Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 262

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 404289 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3000 on: March 20, 2023, 08:46:38 pm »

snip for length
Yeah, Deepvaulted has been overrun with animals for quite a while. I was getting FPS issues there as far back as Lonelythrall's rampage, and I recall there were a *lot* of keas or other animals kicking around the surface there.

For the Blight: Try looking a bit further north. From what I recall (been a while), The High Confederacies, The Empire of Peaks, and The Nations of Honouring all have thralls scattered throughout their sites, with at least half of the Empire of Peaks' leadership being full-fledged thralls. Oh, and maybe have a look at the Goblin pits near the northern edge of the Tundra of Heroes. Menaceworshipped has about half a dozen there, last time I checked, and the others might be either full of undead (reanimated corpses) or just plain dead - can't remember which.

That said, I'm pretty sure the Realm of Silver has a good number of thralls still lurking around in the hamlets and less-populated villages. Can't remember how many, but LV may be able to help you find the clusters if you don't want to spend time picking through every hamlet you come across.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: March 20, 2023, 08:56:00 pm »

I explored most of these. I actually had a Realm of Silver human fort the turn before Flame and I got 16 thralls in a 50 cap fort. That being said, I'm not particularly sure where the game got those thralls, as as far as I know, Unraveler made a good showing of exterminating most of them, and all 16 came with basically missing everything, but somehow still alive. Even after I killed them, they still appear as alive in Legends Viewer, so that's a really weird bug.

The Empire of Peaks' ghoul problem I also ended in my turn, but at least a blighted thrall replaced the dead Law-Giver. Not sure about the other places. The Nations of Honoring has been led by an (unblighted) elf since the 900s for those who don't know this tidbit yet. Mong Uthros-elf relationship have gone a long way when in the 1st century, they were the first nations in the world to war upon each other. Oddom brought together human, elf and even goblin in relative peace and alliance against her attempt at world domination. And I've walked from Omon Obin lands all the way to the elven capital and back and found not an elf, even if LV says there are still around 800 living elves.

Edit: There appear to be at least two thralls in Law-Giver Alatha's court.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 09:46:10 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: March 21, 2023, 08:24:53 pm »

The Empire of Peaks' ghoul problem I also ended in my turn, but at least a blighted thrall replaced the dead Law-Giver.

Edit: There appear to be at least two thralls in Law-Giver Alatha's court.
There were a lot more than that. Not any more.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: March 21, 2023, 08:45:38 pm »

Is that Alatha dead then? That is a shame - I had an idea for a story involving him for my next turn.

Will need to see who the new law-giver is now!

I also came across an interesting tidbit. Boltspumpkin is ruled by a bandit gang, The Work of Phrasing, and the previous ringleader was a goblin slave called Ngokang Strangecurses. He was "freed" by Avolition many years ago. It appears that Lurker killed Ngokang in 956 in a village in the Realm of Silver - so Boltspumpkin has a new ruler - a human female ringleader called Rope Mobbedwilt. They don't seem to reside in Boltspumpkin, though, and were last seen in Championvault...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: March 21, 2023, 09:32:54 pm »

Is that Alatha dead then? That is a shame - I had an idea for a story involving him for my next turn.
Alatha's the elf and he wasn't blighted last time I checked. Don't know about the ears.
I also came across an interesting tidbit. Boltspumpkin is ruled by a bandit gang, The Work of Phrasing, and the previous ringleader was a goblin slave called Ngokang Strangecurses. He was "freed" by Avolition many years ago. It appears that Lurker killed Ngokang in 956 in a village in the Realm of Silver - so Boltspumpkin has a new ruler - a human female ringleader called Rope Mobbedwilt. They don't seem to reside in Boltspumpkin, though, and were last seen in Championvault...
Ah snap, I killed Ngokang?! I didn't realize it, as far as I knew he was under adventurer truce and I don't remember killing goblins near Boltspumpkin. At least the group didn't die. Ngokang was Bralbaard's co-founder of the Museum, he's the goblin bandit he's talking about in his first adventure post in this thread.

Let me boot up Legends Viewer and take a look for myself. I know I killed some goblins, but I'm pretty sure it was from Entrancegrape to Glacialtempest.

Hm, yes, not my fault, Boltspumpkin is to the west and Ngokang was in a town to the east. Specifically in an Omon Obin town. There's not even a mention in LV that Ngokang settled in Getakocgi. I didn't have a reason to check the names of the gobs I was killing (assuming it even gave me the name and not just a description).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 09:44:41 pm by Lurker Z »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: March 22, 2023, 02:50:43 am »

Were you just engaging in indescriminant slaughter of any and all goblins?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: March 22, 2023, 05:18:30 am »

Yes. But I've met Ngokang (and that goblin lady, I forgot her name, but she's considered "Museum staff" too) with other characters and I left alone any goblin in good relations with the Museum.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: March 22, 2023, 05:21:30 am »

Well, this is hardly the first time an adventurer kills a noteworthy historical figure without noticing it.

Honestly, this is a good thing. We didn't knew where Ngotang was, so he was effectively lost to the game, but now we now where the corpse is, so somebody can go resurrect him. (Or at least recover the corpse for burial).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 05:23:08 am by Broken »
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: March 22, 2023, 09:57:54 am »

I tried unretire-anyone on Rope Mobbedwilt, and she is hanging out in Championvault. Not sure why she hasn't been summoned to Boltspumpkin.

Checked out the Museum too and the item scattering is still there. The only way to fix it might be to embark a fort on top of Boltspumpkin, but that would be a risky move.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: March 22, 2023, 10:09:43 am »

I don't agree with Bralbaard's worries that a fort would attract invasions more than usual, since we've seen in 707-708 the elf capital was sacked without any player interference or fault, which to me means that enemy civilizations do not target settlements based on them having been a player fort or not.

That being said, I do worry about other technical issues should a fort be built on top of Boltspumpkin. That being said, me building a fort on top two NPC towns so far has not resulted in any problems. If built, the fortress should probably never be unretired, because that once again causes all sorts of technical issues (item scattering, items dumped out of bins etc.).

I tried unretire-anyone on Rope Mobbedwilt, and she is hanging out in Championvault. Not sure why she hasn't been summoned to Boltspumpkin.
In that vein, there were some dwarves who ascended to Barons and simply refused to leave for the capital. I don't know if the behavior is random, tied to something random (i.e. dwarf has weapon on, dwarf is hauling etc.) or if they're smart enough to realize the massacres happening in Ilrallenod and not wanting to be part of that.

Ah, when it comes to "outcast"/bandit groups, I think most ascended leaders remain in the town they lived in. For example, Kem Kilaura should have probably moved to Odiuse once he ascended as the leader of the large outcast group, but remained in Mabkor.

In contrast, Ngokang left because Avolition freed him, which I suspected messed up his AI pathing (around the world).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 10:21:29 am by Lurker Z »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: March 22, 2023, 04:22:11 pm »

I've been wandering the central plains, checking whether wanderers are hostile or not. In between putting down Hannibal's ghouls, I've also been fighting (and getting nearly murdered by) Raki's hollow zombies. My left arm is ruined. I have a bolt in my cheek. The only reason I escaped is because my steel greaves are impenetrable and we happened to be fighting next to a dark pits.

Ulux Lusmza the silver two-handed sword only has 84 kills. I'll have to wield it one-handed from now on.

Then I have two crossbows that need about 160 kills between them.

:'(

Then I traveled over the tundra to hunt more ghouls, and found some of Irka's companions, and this ABSOLUTE CHAD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: March 22, 2023, 04:43:11 pm »

The year of 927 was a romantic year for the humans of the realm of silver, alot of short flings. Seems he wanted to find the one, which was a chance when he decided to become a scholar and then 4 days latter read Demise: A brief History and learned the secrets of lift and death. He married Ngahen Earlygrooves who had a simular pattern of romances during 927. Who became a scholar.

Also he joined a religious order called The Cult of Kindness, a religous group of humans centered around the worship of the human deity Otu lovelycherished. The Realm of Silver deity of healing. Infact he is the holy peace of the religion. Which is the leader of the religon.

Interesting for sure.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: March 22, 2023, 05:21:16 pm »

The little goblin that could is more of a chad than most (or all) NPCs in Orid Xem just from the glimpses you're giving us.

As for the Omon Obin and/or Irka's necros, I've noticed the same as Avolition, that they had relations with anything in their close proximity that moved. I blame it on some low-key bug with human forts, just like how the Señamatem districts had humans with goblin names instead of the usual naming convention of at least Omon Obin, if not some other general human civilization.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: March 22, 2023, 05:58:31 pm »

Most likely but its interesting to see that almost 300 years on and alot of history the world is still throwing up some interesting occurances. Looking forward to seeing what the reincarnation of the demon has been up to
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: March 22, 2023, 07:39:12 pm »

UUUUGGGGHHHH I forgot to save, crashed, and lost like 4 hours of progress.

Spoiler: didn't happen (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 262