Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409271 times)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3885 on: March 08, 2024, 09:49:14 pm »

Funny people should be discussing the end times, as I had a fey mood strike me earlier today for what my next abomination should be.

And I was thinking it should involve my own character. Specifically, it'll involve chopping my own head off, and then sewing it onto neck of a headless reanimated roc. Afterwards, I will then transfer my soul into it, thus linking its body my own character's historical data. Thus I will become the corpse sphinx, from the ashes of one of the great powers.

And that could be kind of neat.

I'm thinking the roc corpse bird sphinx, in addition to its rotten flesh, should have spears and various other medieval implements stuck in its torso. You want the scary to look right.

And maybe wear kind of crown made out of... teeth? No, no, we can do better than that. Much better.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: March 09, 2024, 03:13:33 am »

How the hell do you link historical figures? Wouldn't that break the history data and cause crashes?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: March 09, 2024, 08:09:40 am »

How the hell do you link historical figures? Wouldn't that break the history data and cause crashes?

Its because he is switching souls with the roc corpse, so he will take over the rock corpse with the head sewn on so it will have the roc history. So its more of an flavour that their head is actually working on the body. Atleast thats my understanding.

The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: March 09, 2024, 08:12:04 am »

@grate I really wonder what part your character will play at the end of the world scenario lol

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: March 09, 2024, 01:41:59 pm »

I don't want to carry the story over from one Museum to the next. I want a fresh slate. Other people deserve to be the legends this time.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: March 09, 2024, 02:59:17 pm »

I don't want to carry the story over from one Museum to the next. I want a fresh slate. Other people deserve to be the legends this time.
I doubt anyone would disagree with this, Orid Xem has had almost four years worth of storytelling (anniversary tomorrow!) so it is time to put it to rest so we can break the limits of the new version! I sure do hope that the villains system is more fleshed out, and the world is more alive post-generation, otherwise I feel like we're going to get a lot of the same characters but different only in name.

All that being said, could I be added to the turn list again, Bralbaard? I'm thinking of bringing Yawo Rainstir back from his century of meditation.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 03:04:33 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: March 14, 2024, 06:24:15 pm »

I will pick the save up tonight

How are you getting on Avo? Have you managed to kill all the goblins in the world yet?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: March 15, 2024, 09:58:14 pm »

I will pick the save up tonight

How are you getting on Avo? Have you managed to kill all the goblins in the world yet?
I did enough.

Seems that the world didn't like me starting a new fortress and kept crashing at the same date. Not sure why. Picked up in false tower and prepared the dwarven army for the end of the world

Need to catch up on 3 turns of story.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ysag7ULMCjfJP4MqAI6Ac1CjUU5-A1G-/view?usp=drive_link
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: March 16, 2024, 11:50:32 am »

I guess that is QD's turn now then.

And FAO Bralbaard: There are a few Museum submissions which haven't been updated on the front page:

74: Rhythmshowers the Pure Crosses, Artifact adamantine longsword This sword was once wielded by Tirin Nightwhisper in defence of the Eternal Citadel. It was gifted to merchants of Dalzatèzum, allowing them to return from the mists of time and reclaim Kosothducim, Palacework. Submitted by Ineth Relicheart, King of The Matched Hame (Kesperan) - Turn 139.

75. Ransackcontrols, Artifact copper earring depicting adventurer of the Museum Stukos Mournsaints defeating a hollow hunter in the Tundra of Heroes with The Eagle-Crab of Contests. Submitted by Thikut Dyeblade, Queen Consort of The Matched Hame (Kesperan) - Turn 142.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 01:14:58 pm by kesperan »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: March 16, 2024, 08:40:08 pm »

I'll get to work on it either today or tomorrow - hopefully won't have PC issues again.  :-[

EDIT: Finally got started today. Turns out bark scorpion men can't swim. Oops.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 02:26:47 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: March 19, 2024, 05:12:45 pm »

Spoiler: Eri's Journey (click to show/hide)

This is the last section. Estre and Geth were already married when I unretired them, and had three children together once they'd settled in at Livingdead. I mostly did that so that they would have children, since I've noticed that married couple off-screen don't seem to produce any. They still had their molemarian and giant toad with them too. I gave the molemarian an axe and shield, but she proved completely useless and refused to fight unless controlled directly. Which is why she shows up in the list of creatures to unretire, coincidentally... I also didn't realize that I'd left myself a timebomb there in that one fort. Didn't know what the book was about.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: March 21, 2024, 06:57:18 pm »

I want to see the caretaker of the museum load into fort mode.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: March 24, 2024, 02:13:57 pm »

I'm going to ask for an extension of my turn until Thursday evening (rather than Tuesday). Weekend was way busier than I expected, so I haven't been able to work as much as I'd like on my fort mode build. (Which I'm kicking myself over, since it's proven much more complicated to implement than I expected it would.)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: March 25, 2024, 09:12:26 am »

Fine by me.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: March 28, 2024, 07:38:40 am »

Right. Fortress gets to roughly the third month of 1097, runs a few days, then crashes. Errorlog's completely blank. Retire hasn't resolved that (just crashes a couple days after unretire,) nor has going back to the earliest backup of the fortress I have. Add that to the fact the fortress was the main thing I'd been going for this turn and the loss of about half a day's work on it, I'm throwing in the towel.

TL;DR: Please skip over me and go onto Kesperan from Avoliton's save. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 263