Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 261

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 392144 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum III: Adventure mode succession game.
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2020, 05:30:49 pm »

So many lives of intrepid folks, snuffed out in a flash on their assumed glorious quests. The Museum is always humbling.

Are we on to the next turn as of yet?
I've lost control of my life.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 10, 2020, 07:57:33 pm »

I apologise for the big names of Forts, I tend to get carried away with names.
The save is here.

And if anyone starts thinking to themselves 'Hmm, I might try visit deepvaulted on my turn' then I have the following advice for you:

Don't. Mistakes were made.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2020, 03:43:31 am »

That's all the more incentive to go there, if only to see how badly it went wrong and satisfy morbid curiosity.

EDIT: Had a look in the Legends Mode for that save. Almost all the player-adventurers I've seen have the line 'It is universally agreed that [PC Name] was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.' Never seen that before - anyone know what's up with that?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 07:01:08 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2020, 07:08:10 am »

I believe that means they were created as 'Heroes'. Though I could be wrong or misremembering. Isn't there a different message there when made as peasants or demigods?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2020, 07:32:38 am »

Before I forget, stick me on the end of the turn list if possible. I’ve never seen that happen in legends mode before though.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2020, 07:54:38 am »

Looked slightly further, and there's a couple with similar messages: a human Necromancer, a Dwarf (both NPC, by the look of it), and Imic's first character (the moth man). They're all listed as being 'guided by forces unknown', and are all highlighted in the way the player characters were.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2020, 01:17:00 pm »

The map has been updated with the two new fortresses. I'll send Maloy a PM.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2020, 01:40:35 pm »

Almost all the player-adventurers I've seen have the line 'It is universally agreed that [PC Name] was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.' Never seen that before - anyone know what's up with that?

Looked slightly further, and there's a couple with similar messages: a human Necromancer, a Dwarf (both NPC, by the look of it), and Imic's first character (the moth man). They're all listed as being 'guided by forces unknown', and are all highlighted in the way the player characters were.

Yeah, those are just flavor-sentences indicating the character's status as a player adventurer-- for heroes and peasants, respectively.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2020, 05:06:59 am »

Okay, it's coming up to a week, and Maloy hasn't been active since June. Do we skip to Tonnot98's turn, or wait another day or two?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2020, 05:32:45 am »

Perhaps a rule could be put in place that if a player does not respond and confirm that they can play the game within a time limit, then they are skipped.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2020, 06:40:53 am »

Perhaps with a caveat that maybe could recieve deference for coming back into a close slot. Just in case. But I agree, that's what kills this.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2020, 08:01:10 am »

Okay, a few ideas, may or may not be good:
  • Pickup time for the save could be 3 days from when Bralbaard sends the user a PM, with the week-long playthrough timer starting when they make a confirmation post in the thread. If they don't post confirmation within 3 days, skip to the next turn.
  • If there's an issue with picking up the file, slot them in 1 or 2 places down from the current player, perhaps?
  • Could check a player's 'Last Active' date; if they've been inactive for a month or longer, perhaps consider skipping their turn? Disregard this.

Last one may be a bit harsh, but I'd say that if the user in question hasn't been on for a month or more, they probably aren't going to show up in time to grab the save.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 02:35:17 am by Quantum Drop »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2020, 04:37:37 pm »

I’d wait for Bralbaard’s judgement, and I’m mixed on number 3, but overall I support this.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 17, 2020, 09:44:56 pm »

I don't know about skipping people out of hand for not being active on the forums, but at the very least we shouldn't be waiting a week for people who aren't active.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2020, 02:34:47 am »

Yeah, in hindsight, disregard that last one. Had some further thought on it and remembered that you can get reminded via email when you get a PM.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 261