Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409610 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3900 on: March 28, 2024, 10:11:09 am »

QD, the turn list is quite short just now as things seem to be winding down.

I’m working over the Easter weekend so I don’t mind if you want to hold on to the save until next week if you want a bit longer to try your fort plans again.

If you’d rather I just take the last save then I can do that but my playtime is going to be limited until at least Tuesday.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: March 28, 2024, 02:42:43 pm »

Only 3 weeks until New Adventure Mode. Though I'm sure the Museum IV won't start immediately after the update.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: March 28, 2024, 02:58:49 pm »

I was actually thinking on that a while ago, and I've come up with two draft scenarios so far. They're both very rough outlines and I'm open to criticism or fresh ideas on them, particularly from others who want to contribute heroes/villains to the final battle:

Oh yeah speaking of do we have a good idea of who are documenter of the apocalypse should be?

They'd be the player doing the turn after we set it all up.

Finally, any preference at all for location? I'd say somewhere extremely significant historically. Such as the museum, but I know there are other locations. Makbor can be a candidate too.

I liked QD's circus comes to town only because it would be difficult to get intelligent undead adventurers to combat undead because of the way the AI is designed.
We could have a third faction that has necromancers and such show up to throw a wrench into things? Or is that too much?
[/list]

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: March 28, 2024, 03:31:04 pm »

I’m working over the Easter weekend so I don’t mind if you want to hold on to the save until next week if you want a bit longer to try your fort plans again.

If you’d rather I just take the last save then I can do that but my playtime is going to be limited until at least Tuesday.
If that's the case, I'll try my fort plan again until you're ready. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid whatever caused the crash this time.

Oh yeah speaking of do we have a good idea of who are documenter of the apocalypse should be?

They'd be the player doing the turn after we set it all up.
I don't think we've really thought about that. Possibly Bralbaard, if he's willing and able, considering he's the one technically running the show?

Finally, any preference at all for location? I'd say somewhere extremely significant historically. Such as the museum, but I know there are other locations. Makbor can be a candidate too.
A few ideas for the final battle place:

• The Museum: Obvious choice; where better to end Museum III than the place where it all started out? Also plenty of artefacts and submissions that could see use by either side for an extra dose of fun. Terrain is fairly conducive to the battle as well, though the hilly bits may cause issues with the log.
  • Skullhated: Site of one of the bloodiest battles in Orid Xem's history, and one of the more  important in the context of the setting-defining war against the living by Oddom. The central spire's throne room would also be a pretty good place for a final battle, since IIRC they tend to be wide, regular and relatively open spaces.
  • Stealmountain/Poisonuttered: Both of these sites are original Dark Fortresses, with the associated spires to the Circus. While they're not that historically significant by comparison, it provides some story opportunities if we go for the Circus idea.
  • Heroicgem: Oddom's original tower. Obvious historical significance aside, the area round the central tower should be another good battle spot due to its openness.

We could have a third faction that has necromancers and such show up to throw a wrench into things? Or is that too much?
I think it could work. At the very least it would provide a bit of extra Fun for anything living, like the Clown army and possibly a handful of adventurers. Could probably throw some thralls in there as well, considering the Blight clown car/mosh pit that is Ghoulcreek.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: March 28, 2024, 06:39:04 pm »

If that's the case, I'll try my fort plan again until you're ready. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid whatever caused the crash this time.

Save often, and make backups :D

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: March 29, 2024, 06:46:01 am »

A few ideas for the final battle place:

• The Museum: Obvious choice; where better to end Museum III than the place where it all started out? Also plenty of artefacts and submissions that could see use by either side for an extra dose of fun. Terrain is fairly conducive to the battle as well, though the hilly bits may cause issues with the log.
  • Skullhated: Site of one of the bloodiest battles in Orid Xem's history, and one of the more  important in the context of the setting-defining war against the living by Oddom. The central spire's throne room would also be a pretty good place for a final battle, since IIRC they tend to be wide, regular and relatively open spaces.
  • Stealmountain/Poisonuttered: Both of these sites are original Dark Fortresses, with the associated spires to the Circus. While they're not that historically significant by comparison, it provides some story opportunities if we go for the Circus idea.
  • Heroicgem: Oddom's original tower. Obvious historical significance aside, the area round the central tower should be another good battle spot due to its openness.

I think it could work. At the very least it would provide a bit of extra Fun for anything living, like the Clown army and possibly a handful of adventurers. Could probably throw some thralls in there as well, considering the Blight clown car/mosh pit that is Ghoulcreek.

Fantastic I am between Skullhated and the Museum. Skullhated as the history as well as the final boss room. Only thing I'm iffy about is that when you load into dark fortresses it tends to scatter the populations across huge amounts of land. Could work around it
Museum would be the easiest to set up. world gen castles are convenient because they aren't huge sites and so we don't have to worry about half our enemies being on the opposite side of the map and therefore not participating at all.
Either map can be done though.

Logistics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: April 04, 2024, 08:39:09 am »

How are you getting on QD?

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 04, 2024, 12:36:23 pm »

How are you getting on QD?
Nearly done on the fortress. I'm at the point where I can leave it as-is if you want to playing tonight or tomorrow evening.

(Basically all I've got left to do is link up a couple hundred individual spikes to a repeater - I'm maybe halfway through that - then seal up the various shortcuts.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 12:42:44 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: April 04, 2024, 06:29:44 pm »

I’m not in a rush. Please finish what you’re doing!

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 04, 2024, 08:11:47 pm »

Only 3 weeks until New Adventure Mode. Though I'm sure the Museum IV won't start immediately after the update.
oooooh I can't wait (and also because of this I need to get back into working on that Civs+ mod of mine, (especially since current DF Classic is far more well optimized I feel then like the last version of Legacy before it transitioned to Classic)) also makes me feel excited for the Museum IV
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 08, 2024, 01:09:18 am »

The save is up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_bbaT-1yLDZkcpdMZJKmjR3vlCLVsBQ2/view?usp=sharing

There’s a new fortress on the maps - the Traps of Dying. It’s located out in the mountain ranges at the west east end of the world, near a goblin dark fortress.

For those who want to explore it, I strongly advise you use characters with low Observation – most of the traps there are reliant on pressure plates, including several that open ways forward. Since IIRC spotting a pressure plate or other trap disables it in adventure mode, that wouldn’t make for a very good experience. Assuming the minecart repeaters keep working, you may also want to bring multiple characters, since a several of the traps are designed to deliver large amounts of vitamin F.

(That said if you want to go into the Maximum Fun Chamber, you’ll probably need a good combat-focused character in the party. Rewards are well worth it though.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 03:16:31 am by Quantum Drop »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: April 12, 2024, 09:40:26 pm »

I've picked up the save but I am going to be out of the country for the next few days. I hope nobody minds if there is a delay on my uploading the next save.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: April 13, 2024, 03:53:17 pm »

I don't mind
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 13, 2024, 09:58:16 pm »

The save is up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_bbaT-1yLDZkcpdMZJKmjR3vlCLVsBQ2/view?usp=sharing

There’s a new fortress on the maps - the Traps of Dying. It’s located out in the mountain ranges at the west end of the world, near a goblin dark fortress.

For those who want to explore it, I strongly advise you use characters with low Observation – most of the traps there are reliant on pressure plates, including several that open ways forward. Since IIRC spotting a pressure plate or other trap disables it in adventure mode, that wouldn’t make for a very good experience. Assuming the minecart repeaters keep working, you may also want to bring multiple characters, since a several of the traps are designed to deliver large amounts of vitamin F.

(That said if you want to go into the Maximum Fun Chamber, you’ll probably need a good combat-focused character in the party. Rewards are well worth it though.)

Ah, hell yeah. Thanks QD!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 14, 2024, 05:37:16 am »

I've tried to update the maps, and other stuff. There have been quite some developments, and I did not really keep up with events over the last weeks.
We are now in the fourth age of heroes, and the fifth century of active play in this world, which is crazy.

Here is the new map, there are actually multiple Traps of Dying, I guess one of them must be a trap, and not the real thing  :):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's turned into a cartographers nighmare by now, and I hope anyone is actually able to find something in this maze :-)
The photoshop file that I use to track things has turned into a nightmarish file with 238 layers, all with confusing names.
I should really organise this better for the next museum game. Speaking of which, it won't be long to the adventure mode release. Can't wait.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 05:39:53 am by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263