Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265]

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 427104 times)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3960 on: May 26, 2024, 03:11:26 pm »

That might not prove wise, with some forts being overrun with vermin and whatnot. Might want to test it for a while in an offshoot-save and run in and out with adventurers, reclaim and retire it a few times.

I agree it is not without risk. In addition, some of the museum exhibits are containers full of liquids, which would vanish on reclaiming.

You know, something I always wanted to try, was turning a structure or a place into a "lair." And like, getting that to work. I vaguely remember a discussion on these, where I learned that lairs are hardcoded to remember exact item locations, in a way unlike other places in game. It might be a worth a try.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: May 26, 2024, 04:50:46 pm »

Castles like boltspumpkin are also supposed to remember item locations. Something's fucky, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: June 04, 2024, 07:54:36 pm »

Here's the save, end of Turn 150, year 1126.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pTxmerxmLgoziq5hTaNgCTXGrW6WDkjA/view?usp=drive_link

Let me know if the permissions are screwy.

Good luck, Bralbaard!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: June 05, 2024, 10:53:02 am »

Castles like boltspumpkin are also supposed to remember item locations. Something's fucky, though.

I can only assume that the number of items on the site has overflowed whatever data storage is available for that site, so it scatters additional items?

In the end I wasn't brave enough to embark a fort over the top. If anyone is going to do that it should be Bralbaard!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: June 15, 2024, 10:50:40 am »

That's been more than 10 days since I uploaded the save. I am not sure if Bralbaard is playing - he didn't respond to my message. I hope he is OK.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: June 15, 2024, 05:14:25 pm »

That's been more than 10 days since I uploaded the save. I am not sure if Bralbaard is playing - he didn't respond to my message. I hope he is OK.
same me too, but at the exact same time I feel like it might be another instance of how if anyone mentions him being inactive the next day or later today he comes back and suddenly "hey I am active" idk it's something I noticed a bit and I thought it was sort of funny lol, still hope he's ok
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: June 16, 2024, 11:41:14 am »

Yeah, I hope he is okay!

I am able to take a turn if he doesn't show up
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265]