE)

Moldath is tortured for months on end, having every part of his body repeatedly flayed, then thrown in a cage for five years.

Moldath is so good at deception that he can change his  body shape based on his assumed identity. He is pretty grouchy all things considered.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 11, 2022, 03:02:58 pm »

He is pretty grouchy all things considered.
Understatement of the century

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 11, 2022, 03:35:33 pm »

Is he even him or just the rot gained sapience?

Moldath is a true powerhouse of horror and strength rollled into one. Not to mention all the powers he has aqquired.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: October 11, 2022, 05:38:51 pm »

NOOOOO

I can't even imagine the pain you're feeling having lost all that stuff!! WOW

I guess if we got items we wanna keep we should put them on a pedestal or something so they don't get deleted?
I'm grieving with you I couldn't imagine losing the Ear of Power

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 11, 2022, 05:45:06 pm »

NOOOOO

I guess if we got items we wanna keep we should put them on a pedestal or something so they don't get deleted?

I guess this is the problem when you become attached to your characters in a game as down right unpredictable as this!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 12, 2022, 09:17:00 am »

NOOOOO

I guess this is the problem when you become attached to your characters in a game as down right unpredictable as this!
Yeah it sucks, had Avo the kobold stationed at some hamlet and he just dies in a random battle.

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 12, 2022, 09:50:42 am »

Some interesting Blind Sadist screenshots:

Moldath thinks he fooled the Page of Tiredness...

Moldath loses his legendary artifact adamantine scimitar with >2000 notable kills...

How are you getting those views? Moldath is still borked on LV for me. Did LV get updated?

Is he even him or just the rot gained sapience?

Moldath is a true powerhouse of horror and strength rollled into one. Not to mention all the powers he has aqquired.
Truly, I am sorry for kesperan's losses, but the back and forth between kesperan and Moldath are entertaining. I think it's because Moldath is a vampires, because I haven't seen other necros going from fort to fort like him. Can this be confirmed?

had Avo the kobold stationed at some hamlet and he just dies in a random battle.
I think that's a big mistake a lot of players do when retiring their adventurers. They retire them in places that could be attacked. The first adventurer to be killed in a battle waged by Adilatír was either Nethrez or Èrith. Èrith died in the vault, so when she was brought to life and nobody took her out of there, she survived (and surprisingly wasn't killed by respawning angels like Iden) and just stayed there. Nethrez also made the mistake to retire in a goblin-claimed fort. From my experience, either Adilatír or Omon Obin settlements are the safest to retire, unless someone starts a serious war against Omon Obin in the future. Adilatír may still be vulnerable though, especially periphery holdings or holdings in enemy territory, as well as the danger of the creature coming to forts and dying to Fortress Mode shenanigans. Boltspumpkins seems to have been the safest so far, though Lurker Onecbehal survived well enough even as he was moved through Omon Obin holdings by the game itself. Adilatír is also dangerous because, besides each time someone visits Ilrallenod it triggers some mini-civil war between the religious leaders there,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 12, 2022, 10:26:04 am »

The LV screens are from Eric Blank’s fort page, Moldath still breaks it. I don’t know if the LV thread is being maintained anymore but Avolition posted the big there.

The behaviour of taking a secret identity and migrating to forts is totally a vampire thing. It seems to be overridden if the vampire has a noble position in a fort which is why he didn’t do anything stupid when he was at Clearmasters.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: October 12, 2022, 10:35:17 am »

The LV screens are from Eric Blank’s fort page, Moldath still breaks it. I don’t know if the LV thread is being maintained anymore but Avolition posted the big there.

The behaviour of taking a secret identity and migrating to forts is totally a vampire thing. It seems to be overridden if the vampire has a noble position in a fort which is why he didn’t do anything stupid when he was at Clearmasters.
Yeah, it seems to be repeat behaviour. I suspect even with a noble position, he will move again when they discover he is ageless. But due to him moving around that is unlikely to occur. Might live long enough to become king of the walled dye again. But interesting to see what the blind sadist gets up to next.

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 12, 2022, 12:29:17 pm »

It’s been nearly a week since the save was uploaded and no sign of tonnot98 or Bralbaard.

Think it’s reasonable for the next person to take their turn?

That would be Avolition.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: October 12, 2022, 12:57:49 pm »

Its been almost 6 days, Tomnot hasnt been on since Mid September or active since July. Will wait until its offically six days and if there are no objections pick up the save.

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 12, 2022, 01:09:45 pm »

Its been almost 6 days, Tomnot hasnt been on since Mid September or active since July. Will wait until its offically six days and if there are no objections pick up the save.

I've had no response from Tonnot, I agree we should continue.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 12, 2022, 01:45:32 pm »

Save download. Time to get to work.

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: October 18, 2022, 04:15:38 pm »

Hey, Avolition, how's the turn going?

I've recently revisited this article, on a goblin Master of Malladang, just to finish the story and make the article complete. As I was transcribing the few glimpses from Legends Viewer, I discovered that this guy was a hidden chad. Only in hindsight can I notice that he corrupted this person and that for obscure reasons, the first time I just thought "skippable goblin plots, no big deal". I did notice at first that he started in a goblin civilization different than Malladang, but I figured there must have been *reasons* for him to ascend. Besides, he'd just been ran out of Odiuse by an undead incursion unrelated to Oddom a century after the decisive battle of Okgush Irka after he'd been ran out of a town for being part of a dwarven religion, was writing poetry and was living in a fort. Then on Galena 22, 560 out of a sudden he coups Malladang. This is only the second ever coup I have ever found (and is likely to exist before year 700) in Orid Xem. Up until 700 he travels to the caverns and tames Voracious Cave Crawlers, Cave Crocodile, Giant Cave Toads and Giant Rats. Then, from 700 to 749, everything Malladang has done until (and during) his rule comes crashing down on him, at least 3 of the human civs try to destroy his stronghold in 12 battles which he personally leads and wins. Unscathed. He's finally killed in 780 by Nethrez (QD). But what a run did he have! The insane warrior poet whose idea of "ruling the world" started with couping the most hated civilization in Orid Xem after (or rivaling) Oddom's.

Somewhat related, is Moldath considered a coupist? How did he even rule Adilatir without killing the ruler at the time? Is Kothvir? Is Avolition? Is Jas? Does killing the Kings/Queens until you get their throne count as a coup?
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 18, 2022, 05:20:31 pm »

The turn is well. Currently forting it up, trying out some different things with military that i havnt done much of. Additionally players with werebeast curses, learned that you can raid, had to turn off invaders as i didnt want to kill any characters but was super lucky Desli fell into a cage trap so they are currently being held prisoner. Additionally Moldath showed up twice, started the fort, he comes as a migrant wave, eats a dwarf and I expelled. I retire the fort and do another part of the adventure and then go to start the fort up and he is there again. Tried to get him in to a library and he refuses to cooperate and doesnt want to do anything. He has been sealed in a empty room for years. He is assigned engraving his new room and he refuses to do it. Just been laying there for years. Also need to post the first part of my story as i have that almost finished.

In regards to Coups, thats tricky i would say yes as Avolition took it by force even if he didnt want it.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 263